Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hostapumpkinman

What have you ordered so far

hostapumpkinman
15 years ago

Hi all,just curious what you have ordered so far.I am getting from Naylor Creek:Clowns Collar,First Love,Frosted Frolic,Pistache and Regal Supreme.The other order is from White Oaks and it consists of Sweet Home Chicago,Lakeside Symphony ,Lakeside Prophecy and a Primal Scream daylily.

Comments (14)

• timhensley
    15 years ago

So far the only order I have placed is with Naylor Creek. I ordered Made You Look, Olympic Sunrise, Stitch in Time, Manzo, and Little Jay. I plan on ordering a couple of streaked plants (montana chirifu oba & galaxy) from Jims Hostas but it seems his site is not up and ready for 2009. Hopefully he'll have it up soon before i spend the few dollars i have set aside for hostas.

• georgia-rose
    15 years ago

Have only placed orders for mini/small ones so far.
    Naylor Creek had 2 that I wanted and they were in very short supply, Snow Mouse & Yellow Polka Dot Bikini, so I placed my order as soon as they posted their new website. Also included 8 more minis on the order. I couldn't pass up a 10% discount and Free Shipping!
    Little Red Rooster, Lime Fizz, Pineapple Punch, Alakazaam, Little Jay, Dixie Chickadee, Little Caesar & longissima Akikaze.
    Also ordered; Holy Mouse Ears, Dragon Tails, Country Mouse, Pixie Vamp & Blue Mouse Ears from 3 other vendors.

Since there isn't much available space in the garden, I only replace the one's that have disappeared or look puny. I usually have enough plants in my quarantine/pot-ghetto to take care of any necessary replacements, but if one appeals to me and is reasonably priced, I will purchase one or two. But any new purchases will have to serve time in quarantine, before being planted in the garden.

• caliloo
    15 years ago

I have only ordered Moonstruck and Golden Meadows (both from Hallson's) and I will probably hold off on anything else until I see what my local nursery has on tap. I am really fortunate that there is a wholesale place near my hosue and the owner is a hostaholic too!

Alexa

• gor-gor
    15 years ago

I've ordered Venus and am working real hard to not get any more! I've really run out of room, lol, but being so far south I had to try the flowers that don't open often for where I want to live. :)

(aka elsewhere as Spider)

• hostaholic2 z 4, MN
    15 years ago

So far Empress Wu, Cat and Mouse, and Hanky Panky will be coming to my house. Some I'm looking at include Emerald Ruff Cut (almost certain) Pineapple Upsidedown Cake, and having trouble deciding between Lakeside Shoremaster and Lakeside Beach Captain. What are your thoughts, experiences with those two?

• alexis717_df
    15 years ago

So far, Liberty, Dawes, Remember Me, Blue Hawaii, Paradigm, Earth Angel, Cuyahoga, Sagae, Rainforest Sunrise and Dream Weaver. Still planning on another six which I'll pull from my earlier post... Need Help Deciding...

Alexis

• sheltieche
    15 years ago

Have ordered from White Oaks
    Frosty Morn
    L/S ninita
    Norwalk Chartreuse
    W.Lachman
    Swoosh
    Sea Sunrise
    will hold off anything else, money are tight this year and space is even more so. I have large perennial garden with hostas incorporated so am growing tons of other perennial stuff, this year I went crazy on primulas- got any primula seeds I could find- even from Barnhaven, France... am planning to put them with hosta to liven up early/ mid spring season.

• paullam
    15 years ago

Brought the hobby inside for our long winter and planted over 10 variety of seeds, and I am extremely pleased with my results. Now if mother nature would only co-operate....wishful thinking on my part.

I did place an order last week through "Fundy Beauties".

Jimmy Crack Corn
    Montana Aureomarginata
    Nothern Exposure
    T-Rex
    Queen of the Sea
    Brother Stefan

• paul_in_mn
    15 years ago

Ordered 8 from MN Hosta Society Plant Sale. Most I had not heard of before.

Clovelly
    Marrakech
    Dawes
    Juha
    Restless Sea
    High Society
    Blue Ivory
    Cuyahoga

Plus 4 more

Climax
    Dark Shadows
    Mountain Snow
    The Razor's Edge

So just 12 and it's only Feb - trying to show restraint. But I'm weak - lol.

Paul

• Babka NorCal 9b
    15 years ago

On order are the following, which are all new to me except for Summer Breeze. I had one years ago that died and after seeing all the photos had to get another one. Some hostas are just like that...

Christmas Candy
    Rainbow's End
    Sweet Innocence
    Brother Stephan
    Summer Breeze
    Fragrant Queen
    EmeraldRuff Cut
    Dep Blue Sea
    DAncing Queen
    Blue Ivory
    Alakazaam

-Babka

• Hosta_Haven
    15 years ago

Ohh...I've been soooo bad! From Hosta.Hosta.com (GreenHill Nursery - Bob Solberg), Naylor Creek, and Hallson Gardens

Final Summation
    Frosted Mouse Ears
    Candy Dish
    Potomac Glory
    Lime Smoothie
    Red Dragon
    Hanky Panky
    Shimmy Shake
    Proud Sentry
    Alakazaam
    Dark Shadows
    Grand Slam
    Hyuga Urajiro
    The Razor's Edge

I wanted Snow Mouse too but it is sold out!

Let's see..is that 14? I also have my eye on a bunch from my local grower.

Char

• paullam
    15 years ago

Place an order with Fundy Beauties for eight new plants last Friday.

Brother Stefan
    Queen of the Sea
    T-Rex
    Komodo Dragon
    Northern Exposure
    Jimmy Crack Corn
    Plantaginea Aphrodite
    Montana Aureomarginata

Hope to find Lakeside Coal Miner in a Canadian nusery....might encounter to many border problems otherwise.

Tried my luck planting many variety of Hosta seeds late last Fall. I am very pleased with the results.....will now have an additional 15 new varieties plus the above mentioned that I am looking forward to plant this Spring.

• sunnny
    15 years ago

I've ordered several too and can't wait for them to arrive!

From Bridgewood who is having a half price overstocksale:
    Halcyon
    Royal Standard
    Wolverine
    Lakeside Roy El

From New Hampshire Hosta:
    Libery (Ohhh I can't wait for her to get here! LOL)
    Alex Summers
    Rainforest Sunrise
    and another one but I can't remember.

I've never ordered from Jim's or Hosta.Hosta.com or from Naylor. Can you tell me which send larger plants? I'd love to try them.
    Enjoy your weekend,
    Sunny

• pagrdnr
    15 years ago

I just ordered Empress Wu, Stained Glass, and Stitch in time from Naylor's. I want to add more but I just wanted to order those first in case they sell out. There are other ones I want but they are pretty common so I am going to wait until after my frost date for more ordering. I think I am going to have to make some new beds.
    Shawn

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz