Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print

Comments (77)

• canyonwind
    last month

Posted this yesterday but it has disappeared....

Amy, if there is anything you are looking for, let me know. If I have, I will send it with the Robin.

And Ruth, if you think of anything you want/need and I have, let me know and I will simply mail it to you.

Thanks in advance for the Castor Beans!!

Happy Thursday!!

amybabyboy3 thanked canyonwind
  • amybabyboy3
    Original Author
    last month

Annie,

I am not really looking for anything in particular. I will be happy just doing our exchange. Thank you for asking.

• amybabyboy3
    Original Author
    last month

What’s growing this month in your neck of the woods? Please feel free to post pictures of your flowers, herbs, seedlings, trees, vegetables whatever it may be growing this month

• ruthz
    last month

We needed rain and we've had rain ALL DAY.

I planted some pepper and basil seeds and some of them are poking a little green thru the soil now.

Not much blooming here yet. Daffodils, summer snowflakes, violets, pear and peach trees are all blooming.

amybabyboy3 thanked ruthz
  • canyonwind
    last month

I will post some pics later today or tomorrow.....

Amy, forgot to ask....do you only want seeds for years 2022 and 2023?

• sandlapper_rose
    last month
    last modified: last month

Thanks for posting pictures, Ruth! I especially love daffodils and those are beautiful. Posting two pictures from here to begin with, showing my porch and indoor growing areas. I've had very little luck with seed starting in jugs on the porch in past years, but I'm trying once again.

The Aerogarden has worked out great. I just planted the large segmented tray with the clear dome (24 types of seeds) so we'll see how it does. Those blue and red grow lights are also new so we'll also see how they work out.

amybabyboy3 thanked sandlapper_rose
  • amybabyboy3
    Original Author
    last month

Annie, should have said 2022-24 seeds. It’s hard for me to believe it’s 2024 I guess. Great pictures! I will post some tomorrow. Those daffodils are beautiful Ruth! Jeanne, I love the camellia!

• bluee19
    last month

Jeanne ~ the aerogarden does wonders. I have grown a variety of coleus and its so cool. Although transplanting them, I have had a few problems where they wilt outside.

right now, I am waiting for the california poppies to bloom. I sowed the seeds in November so they should be blooming in April.

TGIF everyone and have a great weekend ahead!!

amybabyboy3 thanked bluee19
  • amybabyboy3
    Original Author
    last month

We moved to a small yard from having 3 acres but Im trying to grow a small food forest in my backyard

• canyonwind
    last month

Happy Saturday.....

Some of the succulents flowering.....LOVE!!

Jasmine....smells especially wonderful after the rain

I don't know why love peacock orchids so much!! Could it be because I don't have to do a darn thing to them.

• canyonwind
    last month

And some Southern CA Saturday Morning TRUTH for you all. ...haha!!

• amybabyboy3
    Original Author
    last month

Omg Annie! I love your sign! That is hysterical I love your succulents and jasmine! How pretty!!!

• amybabyboy3
    Original Author
    last month

Lets see some bird pictures! What do you see in your yard?

• amybabyboy3
    Original Author
    last month

I caught one bird and one butterfly picture today

• sandlapper_rose
    last month

We had rain all day yesterday and it's cool and windy today so I think all the birds are hiding out in their favorite places. If I see some "settled" for awhile somewhere this week, I'll try to take a picture. About 2 weeks ago there were so many around.

Meanwhile, I have more and more seeds sprouting. It's supposed to drop down to almost freezing tonight and I have the winter sowing jugs covered, but I may decide to bring them in for the night. We'll see. Just don't know where I would put them without tracking in a lot of dirt.

Hope others remembered the time change ... I almost didn't. I still don't know how to change the time on my stove and microwave so it's an hour earlier in my kitchen!

• amybabyboy3
    Original Author
    last month

Jeanne, I hope your plants are safe from the cold and it warms up quickly.

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

Melinda, I pray that your surgery goes really well tomorrow and that you heal very quickly!

• ruthz
    last month

Amy, I checked the tracking information today and this is what I get.

Pre-Shipment

Shipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting Item

NAPLES, FL 34110

March 7, 2024, 5:55 am

Is this correct?

I haven't seen any photo worthy birds in our yard recently. I'll keep watch for some.

Love your garden. what are the trees on either side of the fence in photo # 2

Loving all the other pictures as well.

• amybabyboy3
    Original Author
    last month

Ruth, That is so weird. I took it to the postoffice 4 days ago. It was 5 pm so I put it in the priority slot. I will track it in the morning. I might have to check with the post office.Im so sorry I dont know what happened.

• amybabyboy3
    Original Author
    last month

I just filed a missing mail claim and put both of our addresses on it. I do not understand how they could lose something I took inside to mail. I am going to see if my husband can go there and check with them tomorrow morning.

• amybabyboy3
    Original Author
    last month

Ruth, Did you mean what are the plants in the picture with the bird feeder? The left is a orange geiger tree that I grew from seeds I had found. The other plant is a garlic vine. All parts are edible and it smells and tastes like garlic.

• ruthz
    last month

The picture with the yellow bird house. I think the small tree on the right is a papaya tree. The other one is on the other side of the fence and probably belongs to your neighbor. Interesting round leaves on it.

• canyonwind
    last month

RE: shipping...I have had the above happen often.... 4 days later it is still sitting in nowhere land....and then it just shows up. Yes, it may be lost but it may show up in the next few days.

Happy Tuesday...birds are not showing up to my fort ....hhhmmmm!

• amybabyboy3
    Original Author
    last month

Ruth, The neighbors tree is a very old and huge seagrape tree. It is beautiful!

• amybabyboy3
    Original Author
    last month

Ruth, My husband went to the post office today and all they could tell him was that it probably wasn’t scanned. They did not offer any solution but said that you may still recirve the package. I guess we will know soon. For now I guess we will have to wait and see.

Does anyone have some pet pictures to share?

• bluee19
    last month

from my experience with tracking, many times, they forget to scan the label, then after so many days or such, it appears and gets delivered.

• amybabyboy3
    Original Author
    last month

Ruth, The robin is back on the radar and should be arriving to you today.….

• ruthz
    last month

Just opened the seeds. I'm so excited at the awesome selection. I'm about to go thru them now. And it's perfect timing as I planned to work in the yard this afternoon.

• canyonwind
    last month

So happy Miss Robin showed up at Ruth's. Ruth have fun going through the seed package!!

Happy Eve!!

• ruthz
    last month

Good morning y'all

Update on the Robin.

I took out six packs and put in 8 packs (no duplicates).

Plus, I found some Impala castor beans seeds at a local nursery and stuck those in for Annie. I took out three seeds to try. I used to grow New Zealand Purple but my saved seeds from those haven't come up in years. I hope one of y'all like larkspur. I put in a couple different ones. I used to grow Misty Lavender/Earl Grey and loved it. I've had a hard time finding the seeds the past few years. Ordered some from Select seeds but it didn't do well or look good. Finally got some from Johnny's seeds last year. Hope they are the real deal.

I'm hoping to get this to the post office today, but.... We've got storm issues today and I'm baking two kinds of cookies for the Euless Garden Club meeting in the morning. I'm hosting this month's meeting on herbs. I'm taking pots of two kinds of basil, garlic chives and yarrow. Plus garlic bulb plants and rooted lemongrass. These will be door prizes. Wish me luck. My first time doing this.

The meeting doesn't usually involve cookies or door prizes, so that should be a plus. We did have Starbucks coffee once and door prizes another time.

Later

• bluee19
    last month

Ruth ~ Baker Ruth, what type of cookies did you make? Also, good luck with growing lavender. Hope you can let us know how it goes. I haven't had any success in growing lavender from seed or from cuttings.

TGIF everyone!!

• ruthz
    last month

Nicole, I made oatmeal raisin a few days ago. Today I'm making peanut butter cookies and chocolate chip cookies. I have the batter chilling in the fridge for a couple of hours before baking.

I also baked some garlic chive cheese drop biscuits for lunch. Hubby loves them.

I haven't been successful in growing lavender either. It lived a year or two but no flowers. And that was from bought plants.

The seed I'm sending is Misty Lavender larkspur. Used to be called Earl Grey larkspur. It's a lavender grey color with mostly double flowers. I love larkspur. It's beautiful, makes a good cut flower and usually reseeds like crazy.

• canyonwind
    last month

Ruth, RE: Impala Castor Beans...thank you for buying and including them in the MIss Robin package.

My USPS tells me you have sent MIss Robin and I should receive on Monday!! I have the DC # so there is no need for you to post.

Happy weekend to all!!

• amybabyboy3
    Original Author
    last month

How are you all doing this weekend? We went to a really cool plant festival and picked up a few goodies. Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

• sandlapper_rose
    last month

Stopped in to say hello. Higher temperatures here the past few days and my seeds I planted are popping up like crazy. Will be lots potting up into containers soon. My younger daughter and I went to my guild's quilt show yesterday so it was nice to see her and the quilts. If I don't get back online before then, Happy Easter to everyone!

(Ruth I know everyone loved your presentation and all the "goodies". I managed to bring my lavender verbena through the winter. So happy about that. It, along with other potted plants, were being carried in from the screened porch and back out again day after day for many months. They all made it but lots of work!)

• ruthz
    last month

The meeting was a success. Everyone loved the cookies, door prizes, short video and 4 page handout on herbs with discussion on them. We had a total of twenty people there. That's more than usual. We have 400 members, but usually only about 10 to 15 show up at the meetings.

It's raining really hard here today but I had and still have errands to do. I'm sure it will be good for all the plants.

Our April meeting will actually be our spring plant swap.

• amybabyboy3
    Original Author
    last month

Jeanne, Glad your seeds are doing so well. Sounds like a fun time with your daughter! I love quilts

Ruth, So happy your meeting went well. You were a great hostess and Im sure they all love it.

