Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
newyorkrita

Some Pics for Sunday

newyorkrita
14 years ago

WOEBEGONE GIRL on rebloom.

Over in the garden section were I have my Olallie later bloomers planted there are lots of scapes and buds.

PURIFY MY HEART had some flowers on a rebloom scape.

The MARGO REED INDEED wannabe just keeps on blooming.

I have had this no ID forever. It blooms late every year.

Comments (13)

• shive
    14 years ago

PURIFY MY HEART is so pretty! I recently planted mine in the new cirle bed that gets full sun all through the fall. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I'll get a late scape. Looking at the MRI wannabe makes me feel cooler this afternoon. It's wretchedly hot and humid here today.

Debra

• Julia WV (6b)
    14 years ago

Great to see your gettng new scapes and buds.
    We are just starting to wind down here.
    Humidity here was unbearable until the storms rolled through so the plants got their watering already and the humidity has lowered itself to a bearable level. No chance to plant today, perhaps tomorrow.
    Still pulling my list of hybridizers to check out for lates. I was really good at our club plant sale yesterday and didn't buy anything since most of them were early or midseason. Need to save my $$'s for the lates.

Julia

• katladie
    14 years ago

Purify My Heart is so pretty, and so is Woebegone Girl.

It is hot here too, although the temps are a little lower than last week, the humidity is higher so it feels hotter. Hoping for a shower today, but so far none, they are dancing all around us.

Sharon

• jean_ar
    14 years ago

Seems like PURIFY MY HEART has been blooming for a very long time,and its beautiful, too. That red NO ID is a gorgeous one, too.I REALLY like that one.Glad you are still getting some late bloomers.

Jean

• organic_kitten
    14 years ago

Rita,
    Woebegone Girl is really pretty, and I love that Reed white one.
    kay

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I remember that last year in August I still had a bloom here or there because my new Emmerich intros were blooming out of sync for the area. This year those from last year are on the correct schedule and I am not getting that much in bloom from the new Emmerich intros I put in this spring.

But I do have all these late bloomers that I didn't have last year and that is what is saving the show around here.

• blue23rose
    14 years ago

Love the red NOID. Very flashy:)

Purify My Heart is also very nice.

Vickie

• njmomma
    14 years ago

Love the red NOID! Can you tell me which ones you ordered from Olallie? I need to order some Late ones. Thanks!
    Natanya

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    14 years ago

That late blooming no ID of mine is one that I have been posting for the past two years and every year people really like it. I love it because it is and was a late bloomer when I used to not even have anything late.

Natayna- Go to the Olallie Website and click on the late blooming section. Choose anything listed that they say blooms in September. It will start in August here. I will do a new post about my Olallie Late Bloomers, just take afew minutes.

• Waitforspring
    14 years ago

Rita, that Margo Reed Indeed wannabe is gorgeous. You really lucked out there. Really like Woebegone Girl too.
    Val

• maximus7116
    14 years ago

WOEBEGONE GIRL is one I've not seen before -- I really like it! I'm off to get info on that one.

• Nancy
    14 years ago

Woebegone Girl is gorgeous.

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    14 years ago

WOEBEGONE GIRL is by Gary Schaben

Here is a link that might be useful: Gardens With a Northern Exposure