Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
earthworm73

The Worlds Fastest Growing Jubaea and Other Stuff

earthworm73
11 years ago

Got this little guy back about May this year. And a pic from today. Man has he put on some shoulders in just 8 months. Gotta be the fastest jubaea on the planet.

Okay now I am sure I have your attention. The little guy died for unknown reason (I believe a combo of a few things)less than a month after I got it. I got its big brother this weekend mail order. Hard to tell but its a 5 gallon. Coke can for scale. Here are some palms I've bought over the past month. From l to r J. Chilensis, T. Ukhrulensis, R. Hystrix, and T. Nanus and one Savanna cat who volunteered for scale.

I know they ain't much to look at now - a little rough for the ware and a couple of them are little leggy than I normally like but I think they'll look a lot better by the end of this coming summer. The new emerging leaf of the nanus has some blueish coloration on the back of the frond! I will install the needle in the ground come spring. The jubaea and ukhrulensis will remain in thier pots for at least another year to gain some size. Not sure about the fate of the nanus. Thanks for looking.

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations