Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
fairysoapgirl

More Reblooms (pics)

fairysoapgirl
15 years ago

Well, the last week has brought cool weather (highs in the low 80's), overcast skys and rain. I love it... and so do the daylilies. They are starting to recover from the 100 degree scortching sun, and I am getting rebloom and even more new scapes (Going Bananas, Little Blue Bell, Levi Davis, Navy Blues, Star Child).

Here are some pictures from the last few weeks:

Earlene Garber - seems to love the cool weather, the colors have become so much more saturated

Levi Davis - new, so not looking his best, but trying hard

Little Blue Bell - Reblooms on this scape have all been doubles!

Navy Blues

Palace Garden Beauty

PGB getting more intense/blue with cooler weather

Surf - also darkening up with cool weather and rain

These Eyes

Very Berry Ice

{{gwi:662823}}

Comments (18)

• uroboros5
    15 years ago

Thanks for the eye candy, blooming season is over in my garden. OMG... winter approaching!

• tweetypye
    15 years ago

Oh my....lovely, lovely dl's, the only ones of which I have are PGB and VBI. I love NB, and LBB. They are all gorgeous. Thanks for my "dl fix" today. :)
    Jan

• juliet11
    15 years ago

You have so many wonderful reblooms! My favorite photo is of Very Berry Ice.

Juliet

• luvtosharedivs
    15 years ago

Very, very nice!
    It's amazing how temperature and rain affect blooms.
    My favorite of those you posted is the second Palace Garden Beauty.

Great photos!

Julie

• newyorkrita
    15 years ago

Don't you just love rebloom? I love VERY BERRY ICE and THESE EYES. I have THESE EYES and it was an early bloomer here. No rebloom scapes so far on it. I also have LEVI DAVIS. Didn't get alot of blooms from it but oh wow, the blooms were so stunning they just blew me away. I think when its looking its best you will be very happy with those flowers.

Keep those pictures coming.

• doucanoe
    15 years ago

Thanks for sharing your reblooms. I don't have much left to look forward to in my DL gardens. Prety much over.

Very Berry Ice is my favorite of this bunch! These Eyes is stunning, as wel!

Linda

• okbt
    15 years ago

Beautiful!

• fairysoapgirl
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I'll keep posting if they keep blooming!! Can't believe how much rebloom is coming on!! I keep hoping that I will have blooms into September. Maybe this bout of rain will help with that!

Thanks for the kind comments!!

Rita - These Eyes took forever between bloom and rebloom (or so it seemed). According to my pictures, it started blooming May 16th, last blooms on those scapes came on June 5th. It did not rebloom until Aug 8. Good news it, there are TONS of buds on the rebloom scape.

• opnjmprs
    15 years ago

So happy to see that you are still getting some beautiful blooms. I really love Little Blue Bell, and Navy Blues. These Eyes is very pretty too.

Linda

• newyorkrita
    15 years ago

Ok,looking up in my notes THESE EYES started blooming on June 15th. That is very early for around here although KISSES LIKE WINE beat it blooming because that started on June 11th. I didn't write down when THESE EYES finished blooming but lets say July 5th or so. If it takes two months to rebloom from end of bloom that means Sept 8th or so. Of course the scapes would appear way before that.

• organic_kitten
    15 years ago

Thanks so much I hate to see all of the pictures coming to an end...of course I might spend less. Probably not:)
    kay

• jean_ar
    15 years ago

Wow, these are all beautiful blooms.My favorite one is THESE EYES.I just love that one,,Purple..wow,, hope you post all the blooms on that one.Its gorgeous. I also like LITTLE BLUE GIRL,and PALACE GARDEN BEAUTY IS a beauty, too.I like VERY BERRY ICE, tooYou have some very nice reblooms and hope they keep it up,so we can see more photos.

Jean

• fireballga
    15 years ago

I'm jealous of these August blooms! No reblooms here, just the distant memory of the daylilies from May and June, but its a treat to see what's up in other gardens. These are just beautiful. :-)

• i_c_dillies
    15 years ago

Michelle,
    Beautiful photos. I think my favorite is VERY BERRY ICE.
    Hope to see more of your rebloom.
    Thanks for sharing these.

Lrae

• fairysoapgirl
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I keep looking for more scapes, but I might have to wait until it cools down consistently here...

Rita anything yet? :o)~ How bout now?? Now??

I am uber impatient. I check every day for new scapes. Maybe I missed one this morning... going to check again....

• newyorkrita
    15 years ago

I found one rebloom scape coming up on INNER VISION up on the daylily plateau. That was it. I am still hoping they will come. Its cool here. Actually very cool for August so I always wonder if that has anything to do with it. We have had plenty of rain so not a problem there.

• tjhemmer
    15 years ago

Great pics.. Don't see too many of Navy Blues. My fav though is PGB.

Keep positing

Tom

• burwoodbelle
    15 years ago

I HAVE MANY DAYLILYS 50 OR MORE LOTS OF REBLOOMERS
    BUT NO BLOOMS HERE IN MID TN HELP WHAT IS WRONG
    P.S.THIS IS MY FIRST POST

BURWOODBELLE