Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
godsgarden9

NEW: Its time again-fall spectacular Seed Swap-2005

godsgarden9
18 years ago

This is the first of the fall seed swaps.. It will give you an opportunity to get extra and new seeds, many new and unusual varieties, and the best thing is you send in whatever variety you would like... so here are the rules:

1)You can send as many packets of seed you would like up to 100 packets but no more than 2 packets of the same variety.... this will keep the mix great....

2)You can list the favorite category if you would like or you will get a supreme mix... annuals, perennials, ornamental grasses, fruits, veggetables, supreme mix..etc.

3)Everyone will receive extra packets of seed... for ten packets- you will receive 2 extras, and for every ten, an additional packet will be added for a total of 11 free packets on 100 sent in.

4)You have plenty of time to get your seeds in.. the date the seeds are due is October 31st-All Saints Day... if you want to send them in earlier you can and want them sooner.. please indicate that, and I will try to send those ones out earlier..

5) This is for you... a great opportunity for you to get new seeds...so enjoy, and have a great harvest

6)Please include enough return postage in the bubble wrap envelopes for me to return your seeds back to you... if you want to include a self address mailing sticker, that will be helpful, but not neccesary..

7) Seed count is appproximent- Giant seeds-10 minimum, larger seeds. 15 minimum, medium seeds-25 minimum, small seeds, 75 minimum, and tiny seeds, 200 minimum- use your own judgement....looking forward to sending out many new seeds to you all this year...join the fun today...

Comments (110)

• Valiche
    18 years ago

Glad to hear you're okay, Willy. God Bless.

• seattlesuze
    18 years ago

Willy, glad to hear you made it through the storm. Please include me in the swap.

Sue

• TakingRoot
    18 years ago

I would love to play....hope it's not too, late to join in on the fun.

Glad to know you are getting back to 'normal'

Many blessings to you!

• luv_hollyhocks
    18 years ago

Hi Willy, I have seeds ready..Can u send me your alternate address..Thanks!

Luv_hollyhocks

• grandmastoy
    18 years ago

i too would like to join is the swap. is there still time
    where do i send the seeds? grandmastoy@mobil1.net thanks gramma

• redhotflowermama
    18 years ago

Willie would love to join in. Dont know where I put your address so need to have you send it again. Good to get your updates and know that you are ok. Judy

• lindamarie
    18 years ago

I would love to see 100 new varieties for this season!

I am sure I can send 100 different varieties for you

So glad you are ok!

Thanks!

Here is a link that might be useful: Exchange page

• lashawn87
    18 years ago

YES I want to join!!!
    I'm going to try two seed swaps
    this fall and I'm SOOOOOO excited
    to do this :)
    Thanks!!

• rheene
    18 years ago

pls count me in!

• atravers
    18 years ago

Hi.

Would like to join in too. Have a few special varieties to offer.

Please let me know.
    Thank you.

• amybabyboy3
    18 years ago

Hi Willy,
    I'm glad to hear you are safe after such a bad storm. I would like join in on the swap. Thank you, Amy

• Tony_Bell
    18 years ago

I just wanted to let you know I am still drying some seeds, will let you know when they are on the way.. thank you so much for doing this...Tony.

• PettyLaPew
    18 years ago

Mewbie here that would like to participate in fall spectacular!

"Freebie Startup Package"

• vegangurl20
    18 years ago

I would love to join in, please send me info! Thanks so much, sounds like a lot of fun!! ....vegangurl20

• vegangurl20
    18 years ago

I've got my big bubble envie of 40 packets of seeds all ready to go, just waiting on an addy, then they will go out in the mail tomorrow!! I'm so excited, hehe! :)

• jocpinct
    18 years ago

I already posted once, but cannot find your email for anything! This doesn't happen with anyone else, but for some reason yours get misfiled.... Please send the info again, I appreciate it.

Thanks for organizing this!

Jenny

• cheerpeople
    18 years ago

I would like to join the swap. PLease send me an addy
    thanks for organizing this. I'll have to pak up my seeds now!
    Karen

• poorgirl5
    18 years ago

My seeds are ready to also, I just need the addy to send them to.

Thanks,
    Anna

• vegangurl20
    18 years ago

Haven't heard from you yet godsgarden, I sure hope that you are doing okay! Will send my seeds out to you as soon as I get an addy. God bless, hope you are alright!

• lace
    18 years ago

Does anyone know if this seed swap is still a go or is it off? I havent heard a word. If its off then I can join another swap.....thank you

• rocky44
    18 years ago

I would love to join in the fun. thanks so much for doing this.

• vegangurl20
    18 years ago

I sure don't know, lace. I wish I knew. I hope godsgarden is okay.

• cheerpeople
    18 years ago

I haven't heard a word in the last 6 days.

