Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
christie_sw_mo

Plants in bloom this week - end of March

christie_sw_mo
16 years ago

The horizon here is still just as grayish brown as it was all winter but at least there are daffodils and hellebores blooming in my yard. I think I need more early bloomers.

At the Mobot website you can see what's in bloom each week and view thumnails. Lots of beautiful photos ---- And I thought there wouldn't be much to see up there yet.

Here is a link that might be useful: Mobot - What's in bloom

Comments (8)

• robiniaquest
    16 years ago

Lots of daffodils, hyacinths, hellebores, and forsythia. A celebration of yellow, mostly. Not many crocuses this year - anyone else notice that? I think the early ones froze this year. Also - Asian plum and nectarine blossoms.

Thanks for the link, Christie. Great photos and info.

• JamesY40
    16 years ago

I have a sky blue low mounding veronica that is in bloom (I wish I remembered its name), hellebores, and daffodils.
    James

• kadasuki
    16 years ago

forsythia, daffies, quince, wild cherry starting, hyacinth, and lots of weeds.
    KK

• missfourseasons
    16 years ago

Great website, Christie! Bookmarked that one...

• posy_pet
    16 years ago

Lots of daffodils,forsythia,hellebores and crocus.Posy Pet

• pauln
    16 years ago

I'm a bit south of most of y'all, so I get a headstart. A few daffodils left, forsythia finished, crocus long gone, stinking pears long gone (I don't have any, of course). Right now in my yard my Viburnum burkwoodii "mohawk" is in full bloom, smells like heaven with cloves, Canescense azalea is just about to pop, wisteris fixin to open up too, starflowers in full bloom (sweet smell unless you crush the garlic leaves), japanese maples opening up, but the sugar maples are waiting to see what happens, vinca minor is blooming like nobody's business as are the moss phlox, evergreen azaleas are showing color, verbenia is showing a little color also, cheddar pinks are putting up flower stalks, parsley is bolting also dang it, first wave of spirea are finished and second wave is coming up quickly, epimedium is showing some really cute yellow flowers, ferns unfurling, still waiting to see if my serviceberry will bloom for the first time, dogwood envy in full bloom as mine are all to small right now, and run-on sentences are in abundant supply.

Happy Spring Everybody!

• missfourseasons
    16 years ago

Very nice report, pauln! I thoroughly enjoyed it!

• gldno1
    16 years ago

I am jotting down plants....I need more spring bloom!

My redbud is just showing some color, spirea prunifolia likewise, daffs, forsythia and crocus.

My lettuce that was planted the day before our last very heavy rains is just coming up very spotty. I think it got washed away.

The yard is still standing water in places. There will be no gardening in the ground here for some time.

Will be planting tomato seeds today.

Sponsored
Foremost Siding & Exterior Design Solutions in Columbus