Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mtny_gw

how much snow is everyone supposed to get tonight

mtny
12 years ago

winter storm warning for us beginning at 6 tonight 2-5 inches....we will just have to wait and see...I'm ready for the snow i think....hmmm on the other hand maybe not ...

Comments (4)

• david52 Zone 6
    12 years ago

Here in SW Colo, it snowed this morning then quit, and now the sun is out and it all melted. Looks like we dodged the bullet, but hard freezes are here.

The only thing, garden-wise, I'm anxious about is roughy a bushel of Russian Red kale I've left out, on the rumor that it tastes a lot better after a frost. So we'll find out if 27F helps out the flavor, or turns it to glop.

• highalttransplant
    12 years ago

Right now it's 38 and we have a mix of snow/rain. They are not forecasting any accumulation even though we have freeze warnings in effect, so I'm guessing the moisture is going to move out before we get below freezing. Of course, that's assuming the forecast is right : )

Spent close to 2 hours picking everything I could out of the garden this afternoon. Now if I can just find enough counter space to actually cook some dinner, LOL!

Bonnie

• polygonum_tinctorium
    12 years ago

Kale should sneer at a mere 27F. It is one of the most cold-hardy vegetables around.

• colokid
    12 years ago

None forecast for NE Co. I hope not cause the trees still have ALL their leaves. Just light drizzle here now in the morning.
    Kenny