Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tammytomato_gw

Updated Image - A strange thing on strawberry plants is now more

tammytomato
11 years ago

Hi, I have had something round on my strawberry plants' stems recently. I don't know what it is and if it's bad or okay or good for the plants. I don't know what to do about this "round thing". Please, tell me what you know about whatever this round thing is on my strawberry plants, because I know it is not strawberries. They are now multiplying, making more of these round things. Sorry I couldn't be more descriptive, but I will try to include a better quality image than I did in a similar post about this strawberry plant "possible problem". The image has my possible problem circled in red with an arrow pointing at it.

Thanks for helping!

Image link:

Comments (8)

• jean001a
    11 years ago

Sorry, larger image but still fuzzy.

Try moving leaves out of the way and cradling the "thing" in your hand that shows what's it's attached to, then take another image.

• jean001a
    11 years ago

Meant to add -- and please post the new images in this thread.

• tammytomato
    Original Author
    11 years ago

"Meant to add -- and please post the new images in this thread"

But how do you do that? It says at the bottom of the page here, "Image uploads are not enabled for followup messages."

Thanks for the help. I'm sorry, but I guess I just have hands that shake too much, so it's hard to get a clear image sometimes. And that picture I took was an image from an HD video I took, and I did have to resize the image copy so I could fit it under 60kb as said on the "Special Notes for Uploading Images". Again, sorry, and even though my regular picture taking camera has a blur reduction feature, I still have some blurry images with that setting on. I'm not sure what to do to make the image less blurry, other than using Photoshop to sharpen it.

If you can see what the round thing on my strawberry plants is, again please help me figure out what it is, and wheather I need to do something about it or not.

My camera is about 10 megapixels, so I guess that's HD, but it still is hard for me to stableize the camera. I have two tripods, but I wish to not go outside in the garden for a while unless I really need to. It's been really rainy off and on here. I also don't want bugs all over my two tripods if I were to go outside on a clear day, so I don't know what to do about the blurry image now.

I did really try to get a close-up of the round thing, so you would hopefully notice it.

What do you think I should do to make the image sharper, and better over-all quality, while keeping it under 60kb?

Again, thanks for your time and help.

• hortster
    11 years ago

An easy way is to open a free account at Photobucket.com. Upload your pictures there. Click on the HTML line (third line beneath your picture in Photobucket when you hold the cursor over your picture) and it should say "copied", then paste here [this gardenweb forum] in the message area - not in a link [You can paste multiple pictures regardless of size and you won't see the picture, but only computer lingo until you click on "Preview Message" below]. You will be able to post pictures on any other forum, too. After pasting your photos here [this gardenweb forum], you should see them when you hit "Preview Message" before you actually post the message.

• tammytomato
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I hope this works! Thanks for the heads up! I didn't know that it worked that way at PhotoBucket in combination with forums.

Anyway, now can anyone see what I'm trying to show you?

I need help and ideas about what this round thing on my strawberry plants is. It seems to have multiplied and gotten onto other strawberry plants in my garden too. Like I have described it: it's a round thing. But to try to be more detailed: it's size seems to have a range of the size of a small blueberry to a nickel or even a quarter. It is lime green-ish in color. It's not moving... yet. It seems to be multiplying. It seems round like a ball. It's not a strawberry, or anything else in my garden that I planted, because I never saw anything like that, nor planted that on my strawberry plants.

How should I go about treating it?
    Is it harmfull to humans and or the plants? Both?
    Do you think it has anything to do with those bubble-like foamy bug eggs that were on my strawberry plants?

If the image HTML code doesn't work, I will try again.
    Thanks!

• calliope
    11 years ago

I think if you carefully follow that 'round thing' down to its roots, you'll find it's part of a weed and not attached to your strawberries at all. I have pulled a couple of weeds out of my strawberry patches with those round bladder-like knobs on them.

• Tiffany, purpleinopp Z8b Opp, AL
    11 years ago

Do strawberries get some kind of gall? I see some Glechoma in the foreground, I think that's what it is. Very possible there IS a 3rd plant, as Calliope mentions.

• Tinkerbel
    11 years ago

Eriophyid mites can cause some pretty weird nodules.