Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jz500

Did I blow it?

jz500
17 years ago

I have a Christopher Marlowe in a container, I overwintered it under the steps outside. However, I brought it in to my basement a couple of weeks ago and now I have alot of new growth on it. If I put this outside now, it will die, we still get frost here.

So.... should I trim back the new growth and put it back outside under the steps? Should I trim it at all? Should I put it out during the day and back in at night? Help! I don't want to lose this baby!!!!

Comments (3)

• jz500
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I'm sorry I am in the wrong forum! I reposted in the other roses forum. thx!

• garystpaul
    17 years ago

Can you bring it in and keep it under lights or in a very bright window for a few weeks until danger of frost is passed?

• jrmankins
    17 years ago

roses, even rose babies, don't mind cold as much as some plants, and need fresh air and sunshine quite a lot. i believe your plant should go outside and stay there except when really bad cold conditions threaten. then back outside as soon as it gets better. i live in the sub-tropics, and you know your cold climate better than i do, but i think we get in more trouble indoors than out, with roses.

Sponsored
Columbus' Home Design Experts Specializing in Custom Cabinets