Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
olyagrove

Siam Ruby Bananas - Tampa/Orlando area

olyagrove
16 years ago

I figured we will start a separate thread for those who want Rubies here in Tampa/Orlando/Brandon area...

Vaodiva, you said you can pick them up..do you mean, from the seller?

I could pay for the flat, and get the money from whoever wants the plants later. I just received Humane Society credit card, and would want to use it. A percentage of the spendings goes to the Humane Society of USA...:)

If someone else wants to pay, this is fine too! I will send a check asap, once we decide on ordering...

Let me know!

Olya

Comments (150)

• vaodiva
    16 years ago

Oh Gabriele, you're quite funny! I got it thanks :)

• tampaart
    16 years ago

I teach at HCC Dale Mabry Mon/Wed 11-1:45 and then I'm the evening dean from 4-10pm Mon-Thur. On Friday morning from 8-noonish I do my orchid business. Other than that (whew!) I'm free!

• vaodiva
    16 years ago

Evelyn, Kate said she may be able to help you get your plants. I will be here all weekend, for the most part, so if you need to come by drop me a line and let me know when.

• springtime_fl
    16 years ago

I am off work Mon & Fri. afternoons & Tuesday & Thursday all day. Those days would work for me to meet and get my plants.

Gabriele

• anitaathome
    16 years ago

Vaodiva:

When and where will you be in Orlando? I would like to meet you to pick my bananas up. I am happy to pick up anyone else's if they let me know.

Thanks,

Anita

• vaodiva
    16 years ago

Orlando folks, Gabriele and Anita are available both days. Since I have to be in town Thursday anyway, I'd like to meet one (or both) of you then. I have to work out an exact time but sometime between 3 and 6PM. Ladies, will that work for either of you? Please let me know and we'll finalize the plans.

• vaodiva
    16 years ago

Oh, the where. We're going to a show at the O-rena so somewhere downtown would be fine. Then again, anywhere just off I-4 on the way down would be alright too. And if 441 is better we can go that way as well. Just let me know what works for all.

• tampaart
    16 years ago

Paid via PAYPAL yesterday (under the SN Meechuck3). Thanks again for doing this Vaodiva!

• anitaathome
    16 years ago

Gabriele:

I am on the East side of Orlando so getting to downtown that time of day will be quite the slog through traffic. I will do it if need be but if you are closer would you mind getting the lot and I can get mine from you later (perhaps on the weekend - I work 9-5)

Thanks!

Anita

• abendwolke
    16 years ago

So, the bananas have a way to get to Orlando, correct?
    where and when do we pick them up?

• anitaathome
    16 years ago

Yes, Evelyn, if you look back about 3 posts, vaodiva said she would bring them to Orlando on Th if one of us could meet her between 3 and 6 on Thursday. This is not great timing for me - would you be willing to pick them up?

Thanks,

Anita

• springtime_fl
    16 years ago

I think my last post was misunderstood. I meant that those were the days I could get my bananas from someone in the Tampa/Brandon area. I have a bad back and cannot drive to Orlando. I am sorry for the misunderstanding.

Gabriele

• annafl
    16 years ago

Oh, I'm glad you got my check, Vanessa. Ariel, thanks for picking up my nanners. I don't know if Lellie and Kelpie are closer to you or to me. If it is better for them, I am glad to carry their bananas down my way. I will try to contact them too. Ariel, let me know when you have them at your place, and we can make arrangements to meet. Thanks so much, ladies!!!

Anna

• priscilla2007
    16 years ago

Hello Everyone,
    I ordered plants and I'm located in Ocala. Is there anyone else in my area who ordered plants? Is there a centralized location to pick them up?

Thanks
    Priscilla

• vaodiva
    16 years ago

Priscilla, if you can't come get, I can mail them to you.

Ariel, are you picking up the naners for the west coat from me on Thursday afternoon? Anita, am I meeting you Thursday as well?

Leahrenee, do you need your plants taken to Orlando as well?

Anna, are you in contact with Lellie or Kelpie? I haven't heard from either even though I sent them both emails.

