It is soooooo hot...

plantmaven
12 years ago

This squirrel is skinny dippin'!

{{gwi:699701}}

Comments (24)

• melvalena
    12 years ago

Its so hot I wish I could join the squirrel!

Melvalena

• User
    12 years ago

I live outside of Austin and yes, it is hot. The last two evenings a young rabbit has been in the back yard in the shade, laying on it's side just resting. It is so cute, but I cannot get a photo. The grass around it is a sick brown color and it is brown, so no contrast for a photo.

Love your photo.

• bedford8a
    12 years ago

My squirrels are doing the same thing on the ground in our backyard! I was checking the sprinkler heads and running them a bit yesterday, so the ground was cool and damp. They also like to hang out on a cool brick ledge that never gets any sun. Poor critters!

• LMoon310
    12 years ago

That is too cute, the squirrels are scared to come in my garden because I always take my cat with me. I do have this little black lizzard that likes to drink water out of the plant saucers.

• granburyflowergirl
    12 years ago

Haha, I have a poolside lounger too! I have never seen anything like this before!

• bossjim1
    12 years ago

This is not my picture, but was posted in the Houston Chronicle garden section a while back.

• plantmaven
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Jim, How cute!

• pjtexgirl
    12 years ago

LOL! These are so funny! They look like I feel.

• texasredhead
    12 years ago

There are basically four seasons in the summer in Texas. They are Hot, Real Hot, Most Hot, and My-Gawd-the Heat. We are presently in the first season, Hot.

• melvalena
    12 years ago

Seems cooler to me today, but much more windy.
    I've spent the last 2 afternoons outside, today's outside visits seem much cooler.

• ogrose_tx
    12 years ago

Yes, it does seem cooler than over the weekend. Pleeese rain this week, even just a little bit!!

• forgetmenot_tx
    12 years ago

Too Cute! I have a little fountain (not working) that I keep full of water for the birds and it's been turned over the last two mornings. I think something big is trying to drink out of it. I moved it over to the bird bath and we'll see what happens.

• honeybunny2 Fox
    12 years ago

We went to the coast this past weekend. We had the sprinkler going, the birds were just going in and out. It was so cute just watching them. Even hummingbirds were in on the action. Barbra

• greybird
    12 years ago

Texasredhead, here in Vernon, we had been in My-Gawd-the Heat for at least couple of weeks now, day 19 of 100 degree weather. 114 last Friday, and love those perpetual winds!!

Or maybe that 4th season is still to come, and I ain't seen nothing yet. After all, this is just June. That's what scares me...

• linda_tx8
    12 years ago

That's what scares me also. This is ONLY June. OMG, not another repeat of the infamous summer of 2009...no, no, no!

• melvalena
    12 years ago

or that summer back in 1980!!!

• cynthianovak
    12 years ago

Nature is coming in for a drink

Had an oscillating sprinkler on Sat. night. It passed back and forth over the bird bath. I caught a screech owl sitting in the middle of the basin taking a shower. He let me watch for a while.

Pulled in at about 8pm Friday night and found a coopers hawk sitting on the edge of the fountain. Guess he was how, or thirsty or waiting for someone else to get a drink.

Sister in law lives in country in log home. They found 2 rat snakes (I never heard that term)....in their bedroom! Yikes!

• roselee z8b S.W. Texas
    12 years ago

Food for wildlife is so sparse the deer are eating canna lilies, and other things they never touched before, and the squirrels think they have a prize if they find green pecans.

• TxMarti
    12 years ago

It's so hot the mockingbirds are pecking my green tomatoes because I pick the others the minute I see orange on them.

• texasredhead
    12 years ago

Greybird, Have a dear friend from Vernon. Called her the other day when it was 114 in Vernon.

• greybird
    12 years ago

Texasredhead, it is pretty bad here when the heat gets around 105-110 every day + those south winds. Had a cool spell of 97 with north breeze Tuesday, felt heavenly.

We're gonna break some records this year.

• charleslou23
    12 years ago

"Had a cool spell of 97 "????

now that's funny....

• greybird
    12 years ago

This just seems to be the thing to do these days...baby, it's hot outside!!!

• granburyflowergirl
    12 years ago

okay, greybird, hands down you win with that pic! lol I feel sorry for the little buggers with their fur coats in this heat.

Roselee, love the green nut prize pic too! Too funny