Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
smitt5657_gw

Hydroponic Meyer Lemon

smitt5657
10 years ago

I bought a 2-3 year old dwarf Meyer lemon this summer (July 2012) on amazon. The first mistake I made was putting it in a 10 gal terracotta pot. It did great during the summer but the problems started once I brought it back inside for the winter. The original soil I had in the pot was miracle-grow and it wasn't enough drainage, so I had feeling the roots just sat in a puddle. Anyways, I realized my mistake and I took the lemon tree out and I re-did the soil by mixing in perlite hoping to improve the soil. The tree just wasn�t looking good. It was loosing leaves; the lemons that were on it were super small and didn�t get any bigger. The leaves that were on it were turning yellow and some were curling. Any I finally decided that I needed to try something different. I put it into a hydroponic set up. I have the tree in perlite and it is in a 3 gallon bucket. The 3 gallon bucket has holes drilled in it and drains into a 5 gallon reservoir. I have a pump on a timer that then pours the water back onto the plants. The tree still doesn�t look good. How often should I water it, I have a timer so I can do whatever? How much ppm of hydroponic fertilizer does it really need? pH?

I will answer any questions you have if it helps you answer, Thanks

Comments (2)