Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
joyfulgardener_gw

What's blooming in your garden?

joyfulgardener
18 years ago

What perennials are in bloom in your garden? I'm still establishing my gardens, so I don't have a lot to report.

In the sunny areas: Black-eyed Susans are smiling cheerfully even amid the hot, dry weather. Got a couple of flowers on my trumpet vine this year - finally!

Shade: Hostas have just finished up. Hydrangea blooms unfortunately withered in the heat while I was away on vacation. :-(

Comments (5)

• jerseygirl07603 z6NJ
    18 years ago

I've got a second (small) bloom on Shasta Daisy Becky, nice clump of Joe Pye Weed, phlox still going strong, black-eyed susans, and russian sage (lovely). Rose of Sharon, roses and annuals make up the rest of the flowers in my garden at this time. I try to mix it up with annuals, small shrubs and perennials to keep lots of things in flower at all times.

• Sally_D
    18 years ago

I have mostly roses and most are resting right now. Some are blooming but I am most excited about my Rooguchi Clematis that has bloomed. It is so pretty.

• Maria410
    18 years ago

I have black-eyed susans, coreopsis, joe pye weed, a late blooming white hydrangea, butterfly bush, native honeysuckle, roses, geranium sanguinium, mums, heuchera, blue lobelia, oxalis, and clethra. In the non-flowering perennials my viburnums are starting to berry and the grasses are starting to seed. Beautiful. This is my favorite time of year in the garden. I have a few things that will be flowering in the next few weeks: sedum, perennial sunflowers, caryopteris, and remaining mums.

-- Maria

• Birdsong72
    18 years ago

Currently in flower: lobelia, liatris, Joe Pye Weed, tickseed coreopsis, phlox 'Diana', tithonia, agapanthus, echinecia, black eyed susan, yarrow, butterfly weed, butterfly bush, pineapple sage, fennel, globe thistle, cleome, obedient plant as well as some daylillies. Annuals: still have hollyhock, pentas, zinnias aflower.

Clethra alnifola, hummingbird, ruby spice and Cinnamon bark still flowering (though their just beyond 'peak'). Crepe myrtle 'Zuni Princess' as well.

On deck: asters, goldenrod, turtle head, franklinia altamaha.

In berry: Aronia 'Brilliantissima' & 'Meloncarpa'. All hollies (including pudunculosa and verticillata 'Winter Red' & 'Harvest Gold' are full of berris as well as beautybush along with Ilex 'opaca' and various blue girl/boys.

Hummingbirds are now back (since last week) after a long hiatus of raising this year's young. As the 1/2 dozen or so tithonia begin fully flowering, they should be constant visitors to these plants. Had Song Sparrow family in the garden today along with Caroling Wren.

Paradise Waits...

• bogturtle
    18 years ago

Obedient plant or(Physiostygia?),Kosteletzskya virginica, perennial ageratum or(Euphatorium?),black-eyed Susan'Goldsturm', Trumpet vine or Bignonia (Jersey Peach), Clematis 'Polish Spirit', Lonicera magnifica and 'John Clayton',Clethra 'Sixteen Candles', cut and come again Zinnias, Impatiens, Heavenly Blue morning glories, Mandevilla,Achimenes 'Mexicana Blue'.

Sponsored
Franklin County's Remodeling & Handyman Services