Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
numama

Someone Has Got to Know...I HOPE

numama
15 years ago

As some of you know, I had a very bad winter 2006 and lost many daylilies over winter 2006, a couple deaths in the family, hard drive crash, followed by heavy, heavy spring flooding 2007. I STRUGGLED to get daylily orders out, along with refunds for lost plants over winter. While struggling with all that, had to get what did survive moved to a new area of my land that does not lay in a flood plain...sometimes you learn the hard way as I did. Never knew part of my land was in a flood plain because it had never flooded here in the 10 years lived here prior. Needless to say, the flooding washed away tags on some to which I'm hoping y'all can help me I.D.....Any guesses are much appreciated as I do have a list of all the names I can check with. Some of these are finally blooming first time for me after all the 2006-07 mess I had. Thanks for your help!!!!

Unknown Double

HUGE Yellow....heavy substance, must be about 7 inch bloom, but did not measure it....could be six, but it is really big...the scape stood rather tall as well as I barely had to bend over to hybridize it....did not set any pods this year.

UNKNOWN reminds me of Lavender blue baby or another chance today?

This was in a trade with ELLIE...Ultraviolet mood or Niece Beverly?

This one looks different depending on the weather...next two pics are of the same flower, different days....

On a cool day...

On a hotter day....

This is the TOOTHIEST flower I've ever seen in person, but NO TAG!

AND THE LAST ONE NEEDING ID.....

Comments (21)

• mareas
    15 years ago

Wow, what a bad time you went through, sure glad things are looking up for you!
    Your yellow sure looks like Bill Norris or Joy & Laughter.
    The one from your Ellie trade is NOT Ultraviolet Mood - that one is purple with yellow throat.
    marea

• marbree
    15 years ago

I've found some examples on the internet that shows Forestlake Ragamuffin looking similar to your toothy seedling.

Here is a link that might be useful: Google search on daylily Forestlake Ragamuffin

• marbree
    15 years ago

I meant NOID, not seedling, sorry.

• marbree
    15 years ago

3rd one down does look like Niece Beverly

Here is a link that might be useful: Google search on daylily

• marbree
    15 years ago

4th one down is the one that looks like Niece Beverly.

3rd one down looks closer to Lavender Blue Baby. Another Chance Today has too much yellow. Lavender Blue Baby is the closest I can find, right now.

But I think I better log out for the night.

Here is a link that might be useful: Lavender Blue Baby on Dave's Garden

• marbree
    15 years ago

Another Chance Today picture showing yellow in the throat

Here is a link that might be useful: Another Chance Today on Picasa posted by Twila

• numama
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Mareas, thanks for the two suggestions, I'll get to looking on those two tomorrow. I know it was a bonus plant tagged St. Croix which I'm sure it is not.

WOW....Thanks for all your help Marbree!!!! I've got Forestlake Raggamuffin and Niece Beverly so far....thanks for helping me get two off of my list of unknowns!

Here are more pics of unknowns I need help with....
    A purchase of GREAT WHITE from the lily auction but obviously is NOT!

A HUGE coral colored pretty....

Keep those suggestions coming y'all and THANKS!!!
    Nancy

• shive
    15 years ago

I agree that the toothy one looks like Forestlake Ragamuffin. Your purpe UF on top of the toothy look like Witch's Stick. It's good to see you posting again, Nancy!

Debra

• bambi_too
    15 years ago

I would take that lsit of names and go to Tinkers Database and look them up. Then match those photos with yours. For added safety you could also then google the names with "daylily" after them and search images to further check. The good part is you have a list of what could be out there.

• numama
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks Debra, that one resides in my bed of bonus plants. The deer trompled through there and hoofed up some tags. Got a fence around them now. I am slowly, but surely getting myself back into the daylilies, it sure helped having LOTS and LOTS of bloom this year not to mention my first seedling babies! I've got several pretties re-blooming now.

Bambi....I am doing that with Tinkers, I have so many tho and it takes FOREVER and a day with my dial up connection I just thought it would be quicker to see if any guesses match up with my list....LOL

Keep those suggestions coming y'all....I sure appreciate it!
    Nancy

• mareas
    15 years ago

Nancy, here's my photo of my first TLBB flower (lost all my others in my computer crash),
    I'd bet money yours is Tet Lavender Blue Baby, too.
    {{gwi:970151}}
    marea

• numama
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks marea, I'm pretty convinced it is Lavender Blue Baby. It is blooming right now in my garden. I've got both the dip and the tet versions so I am working on setting pods on it to see which pollen it likes best to determine its ploidy.
    Thanks bunches for your help!
    Nancy

• ladylovingdove
    15 years ago

Nice to see you posting Nancy. Sorry I have no idea what you have, except that does look like Lav Blue Baby.

Dot

• numama
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks Dot, you know what I've been through, your emails sure brought me bits of laughter through some of my tougher times, not to mention all your GORGEOUS flower pixs! Thanks for your vote on Lav. Blue Baby. This one resides in my bonus bed and just started blooming a week ago. My tet and dip versions are well established and marked in the main bed so looks like I've got xtra now! Only time will tell to see whether tet or dip pods form in order to figure out the ploidy.

any other suggestions for the others are welcomed!
    Thanks y'all!
    Nancy

• mizellie
    15 years ago

Sorry Nancy, the only ones I recognize are Neice Beverly and Forestlake Ragamuffin. the Uf's looks familiar but can't think what they may be. do yo have brooklyn Twist/ i'll have to look that one up...Ellie

• mizellie
    15 years ago

Nancy, is it possible that the first UF is Coral Eye Shadow? Ellie

• numama
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Brooklyn Twist is on my list of flowers I do not have a pic of yet. Maybe one could be Brooklyn Twist? Others on my list are Tropical Depression, Velvet Web. I'm thinking one of the above could be one of these, just haven't gotten that far in my research with this dial-up connection. I may just have to start a bed of unknowns....LOL
    Nancy

• mizellie
    15 years ago

How about the last one. waiting in the wings??? Ellie

• shive
    15 years ago

Your Ufs don't look anything like my Coral Eye Shadow or Brooklyn Twist.

Debra

• berrytea4me
    15 years ago

Could your double be 'Mango Mango'?

I agree number 5/6 looks a lot like 'Brooklyn Twist'. Here's my picture take at a display garden this year:
    {{gwi:650044}}

• kydaylilylady
    15 years ago

The last one in the first post sort of looks like my String Theory.

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH