Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
skohler_gw

UPDATE: sue's b.c robin sept beth_b_kodiak

skohler
18 years ago

Ok Beth This is your month comming up :)))

Beth has asked for the boxes to arrive to her

after the 10th I believe :))

beth we all have your addy so please just refresh our

memory of what type of plants you might be looking for.

or not looking for :)) any other info you can give will be very helpfull :))

taking this time to list the players left in this

robin .

April - Mellen

May- earthly

June - plantladyjan

July - skohler Hostess

Aug- djm906

Sept - beth_b_kodiak

Oct - free month

Nov - Xmas exchange

Dec - creekmom

Jan - hummingbirddaisy

feb - shelbyraymom

Mar - poochella

just a reminder that when it is your month you will

only recive a box from who you have sent a box to.

happy birthday beth

susie

Comments (25)

• earthlydelights
    18 years ago

so, did tina (hummingbirddaisy) drop out as well?
    is creekmom new or is it a name change? and what happened to october? i thought we had all months except november covered and that was our holiday exchange. am i confused or what?

• beth_b_kodiak
    18 years ago

Hi All... I arrived back safely from my summer in Alaska. I admit I hated to leave and have decided to go back and stay for a while. Guess I'm just not ready to be retired yet.
    I got home at 5:30 and pulled grass in the flower beds until dark. It really felt GOOD. The yard looked amazingly good. The fellows cutting the grass have been doing a fine job.
    I'll be happy to have anything anyone sends. I love daylilies and other perennials but it looks like sunny spots will be getting scarce in the next couple years.
    Send whenever you are ready but sooner is better than later. I'll be leaving here again about the 20th and the gardens are not in near as bad shape as I expected. I had figured it would take a week or two to be ready to plant anything but I'm good to go in a day or two.
    It looks like Tina is the Birthday Gal for Jan and I sure hope she is still IN as I just mailed a package to her. I'm going to try to mail to all the "winter" BD people while I can.
    Are any of theBD Club members down in Miss,Ala or LA??? It sounds really awful down there. Seems frivolus to be thinking about flowers when so many have lost their homes. So Sad.

• skohler
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Beth
    just wanted to give you heads up for your box is on the way . :)) filled to the brim hope you can use it all :))
    best of wishes
    susie

• Poochella
    18 years ago

Sue or Beth, I think I'll need Beth's address for the location that would find her on 9/15. Alaska is mighty beautiful Beth, but you just got home! Sit a spell, and relax LOL!

And Beth, when you mentioned 'fishing' in Alaska way back when, is that on a big huge boat or more like a pleasure craft? What did you catch? I spent a few weeks backpacking in the Yukon way back and will never, ever see anything again so impressive as the massive red salmon filling the brim of tiny, crystal clear creeks way inland. They were huge and teeming- more salmon than creek in some places.

Happy Belated Bday- but you shall not be forgot!
    Pooch

• PlantladyJan
    18 years ago

Hi Beth
    Happy belated birthday!! I have been trying to post to the Circle exchange and can't get it to open!! Please send me the address for prior 9/15. Thanks a bunch! Jan

• hummingbirddaisy
    18 years ago

Sneaking in for a very short moment as not to take away from Beth. I received my beautiful box of plants Beth. Thank you so much. I was so surprised when it arrived! Daylilies upon daylilys filled this box. I have just the place for them. I love everything you sent. Again, thank you so much!
    Enjoy your birthday month!
    I plan to send out your birthday box Sat. or Monday.
    We are getting severe thunderstorms here today. Enjoying the rain, but not the damage it is bringing through the state. Of course nothing like the folks down south. My heart and prayers are with them all, everyday.
    God Bless,
    Tina

• beth_b_kodiak
    18 years ago

Whooee, I recieved a "Sue-per" box in the mail yesterday. Great plants! Red Hot poker, I've been wanting for a couple years and daylillies I'm crazy about so that was a pair of winners. The other one was a real surprise. When I first unwrapped it I thought it was a spider plant with a pink plastic spoon as a marker!!! Anyone guess??? It was a beautiful bromeliad an this morning it has a bright purple flower on the side of thr "pink spoon". I'm going to have my son in law with the greenhouse and the green thumb baby sit that beauty for me.
    There was a set of note pad, spiral book and pencil in there, and some great smelling poupouri that I thought was "something to eat" :q) I believe I'm glad it wasn't because I'm trying hard to still wear my cold weather gear from last year. The biscotti were wonderful and I nibbled them with hot chocolate. (Not that it is COLD but that is what they seemed to go best with) Little bites to make them last longer. I never had one before and they were Yummy. I love sweet crunchies. I have a terminal case of sweet tooth. LOL
    What else? Two adorable little furry mice. I'll enjoy these on the dresser for a while and evenyually give them to my friend Penny for her Kitties.
    Hope I didn't forget anything but I have to say, "Sue, you did a great job there"
    Hugs, Beth

• skohler
    Original Author
    18 years ago

glad you enjoyed it & just to let you know I had never heard you mention pets & I figured because of your travel back & forth to alaska so thought these 2 little critter are small and don't eat much at all.
    the popouri is fresh made I have a friend that is really into them so she comes raids my garden of the flowers and all that she wants or need & them she makes
    up wash tubs full at a time , so yep you guess it I get yrs surplus of it :))) but I don't complain at all for it is the best & I share it will my garden friends .
    well I hope the plants will brighten your garden in the spring . I see you had a trade for house plants going on so I found that bromelaid I thought of you for it was so unique :)))
    happy gardening
    susie

• PlantladyJan
    18 years ago

Greeting to all
    I just wanted to post I sent a box out for Beth yesterday!
    Also note I didn't have an address for Doris but I do now so watch out Doris your box is coming your way!! Sorry for the delayed response.
    Where is everybody?
    I hope all is well with all of you!!
    Sue I do hope your infection in your leg is gone very soon so you can get those plants in the ground!!
    Beth please do tell how you spent your special day!

• Poochella
    18 years ago

where are we?-- I've been trying to find this thread!

Life is busy- this forum is busy! But not too busy for our dear Beth whose box also went out this very afternoon.

Happy Belated, Birthday Gal!

• beth_b_kodiak
    18 years ago

Has anyone heard anything from or about Creekmom? I wanted to get my winter boxes out this month but not sure if she is still with us or not. Sure hope so but please let me know. I thought she was on the MIA list for Carol's swap.

• beth_b_kodiak
    18 years ago

just wanted to post a quick message to Plant Lady Jan and Annie the Pooch. I have recieved two exciting boxes from these gals and will post details later.
    I'm rushing off to get a haircut and something for my SP. I seem to be running late on everything this month. Well, at least I'm still able to run. LOL

• PlantladyJan
    18 years ago

Hi Beth
    Thanks for letting me know the package has arrived!!
    I hope you enjoy your goodies!!
    Jan
    How did the hair cut go?!!

• beth_b_kodiak
    18 years ago

Jan, I appreciate the thought that went into your selections. Seeds for next spring are a great idea and I was wanting to try Black Eye Susan Vine. So, I'll remember that is from you and this swap by Susie K.
    A beautiful big book full of flower pictures. I'll read that over and over on long winter nights and dream of spring. It is possible to buy cut flowers and plants in Fairbanks and I tend to keep something seasonal on my door all the time so I'm sure I will fing things in the book I can adapt and use. Also, going with me will be the potting/planting kit for Carnations.. I'll start that right after Christmas and maybe I'll be able to plant them out in the spring. PArticularly nice because everything is right there and I won't need to be running out to Wal Mart for something I forgot. ( I often forget more than I remember LOL)
    The Hibiscus, I have already planted and watered well. I have two others and I put this one in front of them as I think it as a shorter type. I love those big exotic flowers and look foreward to seeing the first flowers next year. We need rain here very badly and I hate to think of leaving the gardens with no one to water them but I have said for years, in my gardens, a plant either has to get tough or die. I know that hibiscus is tough. Great choice and I do not have one like it.
    Hope I didn't forget anything, but is was a very fun box to open and explore.
    Thanks again for being in the swap and remembering my Birthday. Beth

• PlantladyJan
    18 years ago

Hi Beth,
    I am so glad that you were happy with the birthday box I sent.
    I hope you have a safe trip back to Alaska! Keep us posted on your were abouts!
    Give all the huskies hugs for me!! The dogs not the U of Washington football team! LOL Well maybe what the heck?!! LOL!!
    Take care and enjoy the rest of your birthday month!

• beth_b_kodiak
    18 years ago

I got two packages yesterday. One from Jan and the other, from Poochella. The Pooch really knows where to find my weak spots! My number one, all time love is Chocolate and she sent. LOTS. Peanut butter cups and M&M's and RusselStover miniatures and Baby Ruth Almond Joy.
    As hot as it has been and they were not even melted. It would not have mattered, I would eat it anyway but I was surprised. Stress level has been high enough the past couple weeks that Chocolate is required on a daily basis. The heat and humidity have been terribly oppressive here the past three days. I'm really not getting much of anything done. If it would just rain I'd go out and work in the rain but I can't do much like this.
    Anyway, back to the package. There was some cream called Gardeners Hand lotion. A nice woodsy smell that I like a lot. A beautiful carved angel holding a shovel. I have two similar ones but not this one so she will make a heavenly trio when I get settled and setup the sun room Love this Angel. I have a very special shovel from my Secret Santa at work a couple years ago that is marked "Never Underestimate the Power of a Woman With a Shovel" How true... bet an Angel with a shovel could really do some special things.
    There was a lovely package of floral note cards. Very nice art work on those. Some interesting garden magazines too. LOL
    Pooch's specialty seems to be the "Plant Coupons". What a great idea. Then I don't need to be worrying if it has rained or not after I leave here. Good thinking Annie.
    Annie, I thank you for sending such a great package and I'm looking foreward to your Birthday TOO.
    Again, I hope I didn't miss anything on the list. If so, I apologise and really appreciate you.
    Beth

• earthlydelights
    18 years ago

beth,

i am planning on sending your box this weekend, hopefully tomorrow if all goes well. otherwise, it won't be until monday.

am i reading things correctly -- you are moving? i have the MD address, i will need an update.

sounds like every box you have received thus far is wonderful. am i the last to send to you?

as for creekmom, i never heard of her, or ever saw her post. i think you mean mudmom from carol's swap. she's MIA.

PLMK about the address.

thanks,
    be well everyone
    happy blooms

earthly

• Joyce Knight
    18 years ago

Hi Beth, I am still in the birthday club robin, and just wanted to let you know that your package will go out tomorrow. Sorry for the delay, but my daughter just had a baby 3 weeks ago and he had to have surgery last week-end. Everything is going well for us now and hopefully things will get back to normal. By the way,I wasn't the MIA in Carol's swap. This is the only swap that I am in right now. Hope you had a wonderful birthday. Joyce

• beth_b_kodiak
    18 years ago

Hi Earthly and Joyce, thanks so much for posting. Yhe MD address is correct. I'm going to be gone, but the garden is staying here. I'm going to Fairbanks to work for the winter, I love it there and decided to go back again.I'll be renting a room fron another ER nurse, Taking house plants,but the garden will be waiting for me when I get back
    Joyce, glad to hear that the baby is doing well and that you are not MIA.LOL Guess Maryanne is correct and that is Mud Mom Sorry I can;t blame that slip on my age. Even when my kids were small, I'd call them by each other's names and then say, Whoever. In my family, as a kid I heard the list, Anna,Olive,Ivy, Elizabeth, Whoever you are!!! Guess it's hereditary.
    Have a beautiful weekend.

• djm906
    18 years ago

I am planning on getting your box out Monday. Sorry it took me so long to get organized! Doris

• djm906
    18 years ago

Your box is in the mail. Hopefully you will get it Weds.!

• skohler
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Hi Beth
    sorry Haven't been in to check on everyone & see how your month is going, very busy around here these pass few weeks trying to get ready for the winter :((
    I hope it has been fun for you . I hope you get all your boxes before going back to alaska . just when will you be going back any idea yet ??

susie

• beth_b_kodiak
    18 years ago

Hi Everyone, Sue, I'm leaving tomorrow noon so hopefully anything that has already been mailed will arrive tomorrow.
    The box from Doris arrived today, a nice big box full of goodies. Several house plants that I potted and will leave with my son in law for the winter. Interesting that the Moses in a boat is quite different in color than the one I got from Carly. It will be fun to watch the two of them grow.
    The lamium is super because mine seems to have sucumbed to the drought this summer. I had three kinds and and I really liked it, but when I got back there were none left alive. I've planted and wantered and will keep my fingers crossed. The hardy geraniums are new to me and I'll enjoy learning about them too.
    Then she sent tea, that will go on the trip, as will the Christmas ornaments and the Nora Roberts books. I have not read either of them. Thanks a bunch There wwere several other goodies in the box but I have packed them away and now can't think what they were. Major brain drain right now.
    Thanks doris for your kind and thoughtful package. It has been fun to get so many packages for my birthday. Makes me feel like a kid again.

• earthlydelights
    18 years ago

i sure hope beth did in fact receive my box, there has been no posting. i know it got forwarded to her new address,based on the confirmation number, but i never heard from her.

beth...yoo hoo....you out there?

sue, do you remember if liz (rewards) was october originally? i owe her if she was.

• beth_b_kodiak
    18 years ago

I owe thanks here to both Creek Mom and to Earthly. Also, I think I mailed back to Creek Mom the day I left MD. Did it arrive??? I was scurrying around trying to find places to tuck in the outdoor plants that Creek Mom sent. I know there has been rain back there recently so I can only hope they survived until then.
    The Coleus cutting is here with me and doing fine. It is really pretty and a different color combo tha any I have had. The suculent did not survive the trip. Boo Hoo, can't figure out why either?? It was right beside the other stuff that did fine.
    I love the cream color candle holder and look foreward to using that when I get back. That is so beautiful and will have a special place in my new sun room when I get moved into the new house.
    Maryanne, your package did indeed track me down and catch up with me. The spring bulbs were a really good idea as they could travel longer than stuff that is already growing.
    The chocolate was yummy and a type that don't remember seeing before. Sorta like reeses cups but a darker chocolate. Mmmmmmgood.
    The real prize in the box was a garden sign that declares "you're never too old to garden" I agree wholeheartedly and that will get a front and center position in the herb garden.
    Many thanks to all of you for making my birthady so special and lasting so long. September 2005 has been a memorable month. The cross country trip was wonderful. The best one I have had yet and a great time to "visit" with my daughter and other friends (including, #1Angel) along the way.
    Life is an adventure!!!! Enjoy.