• manature
    16 years ago

Priscilla, Felix emailed me and asked if I might be able to pick up your plants and take them to his place for you to get. I'd be glad to do that when I pick up mine, his & nativemel's. Just let me know if that would be helpful for you.

Marcia

• anitaathome
    16 years ago

Marcia would you pick mine up too? I am in Chuluota and I think you are in Sanford so I could come by your house on the weekend or meet you somewhere anytime that is convenient for you.

I could meet vaodiva on Thursday downtown but it will not be easy because of work comittments so this would be a big help.

Thanks.

Anita

• ariel73
    16 years ago

I am not able to make it to Orlando on Thursday.

Can one of the orlando locals pick up the bananas?
    Anita? Evelyne?

I can come Friday and pick them up.
    Let me know.
    Thanks,
    Ariel

• vaodiva
    16 years ago

Anita and Priscilla, is Marcia ok with paying for your plants?

• vaodiva
    16 years ago

Ariel, where are you coming from? I may be able to meet you off I-75, if u want and give you all the west coast ones.

• anitaathome
    16 years ago

I will pay you via PayPal. I was thinking I would pay you cash if I picked them up. But since it is not clear if I am going to be doing that or not I will just use PayPal.

Anita

• anitaathome
    16 years ago

Vaodiva:
    I am not hearing any responses from Marcia or Evelyn. I will meet you in Orlando at 3 if that is stil convenient for you. The further East you can go the better but you have done all the work here so tell me where is convenient for you. If you are coming from the Mt Dora area and 3PM is when you plan to hit the Orlando area maybe in the Sanford / I-4 / 417 intersection area would be good? Again - you tell me!!

Ariel I will pick up whatever you need me to. Friday we could meet at my office which is in the UCF area or in the evening (or the weekend) at my home in Chuluota. Just let me know,

• priscilla2007
    16 years ago

Marcia- Are you picking up tomorrow Monday the 14th or the following Monday the 21st. I'd like for you to pick mine up if Vaodiva has received my payment.

Vaodiva- I decided to try pay-pal, in hopes that my payment reaches you asap & Marcia can deliver my plants. 1) How do I make a payment to you thru pay-pal.
    2) Do you know if payment is credited immediately to your account.

Thanks
    Priscilla

• countrynest
    16 years ago

Priscilla,
    I sent you an email via GW. Apparently it did not reach you.
    Marcia has been very busy this weekend but she is planning to
    pick up the plants from vaodiva tomorrow late in the morning.
    She plans to be at my place about noon. Then you can pick yours up at your convenience but I am going out of town friday
    'till Monday.
    Felix

• annafl
    16 years ago

Vanessa, I emailed Lellie and Kelpie, but have not heard back. You know how emailing thru GW is, tho. They may not have gone through. Does anyone know where Kelpie lives? I know Lellie is in Anna Maria Island, but don't quite know whether she is closer to Ariel or me.

Anna

• manature
    16 years ago

Okay, now I'm getting confused. I know I'm picking up plants for Felix and taking them to him at his home. I'm also picking up plants for nativemel and bringing them back to my house for her to retrieve when she can. Priscilla, I will be glad to pick yours up, too, and you can retrieve them from me at your convenience, as well, if I'm nearer to you than Felix is.

Anita, I did write you back, but I was not online until late today due to several problems here at home, so you may not have received it. I would be glad to pick up your plants if you still want to get them from me.

Bottom line for anyone interested. If you want to pick up your plants from me in Sanford, let me know, and be sure you have them paid for, and I will get them tomorrow or Tuesday and hold them for you. I WON'T be home next weekend, though, as I'm taking my mother back to Georgia.

If you live closer to Felix, I can drop them with him, and if you are closer to me in Sanford, I'll hold them here for you. Just give a holler before I'm ready to leave.

I PLAN to go tomorrow, but I have a very sick cat on my hands and have to be at the vet in the morning, so it kind of depends on what time I'm able to get away from here. If it's getting too late, I may try to reschedule for Tuesday.

Marcia

• anitaathome
    16 years ago

All right Marcia!!!

Vanessa: I sent a check out to you last night via my bank. It will arrive in a computer-generated envelope so please keep an eye out for it - its not junk mail! You will get it Tuesday or Wednesday. The check is for $28 for 8 bananas. Is it ok if Marcia picks up my bananas before you get the check? If you do not like this plan I will meet you Thursday but this would be a big help to me from a work perspective.

If so then Marcia please DO pick mine up.

Ariel - if Vanessa says this is ok then I will NOT pick yours up but perhaps Marcia can.

Anita

• lellie
    16 years ago

I'm here!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Sorry...been very busy lately...a lot of thangs goin' on 'round here.

May I send a check?...and to whom?

Dunno who I live closer to...I'm off work on Thursday and can pick them up nearby if that helps anyone.

Thank you!

• vaodiva
    16 years ago

Anita, Marcia can pick up your plants whenever she comes. I'm fine with that :) So far, on my list I have Marcia picking up for Countrynest, Anitatahome, Priscilla and Nativemel

Lellie, here's a link to my address. Sorry, I just don't want it posted everywhere, hope you understand. (this will download a text file) http://vaodiva.com/myaddy.doc
    I have you down for four plants, though if you want more they are available. Your total's $14.00 ($3.50/plant).

Here's the story: I have to be in Orlando on Thursday and will meet anyone between 3 and 6 PM. I don't mind making more than one stop along that route if a few of you would like me to. I'm coming from SR-46 on I-4 so anywhere between there and Colonial Drive is open. If 441 is better for anyone we can also head downtown that way, going thru Apopka and over on Maitland. Short of driving out to the west coast, I'll do what I can to help everyone out. Also, feel free to email me if it's easier for anyone. I work on the computer all day.

• kelpie473
    16 years ago

I'm here too!! Anna was nice enough to e-mail to let me know the bananas are in. I'm in Bradenton about 15 or 20 minutes south of the Skyway, I think I'm about in the middle between Sarasota and Riverview and probably 20 from you too Lellie.

Vaodiva I just sent a payment for my two through Paypal to you.

Suzanne

• priscilla2007
    16 years ago

Vanessa- You should have received my payment. Give me a shout.

Marcia- if it's not too late, please deliver my Bananas to Felix and I will get them from his place.

Felix- Thanks I received your message and I would appreciate you receiving my plants (4 of them). I will pick them up when its convenient for you.

Thanks
    Priscilla

• manature
    16 years ago

Okay, let's see if I've got this straight. I'm leaving here shortly, and I THINK I'm picking up plants for Felix, Priscilla, Anita, Nativemel, Kate, and Evelyn. Priscilla, I'm leaving yours at Felix's house, and the rest are coming back to Sanford with me. I think Kate is picking up hers & Evelyn's, and I will have the rest here until you guys can retrieve them. (That would be the plants for nativemel, and Anita).

Hope that sounds okay to everyone, as I'm on my way to Vanessa's before too long.

Marcia

• abendwolke
    16 years ago

Thanks so much Marcia for picking up :-)
    Kate did offer to pick up hers and mine from you, but I may not want to wait thaaaaat long. I will send you an email to get directions to your place.

Evelyn

• anitaathome
    16 years ago

Marcia:

Thanks Sweet Pea! Please send me your phone number and address so we can coordinate a time when you get back for me to swing by and pick them up.

Vanessa:

Also a big huge thanks to you for coordinating all of this!!!

Anita

• ariel73
    16 years ago

I am a bit frustrated because I don't know what to do.
    I thought someone from orlando was going to help out and get the bananas.

Vanessa is driving to Orlando on Thursday, but I am not able to make it on Thusday, due to prior commitments.

I do not think it is fair for Vanessa to have to drive again to meet me somewhere and frankly driving to Eustis is to far for me.

Had I known it was going to be so difficult to get the bananas I do not think I would have ordered them.
    However, I did order them and I will some how get the bananas and help get bananas to the gardeners on my side of the state.
    I am sorry for venting and if I offended anyone.

