Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hosta_freak

What happened to Photbucket?

hosta_freak
16 years ago

Ok,what is going on? I can't even get my pics to appear on anything I want to post a pic of? I posted that one of Newton,my cat,and it was oversized,and I never had to resize,before in the past. Not only that,but they lost my first user name,and I couldn't get back in. Now my old pics are lost in cyberspace forever! I re-joined with a new user name,and I can put pics in my album,but I can't get them into a post on the hosta forum! Am I alone in this or is something strange going on? I guess this may be the last year I can post photos? Phil

Comments (12)

• Janice
    16 years ago

Phil--are you using your cursor to hover over the "HTML Tag"? It *copies* with a black highlighting the line now! If you look below your pic. by having your pic. scrolled up on the page, you will see a very quick flash of a small yellow box saying "copied", when you hover your cursor at the HTML Tag spot! At that point, if you come into your message box here, point and click, you should see the information that produces your pic.!

I don't know what's happening in the case of the other stuff you mentioned! I'm telling you, there's a Big Black Hole somewhere out there and all our stuff is getting sucked out into it!!! :o) Okay, maybe not, but, something has gone haywire on many levels--sun spots maybe?

• micke
    16 years ago

I posted some this morning from photobucket, my problem is I can't figure out how to resize so they are all thumbnail.
    Maybe it is your computer settings?? I am really computer dumb so I can't help you figure out what is going on, but I hope it is just a little glitch somewhere.
    I had another site I used to belong too and it had a area where we could add pictures, I never could get them to post over there so I just quit trying.

• lindac
    16 years ago

Don't thin I am havine a problem at all.

• Janice
    16 years ago

Hey Meesh! If you click on 'edit' above your pic. it will open it up, completely and from there you can resize, supposedly!

I use Photo Elements to resize mine before putting them into Photobucket, but sometimes I still like to make them even
    smaller, afterwards. I've been successful in doing that up to now, anyway!

I just found that you can change your settings through "Account Options" at Photobucket, located in the upper left, right next to
    your *greeting* from PB, so check and see if you can change some of these things there. I changed my background color, and
    how many to display per page there!

• Janice
    16 years ago

So, Linda--what's your hosta there?

• Hosta_Haven
    16 years ago

I think it says Wheaton Blue on the pot...

Char

• lindac
    16 years ago

That's what it says on the pot....but I don't think it is.

• Janice
    16 years ago

How can you read that, Char--you've got some good eyes! I think I see $4.00 as a price?

So, what DO you think it is, Linda? Was it a yard sale acquisition?
    Whatever it is, it looks like it has some possibilities!

• hosta_freak
    Original Author
    16 years ago

OK,everyone. You have probably heard the term "brain freeze"? It's funny,but I have been posting pics on this forum for more than 2 years,and all of a sudden,my brain went south!! I was forgetting to right click "paste" so the tag line would appear! It's hell to get old! lol! Look at the post Peachy Keen Heuchera,and you'll see my latest pic. What happened before all this started,was,one day I went to add a pic to my album,and my album was gone! I couldn't remember my password,and couldn't get back on. They said to join photobucket,and so I did,using a new user name and password. I now have a new album,with a couple of pics in it. They also changed their format. Now,you have to resize your pics so you all won't see that stretched out form,where you have to scan horizontally to see all the text. I hate that,myself,so I didn't want to subject you to that. Is this all clear as mud,now? Sorry for this post about my stupidity!! Phil

• Hosta_Haven
    16 years ago

Welcome to the club, buddy, welcome to the club.

Janice, it's called laser eye surgery combined with a large wide screen monitor! LOL

"over fifty" and sometimes lovin' it,

Char

• Janice
    16 years ago

Char--Oh, no wonder!!LOL My hubby did that about 10 years ago, and what a difference it made for him!

I'm over 50, for sure, but I still wear disposable contacts when going out, to church, dinner, a day with gal friends,
    but normally, at home my glasses. Today, having come home from church (so wearing the contacts) I definitely couldn't
    read that label. I should run put my glasses on and try it again! What price vanity!!

Phil, so glad things are working better for you! I have learned to have a *folder* just for important information
    like registration numbers, passwords etc. and also, now a hard copy in case things go down! It's saved me several
    times to have a place to go when my memory fails me!!

Now, as long as I remember that I've done those things....I'll be okay!:o)

• hostasformez4
    16 years ago

All my old pictures are gone from Photobucket too!!!! I'm kind of glad you have the same problem Phil because I thought I had done something terribly wrong!!

I am now registered under my Hosta Forum name for some reason instead of my old name!!!

I am really puzzled as to why it happened to me and I haven't been able to get the pictures back at all. Anyone else have the same problem?

Connie

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville