Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
shaz_2009

Help to identify jug and sugar bowl please?

shaz_2009
15 years ago

Hi I was wondering if someone could help me identify a milk jug and sugar bowl that I have had for ages. I have tried to track its history on the net without much success. I think its Swinnertons but thats all i can gather. It seems pretty old. Its white, with blue marks on it. I have posted pictures so I hope you can see them.

Any help or hints are appreciated.

Here is a link that might be useful: Pictures of Jug

Comments (6)

• lindac
    15 years ago

I can't read the backstamp....which would tell a lot.
    The pattern is very familiar, but I can't put a name on it.
    Can you take a clearer picture of the markings on the bottom?
    Linda C

• groomingal
    15 years ago

shaz2009- it looks like the bottom says Hampton Ivory and it looks very similar to the Kent pattern in blue. I enclosed a link that gives a little history about the manufacturing company.

You can also go to a site http://replacements.com and search for the pattern. They also have other pieces you can order.

It may not be the right pattern it was hard to tell by the two pictures but you might be able to tell more accurately since you have the piece. If it is not the correct piece there are a few other blue themed pieces- just put it in the search under Swinnertons blue.

Hope this helps!

Here is a link that might be useful: swinnertons and hampton history

• shaz_2009
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hi, it does say Hampton Ivory on it, and I looked up the Swinnertons link and the mark was there.

It says Historic Castles around the mark on the bottom, and haven't seen the pattern it is on replacements.

I will get some batteries and take a better photo.
    Thanks for looking at this.

• shaz_2009
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I have taken a (hopefully) clearer picture of the mark on the bottom and a picture of the sugar bowl.

thanks for looking.

Here is a link that might be useful: Sugar Bowl and Jug

• lindac
    15 years ago

I have looked everywhere I know to find that mark....and I can't.
    But....there is something my memory about that pattern, I remember seeing it in gift shops and at household auctions when I first started buying "stuff".
    I think It was made about 1950 or later, and that there wasn't a set of dishes in that pattern, but I seem to remember a pitcher and wash basin with that pattern and I think what you have is a mineature wash bowl and pitcher.
    One of the things that makes me think it's so new is that it's "flow blue" colors....but the blue doesn't flow.
    sorry....doesn't help much beecause it's just sort of memory and hunch....but that's the best I can do for now.
    Linda c

• Ideefixe
    15 years ago

There's plenty of Swinnerton's on eBay UK--you could try contacting one of the sellers for more info.

Here is a link that might be useful: Swinnerton's