Ariel

• olyagrove
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Can we have a big priority mail shipping to our side? I can meet people and do banana exchange/pick up in Brandon area or Tampa area

Olya

• vaodiva
    16 years ago

Sure I can do that :) Just let me know who I'm sending to.
    Recent news: my hubby found out he doesn't have to work on Friday, so we can meet someone in the Mall at Milenia /Universal Studios area. Hopefully this helps someone!

• countrynest
    16 years ago

Vanessa,
    Thank you so much for coordinating all of this.
    I have my three bananas and the four for Priscilla.
    Vanessa I know that you did not have to do the ordering,fronting the money,coordinating and making yourself
    available. You have spent so much of your time on us.
    You are a treasure.I am in your debt.

Marcia,
    Thank you so much for bringing my bananas and Priscilla's
    upon your visit here with your dear mother.

My garden friends, you are the best. You are so giving including with your emotional support to each other.
    It seems that we are all learning from each other not just about gardening but about our own humanity. I hope to meet many of you this year.

Felix

• ariel73
    16 years ago

I am sorry for venting. After I hit send I realized that I should'nt have done it. And then I had to leave for an appointment.
    I am having a bit of a crazy day.
    I am sorry,
    Ariel

• leahrenee1
    16 years ago

Ariel where are you located? I can pick up your bananas in orlando on thurs, or friday or whenever this is happening and meet you somewhere this weekend. :)

• priscilla2007
    16 years ago

Well,
    I just have to sing..." Happy Birthday to Me - Happy Birthday - Happy Birthday to Me - Happy Birthday!!!"
    Wait a minute its not my BIRTHDAY. It sure does feel like it!!!

Vanessa: Thanks for all you've done!!

Marcia: Thanks for picking up my babies!!

Felix: Thanks for babysitting!!

I'm so excited! Picture me doing the birthday dance and singing..."Happy Birthday to Me"...

Priscilla

• vaodiva
    16 years ago

Priscilla you're so cute! I'm so glad you're happy.
    And you're all welcome. I don't mind doing this at all. I just want everyone to get their little 'naners and be as happy as Priscilla :)

• manature
    16 years ago

You can picture ME doing Priscilla's happy dance, vaodiva...but it wouldn't be a PRETTY picture!

ACK!! Yer eyebulbs would likely be singed, and you'd never get the image outta yer mind for the rest of yer natural life!

But just so you know, I, for one, am supremely happy with my cute little 'naners, and very grateful to you for helping this all come about.

*Mwaaaaah!*
    Marcia

• countrynest
    16 years ago

Hey all,I'm happy also! Can I dance? --Felix

• manature
    16 years ago

Looks like we are about to have a full-blown Banana Jamboree! It's Ruby Siam Delirium, spreading like wildfire.

Marcia (Felix, I'd recognize you and Sylvia anywhere...great dancing!)

• tampaart
    16 years ago

So for whomever is getting the Tampa folks, just drop me a note/email and I'll come get 'em or you can drop them off in exchange for some really sweet starfruit (trees are full). Thanks
    Pete

• olyagrove
    Original Author
    16 years ago

What is the plan for the Tampa area?
    Can I temp anyone with pink grapefruits? :)

Olya

• vaodiva
    16 years ago

Still working on that, Olya. I'm willing to mail them. I'm also willing to meet someone on Friday, since Thursday doesn't work for anyone; even Saturday, if you'd like. Just let me know what you'd like me to do and I'm on it!

• olyagrove
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thank you, Vaodiva (Vanessa ? :)) for all your help
    I will wait to see what the rest of the Tampa area want to do...I can wait a bit, if you do not mind these nanas sitting in your house...

Olya

• vaodiva
    16 years ago

Oh I don't mind at all! Btw, I'm meeting Leahrenee Friday at 3 in Orlando, in case it helps anyone.
    Vanessa

Sponsored
Innovative & Creative General Contractors Servicing Franklin County