Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sutton31

Willis Orchards online

sutton31
12 years ago

In all my years ordering products online, I have never had an experience such as today. On March 29th, I ordered from Willis Orchards a fig tree and a magnolia tree. The magnolia tree was to be shipped in the fall and the fig tree as soon as they had it ready. The confirmation invoice I received from Willis stated that shipping cost would be $17.50 for the total order. On April 4th, I received an email from Willis to inform me of my "options". I could have both items shipped in the fall (which I did not want for the fig tree-hoping to aclimate it during the summer) or I could have them shipped separately and incur another shipping charge, or I could have both sent now but would need to waive replacements in the event the trees died. Of course, they had immediately charged by credit card on the 29th. I called Willis to express my opinion that they had changed the terms of their shipping charges. I was advised to call later and ask for the person who had sent the email, which I did. She advised me that everyone gets charged $17.50 for shipping and then, later on, will get "options" via email!

She dismissed my position that Willis had changed the terms of our agreement as sent to me in the confirmation invoice. She was rude and abrupt and finally asked me if I wanted to cancel my order. I replied that I did and before I could ask if Willis intended to charge me a "restocking fee", she hung up on me. I will wait to see if my credit card is credited. I would never consider doing business with this company again. Totally unacceptable behavior!

Comments (2)