Houzz Logo Print
steve_nj

HAVE: Garden Visit/Potluck/Plant Swap- May 4, 2008

steve_nj
16 years ago

MARK YOUR CALENDAR & TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Here is the basic information:

Date: Sunday May 4th, 2008

Arrive 10:00 AM (unload plants and food in driveway and park across road on Sedgwick). Walk around garden, socialize, etc.

potluck 12 noon

Afternoon-plant swap(informal or prearranged trades), visits to nearby public plantings of hardy palms, crape myrtles, etc.

TRADING MATERIALS:Labeled plants, cuttings (rooted or unrooted), bulbs, shrubs, happy seedlings, seeds, garden ornaments,garden magazines, extra gardening implements, or any other garden-related items.

POT LUCK: Please bring a lunch dish (with serving utensil) to enjoy and share. Bring a chair if you have one (extra chairs here if needed). Plates, plastic silverware, napkins, cups, and iced tea & water will be provided.

This will be a wonderful chance to share our passion for gardening, meet other avid and learning gardeners, have a festive and delicious meal, acquire some new plants & share our extras. In addition, there will be a side trip to visit nearby public plantings which include cold-tolerant palms.

This should be a FUN, informal day to share our love of gardening! I'm contacting some gardening friends & posting on several boards. Hopefully we'll have a good crowd. You should bring a gardening friend, too! Please email if you need the address and so I can get a head count.

HOPE YOU CAN MAKE IT TO THE SWAP!

Comments (10)

• dbeautybug
    16 years ago

This sounds great! I would love to learn more about Those palms you have. I have a friend who just sent me acai seeds and after reading the info on it I felt like it's going to be almost impossible to grow but if you can do it maybe there's a little hope for me too. (Probably in a pot)Anyway could you tell me where you're located? I'd like to find out how far you are before I can commit myself. I don't drive because of my vision so I'll have to hitch a ride. Thanks I look forward to hearing back from you. Deanna

• ellenh
    16 years ago

Hi Steve,

I'm planning on coming this year. I saw the picture of your palm trees on one of the other forums - amazing! I remember when they were very small a few years ago.

I'll be posting my "have" list soon.

Ellen

• steve_nj
    Original Author
    16 years ago

This will be rain or shine. Some things I'll have will include Adlumia fungosa (climbing fumitory), Petasites japonica variegata, Davidia involucrata, and Stewartia malacodendron.

• pontesmanny
    16 years ago

I plan on being there. I have just gotten into perennials but I can dig up some of the latter. Please let me know if someone wants them

Iris Cristata - Powder blue giant
    Phlox divaricata - Unknown (got it from the swap in 06)
    Viola - Unknown (got it from the swap in 06)

• ellenh
    16 years ago

I'll be bringing Fennel, Ostrich fern, lamb's ear, garlic chives, and spider plants among other things.

If someone wants Siloam David Kirchoff daylily, white voilets, double yellow kerria, cattails (standard size), orange daylilies, or black eyed susans (may or may not be double, let me know by saturday so I can dig it up for you.

• greensingh
    16 years ago

Steve, I just moved to this area and would love to come. Please send me directions. I will post my haves soon.
    -Manny

• steve_nj
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Does anyone have variegated cattail? I lost mine.

• greensingh
    16 years ago

Steve, got your email. thanks.

• greensingh
    16 years ago

I will be bringing the following :-

plants :- Aspidistra, red/green maranta, night blooming jasmine.
    seedlings :- diascia, lobelia cascade (annual), agastache golden jubilee, perovskia russian sage, butterfly weed (orange), rudbeckia irish eyes/ autumn colors, tomato starts (misc)

I would like the kerria and the Siloam David Kirchoff daylily and the iris cristata.

• pontesmanny
    15 years ago

I have a cold and will not be able to attend :(

Sponsored