Enjoy your evening! amy

• canyonwind
    last month

I am out of town for a few days. I do know that MIss Robin arrived at my house yesterday. My friend is bringing my mail in while I am gone, so I know it arrived and it is safe. I should be home Wednesday afternoon or evening. I will go through the Miss Robin envelope on Thursday and get Miss Robin on the road to Amy on Friday.

Happy Tuesday!!

• amybabyboy3
    Original Author
    last month

Happy Wednesday!

Calabash tree that I saw this weekend. So cool! They make bowls out of the fruit!

• canyonwind
    last month

OK, I am home....I walked in the door a couple of hours ago. I did open Miss Robin up....some very cool seeds. A Q....There are three non seed items???? Am I to do anything with them....take and replace with new items??? Let me know!!

I will put MIss Robin together tomorrow and mail on Friday.

A Calabash Tree??? I have not heard of this. I just read about it. Unfortunatly, I can not grow in my neck of the woods. Amy, you have them close to your home??

Tata....

• amybabyboy3
    Original Author
    last month

Annie, I put a few goodies in for you and Ruth since I didnt do a game this month. Please keep them. Sorry I thought I put a note inside.

Annie, The tree was at a place called Echo Global farm in Ft Myers, Fl. It is about 45 or so minutes from us. We went to a festival there and they had some very cool things growing and learning centers. I learned if you dont have fresh water to drink but have a body of water like a lake or pond, grow a moringa tree. They grow easily from seed. You can take one liter of pond water, crush one moringa seed and put it the one liter container preferably a glass jar. Let it sit for 2 hours and after 2 hours it will look so much cleaner. The final step is to set the container in the sun for at least 6 hours and the remaining bacteria will die and you can drink it. It was amazing and something to remember for an emergency.

• canyonwind
    last month

Amy, you did put a note but I was not sure as there was no name on the three items. There is ribbon and two stickers Thank you Amy!!

Moringa....very interesting info Amy!! Moringa grows in the desert out here...very cool tree!

• canyonwind
    last month

Amy, Miss Robin is ready to fly to you tomorrow (Fri).

DC # 9400 1036 9930 0058 7786 29

I took out 17 and replaced with 23...I think!! Haha!! I am trying to remember what I did a few hours ago,

I split the pkg. of Castor Bean Impala (from Ruth) with you. I thought you might want to give it a try!!

Thanks again!!

• amybabyboy3
    Original Author
    last month

Annie and Ruth, I hope you found some fun seeds! I am glad that you both joined this month. Thank you for sharing and sending the Robin home!

• sandlapper_rose
    last month

Dropped in to wish everyone a Happy Easter! I know I'm early but having company this next week so I'm not sure when I will get online again. (Silly me - I posted the Happy St. Patrick's Day wish on the February heading. Oh, well, hope you had a good one.)

I'm enjoying my seedlings as they come up and the spring flowers on the outdoor plants, trees and shrubs. Those gorgeous red camellia blossoms did not last very long which was a disappointment. Once they were in full bloom, they seemed to drop off within about 2 days. Wonder if it was the weather?

• amybabyboy3
    Original Author
    last month

Then ronin has landed! Annie and Ruth, Thank you both for all the amazing seeds and extra treats! It was a small but fun group! Thank you again for joining and making this month’s swap fun!

Happy Easter everyone! This swap is complete and April is right around the corner!

• ruthz
    last month

Thank you Amy. I enjoyed the swap. I have all my seeds planted that I took out except one type of beans. I've been trying to plant a lot seeds, but also been busy with other stuff and not much time to work in the yard. This past weekend we went to a memorial service for a good friend. The wildflowers in the Texas Hill country were beautiful. Today I'm hoping to get some touch up painting done.

• canyonwind
    last month

Amy, Miss Robin arrived to you 2 days early....great! Lovely playing with you and Ruth!!

I am hosting APRIL FOTESS. For sure it will be easy does it. I will probably post it on April 1 or 2. If no one signs up or very few sign up, I will cancel it.

Happy Easter to all....be safe....be happy!!

Thanks again Amy!!

• sandlapper_rose
    27 days ago
    last modified: 27 days ago

Happy Easter! This is my second year making a butter lamb for Easter. Until about 2 years ago I had never even seen one in person so I found instructions online on how to make them, Here is the 2024 version. Really is a fun thing to make for the Easter table.

Also maybe I mentioned this before. It's likely either a Thanksgiving or an Easter cactus. It belonged to my mother-in-law who passed away in 2015. It had never shown any promise since I took it and was worried it was going to die so I took cuttings from it just "in case". As it turns out it bloomed beautifully in the fall and here is is again blooming for Easter. It's an usual red-orange color and so pretty.

• amybabyboy3
    Original Author
    27 days ago

Jeanne, I have never heard of a butter lamb. You did a really good job, so cute! The cactus is beautiful!

Hope you all had a wonderful Easter!

Margo, I hope you are feeling well and having a quick recovery.