Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
frogpondlily

Some more Kentucky blooms.......

frogpondlily
15 years ago

Blooms are definitely winding down here, but still have some to go and of course reblooms! Hope you enjoy the pics and of course feedback is always welcome. If there is repeats, please forgive!

Janet

Regency Heights

Startle

Janet Benz

Raspberry Sunshine

Northbrook Star (poly)

Vanilla Fluff

Red Twister

Almost Indecent

As for these pics, I truly wish I had the "touch" with the camera that Rick, Jan, Ellie and everyone has to truly capture the beauty of the clumps that greeted me this morning from my deck.

Indian Ripple clump (morning)

evening

Trogon clump

Enjoy!

Hershel & Janet

Comments (13)

• tweetypye
    15 years ago

I think your photos are just great...those clump shots are spectacular....I love IR...it's always such a cheery dl. I'll be glad when mine clumps up like yours.
    I think that's about as pretty a bloom on Startle that I've ever seen. Mine is still just 2 fans, and I didn't get much bloom on it this year...hopefully it'll get better.
    Thanks for the show.
    Jan

• janepa
    15 years ago

All of your daylilies are lovely. Your clump photos, as well as the rest, are just fine. That is the nicest photo I have seen of Startle in a long time. I purchased two pots of it going by the photo on the tag attached, and when it bloomed it was one of the splotchy, ugliest DLs I ever saw. Someone on the Daylily Forum told me it was probably a clone. I haven't tried it again but your photo temps me to try.
    Thanks for sharing. Jane

• okbt
    15 years ago

Nice pics! I love Regency Heights. Your clump shots are great!

• newyorkrita
    15 years ago

You did a great job. The clump shots especially are divine. I just love Indian Ripple, it is just my kind of daylily (bold and bright). Great idea to take that clump both in the morning and evening.

• jean_ar
    15 years ago

I see n othing wrong with your photo's.They alot better then mine.Startle is soo pretty and Janet Benz, too.Those clump shots are fantastic.Wish I had some big clumps of some thing,,well, I do have a couple clumps of Little Wart,and a bunch of Stella's but they nothing like these clumps of yours.They are gorgeous..Thanks for sharing them with aall of us.I love seeing every ones pictures.

Jean

• juliet11
    15 years ago

Really like your clump shots - especially Indian Ripple! Janet Benz is such a gorgeous pink. Thanks for sharing your photos!

Juliet

• katlynn719
    15 years ago

Love your clump shots! And I think that is the best photo I've ever seen of STARTLE.
    Kathy

• Nancy
    15 years ago

Nice, I thought maybe Startle was going to be my favorite here til I scrolled down to Indian Ripple. That is just stunning!

• blondiesc
    15 years ago

Gorgeous! Janet Benz is my favorite. Please keep the photos coming!

• rarejem
    15 years ago

Very nice pics! A lot of blooms that I haven't seen and I like them all. Regency Heights is my favorite of the group. I really like your pic of Startle, but I am jaded as mine has never opened right. Maybe this year...

I love the clump shots as well. It is so easy to get caught up in a perfect flower that sometimes we tend to ignore the stunning beauty of a full clump!

Glad you shared them with us.

Julie

• tjhemmer
    15 years ago

I have Regency Heights, Startle, Indian Ripple, and Red Twister. Love RH, IR and RT.

Great clump shots.

Tom

• frogpondlily
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks everyone for the nice comments. Just had to share some sunshine along with all the other pretties that is posted on here!

Janet

• luvtosharedivs
    15 years ago

Love your Regency Heights with that bright yellow-green throat!
    My Startle never looked as beautiful as yours! It never gets as much frilly edges as yours, or any internet pics. You sure are doing something right with it!
    Almost Indecent and Vanilla Fluff are very nice doubles.
    I have Indian Ripple on my wish list already.
    I'm glad you showed us your beautiful clumps, and don't ever think they're not as good as someone else's. You captured them beautifully!

Thanks for sharing you wonderful variety of beauties!

Julie