Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
barb13_gw

Happy surprise

barb13_gw
9 years ago

I was outside checking the late ones that are going to bloom and found this. First one for me this year. Barb

Comments (11)

• rcharles_gw (Canada)
    9 years ago

Really nice to find a seed pod. They look much like the Adenium seed pod in that they form looking like a set of horns. I guess they are related.
    Barb, I have started seeds before, but do the seeds have the feathery ends on as the Adenium seeds do?
    Rick

• barb13_gw
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Rick, Here is a picture of some seeds that I started a couple of months ago. I have never seen a Adenium seed pod or seeds so not sure how much a like they are. I did know that it takes about 9 months for a plumeria seedpod to be ready. Barb

• barb13_gw
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Here is a picture with my grandson of the biggest seedpod I ever had. Barb

• rcharles_gw (Canada)
    9 years ago

Oh my. They look like a set of handle bars. Huge. Nine months is a long time.
    I started some seeds quite awhile ago, but ended up lacing them as I was unsure whether I could look after them as they matured in my climate.
    I am always so taken with them and Laura's has posted photo's of theirs and are so stunning.
    Our trip to Hawaii each year always makes me want to restart some.
    Thanks for photo's,
    Rick

• Crenda 10A SW FL
    9 years ago

I found my first ever seed pod today. Need to do some research, but 9 months? Wow. I had no idea.

• moonie_57 (8 NC)
    9 years ago

I had recently said that I would no longer allow seed pods to grow to maturity. Now I've been whining because I don't have a single seed pod anywhere. lol Seems I can't be made happy! :)

• plumejunkie
    9 years ago

You rock Barb!

I've been trying to pollinate my trees for years with no success. I'm envious....lol

Jason

• gidgetsocal
    9 years ago

WOWZA! Now that is a seedpod. I'm bowing down right now! I have never seen anything like that. May I ask which one of your lovely plants is the parent? Just awesome!

• PRO
    the_first_kms2
    9 years ago

Sariah's Curly pink is notorious for producing pods of that size. Part of me hates the pods because it really slows down the following year's bloom. My TMG just opened its second inflo on a 7 tip plant after it had 5 double pods. There is at least one set on TMG already and Pink Pansy has some too.

Also an Unnamed TMG seedling (from Jandy's stock) which bloomed for the first time has pods forming too. Babies having babies. No doubt due to the absentee father.

• barb13_gw
    Original Author
    9 years ago

It has been a few years and can not remember if it was a Plastic pink or a no name pink. Here is a picture of the no name pink. This one seems to have a seedpod most years. I also seem to get a lot of seedpots from the plastic pink one. Barb