Hope you are ok
    Karen

• jocpinct
    18 years ago

I did hear back from Willy via email yesterday (about the Freebie Seed Package), and she mentioned it was her first day back after the hurricane. She's probably just trying to get caught up on her emails.

Getting my seeds ready to send!

Jenny

• RebeccaMN
    18 years ago

I would love to be part of this. Please let me know what I need to do - I'm a newbie!

• mysticmoon
    18 years ago

I have all mine ready a total of 50. I hope this has not gotten to huge to handle yourself. Let us know if you want to shift half to someone else to work with.
    Will wait for a addy
    Thanks
    Toni

• shimla
    18 years ago

I have my package ready to go! I'm sending in 100 for trade and an additional 40 to help you with the Katrina victims. Please drop me your address and I'll get them on the way to you! Thanks for all your time doing this for everyone! I can't imagine what your kitchen table looks like :)

Ohhh, and I'd really love some shade things - hope you got some trades in for shade lovers!

• skyblueskies
    18 years ago

I would like to participate. How did your gardens fare the hurricanes?

Libby
    Baton Rouge

• aggieinid
    18 years ago

Getting my package ready to send. Need an address and I'll send it out this week.
    Thanks!
    aggieinid

• cheerpeople
    18 years ago

Willy,
    I'm gonna pass on this. Just wanted you to know.
    THX tho!:)
    Karen

• vegangurl20
    18 years ago

Hi There Willy,

I'm afraid I'm gonna withdraw, too. I am now in a few other swaps, and am going to have to drop out of your swap.

I hope things are going well for you and that God is blessing you and your ministry! Sorry to have to quit.

• mysticmoon
    18 years ago

Mailed Mine 10-14-05 It should be there now I hope it is.

• romando
    18 years ago

Wanted to check in... I mailed mine some time ago. Please let me know if you got it! There were 60 or 70 packets...
    Amanda 'romando'

• aaaccc
    18 years ago

Willy,
    I'm going to have to withdraw also.
    Alice

• godsgarden9
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Just to let everyone know. We are right on schedule to get seed packages out for the swap. If you havent received the address by now. I just sent an update, please dont post here, just send me a email directly-godsgarden9@yahoo.com. It is great. If you are running late or want to enter still, you have plenty of seeds. Even though the due date is the 31st, I will honor any seed packets that come in after then so take your time. I should beginning to send out the packages about that time so yes, many of you will receive your new seeds before too long. Bless you all and thank you for your patience and support during the recovery post Katrina. Willy-godsgarden9.

• jocpinct
    18 years ago

Willy,

Sending my seeds today. I just realized I referred to you in my earlier post as "she" - SORRY!!! LOL. Looking forward to seeing what surprises I may get.

Thanks for coordinating this swap.

Jenny

• dem_pa
    18 years ago

I would like to join. Please send me your address.

dem_pa

• lace
    18 years ago

my seeds went out last week and should be arriving soon. Thank you.

• wishdesign
    18 years ago

Hi would love to join this swap. Please email me the address and I'll ship the seeds out right away!

Thanks,
    --Jean

• lilylouise
    18 years ago

My seeds went out today!!!
    Happy Halloween!!!!!

• shimla
    18 years ago

Willy - My package came today!!! Thanks so much for the seeds. It was fun looking everything up. Can't wait to start winter sowing in a couple of months :) Shimla

• lace
    18 years ago

My package of seeds came a couple of days ago. What fun I have been having looking some of them up. I know I am going to have a beautiful yard next year. Thank you so much. This was lots of fun......God Bless and thanks again.

• jocpinct
    18 years ago

My package came today, yay! Thank you so much to everyone for contributing and to Willy for organizing this swap.

Jenny

• amybabyboy3
    18 years ago

Thank you for all the great seeds to Willy and everyone else. Amy

• sculptress
    18 years ago

The seeds are here! Thank you for hosting the swap, Willy.
    ------------July

• mysticmoon
    18 years ago

Thank you everyone for the great seeds I have had fun looking so many of them up on the internet.
    Thanks Willy for putting this together.

Toni

• dem_pa
    18 years ago

I received my seeds yesterday. Thanks for the great variety of seeds.

dem_pa

• romando
    18 years ago

Hi Willy & everybody!
    I got my package yesterday! Thank you sooooooooo much for all the awesome seeds! I can't imagine how much work this must have been! Happy gardening everybody!
    Amanda 'romando'

• luv_hollyhocks
    18 years ago

Hi Willy,Just letting you know i have receive my seeds on Monday.Thank you for hosting this swap..You did a great job on organizing the seeds as always..

Luv_hollyhocks

• dianacazadora
    18 years ago

I would like to thank you from my heart to Willy and to everyone who participated in this round robin... It's been a pleasure to received the package and learn about the different seeds...
    Willy... you are really a great person... and ohmygosh I can't even imagine how much work it is to do this... God Bless you!
    Diana