Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
zitro_joe

HE (or she) will be here on FRIDAY!!!

zitro_joe
17 years ago

We are scheduled to be induced 4am Friday morning. I guess we need to pick out some names.

Joe

Comments (27)

• pjtexgirl
    17 years ago

Lets see... "stinky lil bugger?"
    Geez, I'm such a comedian. Seriously, congrats DAD(and MOM too)! I expect pictures. I love baby pictures. Babies are totally adorable. I like holding babies even more but I gotta take what I can get. PJ

• jolanaweb
    17 years ago

Congratulattion Joe and Mrs Joe.
    How blessed y'all are.
    I know I'm not close but if you ever plan a getaway (from the kiddos) I'm a great babysitter.
    Jolana is a good name, lol
    My Dad's first name was Joe
    jolana

• mikeandbarb
    17 years ago

OH MAN, You better hurry up with a name for the little darling. For Girl's names, anyone in your family have names you like? Boy's names I had a trouble time naming my son it just happened that one of my friends was pg at the same time and she named her son what I had picked out for mine and then another girl I knew had a son 1 year old and name him the second name I had picked out for a son LOL. So I ended up naming him after his dad for the first name but used the family middle name.
    My cousin's daughter just had a baby girl and her name is Kalyn.
    I've always like Shawn for a boy, that was my first choice for my son.

• Jacquelyn8b
    17 years ago

How exciting! Bet your wife can't wait!
    Names...I still prefer the traditional and "family" names.
    Although, Shelby isn't either and I love it!

We are eagerly awaiting gorgeous baby pictures!

Best of luck to you both,
    Jac

• zitro_joe
    Original Author
    17 years ago

We are having a hard time agreeing on names. I have lived, or visit many countries and names thatare regular or familiar to me are just odd to my wife. A lot of names her in the USA are forms from other languages and cultures. Well, I am just as accustomed to the original forms as the American version.

Ohh well, Erin, my wife, was without a name for five day when she was born.

Joe

• jolanaweb
    17 years ago

Joe, my brother Terry doesn't have a name on his birth certificate. I guess my Mom and Dad had the same problem with him
    I find it interesting that y'all don't know or didn't want to know the sex before birth.
    Most people do now.
    I wouldn't want to. I think it is wonderful that it will be a surprise.
    What does your Mom, aunts think it will be?
    The women in my family were always saying things like "oh, you're carrying low, it will be a boy"
    Had girls, lol
    Then they said" oh, you're all stomach it's a girl" Had a boy, lol

• zitro_joe
    Original Author
    17 years ago

We enjoy the surprise. It is one of the few surprises left in this world. People always ask why we don't find out. They claim that I need to buy things before he/she arive. I tell you what the night Abigail was born, I made sure mommy and baby we safe asleep and I was at the store at mid-night buying everything pink and purple. She did not miss out on anything girlish.

With the first kid, everyone swore up and down- "boy". Every old fashion trick, myth, evaluation pointed to a boy. Since everyone was so sure of it being a boy, I felt it was a girl. Then Abigail Caitlynn was born.

Joe

• jolanaweb
    17 years ago

Exactly, lol
    Joe, that is so sweet to hear you tell of them being sfe in bed and you were at the store buying pink and purple.
    Boy or girl this baby will be very fortunate.
    I can't wait to see pics
    jolana

• carolann_z8
    17 years ago

This is exciting. When I was PG in the seventies I didn't know what my baby would be. It always made it hard to pick out a nursery color. Everyone painted the nursery yellow or green. I went all out and painted mine blue and it ended up being a girl.

I love the name Brodie for a boy.

• little_dani
    17 years ago

Happy for y'all, Joe.

Janie

• maden_theshade
    17 years ago

This is awesome! I know you just can't wait! I'm expecting now too and I can't wait for my next ultrasound for a sneak peek at the little one!

• pjtexgirl
    17 years ago

Maden,congrats!!! How cool.PJ

• mikeandbarb
    17 years ago

I didn't know what I was having back in the 70's either and there was a good part of not knowing, the excitement of what it was but then once it was time to go to the hospital and labor got to the point of making you wish it was over already I had forgot all about thinking if it would be a boy or girl.
    My grandmother's brother told me I was having a boy by placing my wedding ring on a long string and holding it over my tummy, he said if the ring went in a circle it was a boy if it moved back and forth it would be a girl. The ring happened to go in a circle and I did have a boy.

• sally2_gw
    17 years ago

Here's what you do, Joe. Go outside and shout the names you're thinking of real loud, like you're calling him/her home from playing. That'll help you rule out the names that you'd be embarrassed to shout out loud, or that just don't carry well. Also, try not to pick a name that rhymes with Abigail. ... Well, now that I think about it, that shouldn't be too hard. In my family, nearly every name, including the pet's names, ended with "y". Big mistake. Also, my sister and I ended up with the same initials. That drove my mother crazy, but didn't bother me any. Let's see....Can't think of anything else right now. I think you did a good job of naming Abigail, that's a beautiful name.

Sally

• zitro_joe
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Actually the girl name we came up with last night has the same initials.
    Abigail Caitlynn
    Ava Carolynn

Yes, the "lynn" is a family thing.

Joe

• pjtexgirl
    17 years ago

OMG Sally! You're a hoot! It's so true!
    Killian and Ronin rhyme. I had to shorten Ronin's name to Roe. Killian's name doesn't shorten very well. PJ

• sally2_gw
    17 years ago

Good point, PJ.

Sally

• carolann_z8
    17 years ago

Sally, that's good advice.

They also say to picture the name on an adult.

• sally2_gw
    17 years ago

Hey, Joe, it's Friday, and I'm thinking of all y'all!

Sally

• jolanaweb
    17 years ago

Me too!!!!
    jolana

• remuda1
    17 years ago

LOL, Joe's still out shopping for BLUE stuff right now. Ohhhh, how I would have LOVED to have been the OLDER sister, but alas, it wasn't to be. My brother got to be the "boss" when we were little :)

Kristi

• pjtexgirl
    17 years ago

Welllll????? Just because you're having a huge event in your family doesn't mean you can't stop and post pics Mr! PJ

• zitro_joe
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I am back for a short while, loading pictures.....

• jolanaweb
    17 years ago

cool, CONGRATULATIONS what hospital was the baby born in?
    You're still keeping us in suspense?

• zitro_joe
    Original Author
    17 years ago

She was born at Community Hopital. Yes, I am keeping you all in suspense...

• carolann_z8
    17 years ago

Congratulations Joe.

Post some pictures when you can.

• pjtexgirl
    17 years ago

I lost the baby pool. Darn. :^) PJ