Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bowlman_gw

seth thomas clock values

bowlman
13 years ago

Anyone have an idea of a asking or value price of these clocks. First one is seth thomas Dana #4 runs and looks great. Second one is a seth thomas Prospect #0 with mahogany veneer. I know its hard to set values on antiques over the internet but just wanted to get some opinions.Both clocks run and are in well above average cond. Thanks !

{{gwi:1380659}}

{{gwi:1380661}}

Comments (8)

• sunnyca_gw
    13 years ago

Schroeder's 2010, Kovel's 2010 & Antiques & Collectibles,Antique Trader2010 all 3 have only a handful of clocks mentioned & didn't see yours. Sorry!

• lindac
    13 years ago

Unfortunately not a lot. I guess people don't want something they have to wind.
    Lovely clocks though.
    Check completes sales on eBay....
    Linda C

• bowlman
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I found one like the first pic on a site for 545.00 and the second one for 195 with a poor wood finish on another site. If I could get half of that I would be very happy. That is the only ones I have found.

• lindac
    13 years ago

Is that asking price? or sold price....?

• bowlman
    Original Author
    13 years ago

asking of course, unless it has sold and they have not removed the add. There really are not that many of them out their.

• lindac
    13 years ago

Here's a Dana 4 with Admintine finish....
    Collector's Weekly values it at between $100 and $200.

Here is a link that might be useful: Dana #4

• bowlman
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks for the link. I figured 100-200 on this one. Mine is a little nicer then the one you found as far as the finsh color and style of the case in my opinion. I might list them on the big auction site.

• lindac
    13 years ago

I have no idea if the admintine is more "desireable" than wood....I would prefer the wood....but then what do I know!?
    People are paying fancy prices for Bakelite jewelry....
    What chimes do they have? I am sure that will have a bearing....and don't know if the dana 4 all chimes the same.