Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
julie_mn

WANTED: Out of Town Paticipants and Volunteers Winter Blues S.S

Julie
17 years ago

Last years mail in version of the Winter Blues Seed Swap was a welcome addition to the swap for many folks- and I look forward to offering this feature again this year with help from willing and wonderful volunteers!

For those of you who frequent our Minnesota Gardening Forum, and can not attend the swap on Sunday January 21st- and still want to participate- this is for you!

You can mail your cleaned, individually packaged seeds in- and a voulenteer "buddy" will offer your seeds to be shared with those at the swap- and re-fill your envelope with your wants as listed in a note you have provided- (if they are there to be had)- and sent back to you in the same envelope with the additional postage you included with your seeds.

There are sure to be some surprises in your returned envelope- as there is no way to tell what will arrive to be shared!

If you are interested in the mail in version- or in volunteering to "adopt" an out of towner at the swap- please post below- or e-mail me through my page here at GW-

Julie

Comments (15)

• zenpotter
    17 years ago

Julie, I will be happy to adopt someone. It was fun last year.

Pauline

• Julie
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Oh- thanks Pauline! You are sure to make someone very happy!!

• sandysgardens
    17 years ago

Jul - Put me down as an adopter. Will be fun to fill an envy full of seeds and such for someone that can't make it.

Later
    Sandy

• maidofshade
    17 years ago

Julie
    I would love to participate from afar. Please check your email

• Julie
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hi there Sandy and Maid of Shade!
    So good to see you both posted here!
    Thanks Sandy for volunteering- again!
    Maid of Shade- I have sent you a note as well-

Julie

• joyfulsnowflake
    17 years ago

Julie:

I'd like to sign up for the out-of-towner exchange. Thanks.

Ying

• Julie
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hi there Ying-
    Welcome to the swap!
    You shold have a letter in your inbox!
    Julie

• Julie
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I have received Ying's envelope! The swap is surely getting close!!

• Julie
    Original Author
    17 years ago

OrDella has asked to participate from afar as well- I have sent her the info needed to participate by mail as well-

• Julie
    Original Author
    17 years ago

We have SandiBluffs returning again from last year's mail in, as well as Maide of shade and Orknish who have all sent in their envelopes for the swap- we have 4 envelopes received and room for more....

• mantorvillain
    17 years ago

Well phooey. It lookes like we have about 3" of new snow so far and more to come. Idon't believe I'll make the trek today but know everyone who can make it will have a grand time. Oh well, guess there's no reason not do get dome of those ignored chores done now.
    Have fun everyone,
    Will

• Julie
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hi there to my mail in friends!
    The seed swap was wonder-full! We had many helpers to stuff envelopes- and many seeds to choose from- even though many folks did not come do to the snow and driving conditions.
    I have envelopes for SandiBluffs who I picked for- and JoyfullSnowflake- who Selkie picked for- I do hope to get these sent home to you before the weeks end. I will drop you each an e-mail when I post them.
    Lazyweeder picked for MaideofShade- and will be sending from his post office- and SandysGardens picked for Oknish who will be sending from her post office.
    Much thought and hunting of folks wishes were put into each envelope- I do hope you all are pleased with what was found for you!

Julie

• oknish
    17 years ago

Julie, Sandy and everyone else that contributed seeds to the seed swap, I want to thank everyone for them. I was truly surprised when I opened my envlope with all of the little seed packets in there. I will truly enjoy all of your pretty blooms in Spring and this Summer.
    I am going to do a few w.s. in a few weeks, when ever it warms up a little. I would be afraid to put them out there now being so cold. Have a great day - THANKS AGAIN !!! OrDella Knish

• joyfulsnowflake
    17 years ago

Hi, Selkie and Julie:

I got my evenlop yesterday - boy, was I thrilled to see so many little packets of seeds! I got 79 packets in all! I had a long list and almost all of them are filled! Thank you Selkie for picking and packing them. You are great! Thanks everyone who has sent in seeds. I am so looking forward to summer. I hope next winter I'd be able to contribute more varieties of seeds.

Ying

• selkie_b
    17 years ago

Glad you enjoyed them, Ying! I remembered you and it was a lot of fun going through everything and hunting them all down. Have fun getting them all sprouting :)

-Marie

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting