Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jimjanhenry

Where are the BlueStar Dealers in the Midwest?

jimjanhenry
16 years ago

Web searches make BlueStar a good choice for 48" range. But, there appears to be no dealer located close to us, here in southern Illinois. There is an EXPO close to St. Louis (120 miles), but they don't seem to favor BlueStar.

I could install, but it seems advisable to have a dealer nearby to provide tech support and parts conveniently. Or, would we be OK with long-range support?

Any experience with this problem would be appreciated.

Jim Henry

Comments (9)

• mackswim
    16 years ago

Jim, try andy@oneiionegroup.com in Illinois. I believe he is the distributor in your area?

• jimjanhenry
    Original Author
    16 years ago

mackswim,

thanks for the return. I'd tried to email andy, but had misread the address as ...@onellone... and naturally got a error message. Hope this works for us. We're excited about the remodelling we plan. Jim Henry

• mama_mia
    16 years ago

We used Kessenich's out of Madison Wisconsin. I did everything over the phone. They delivered to northern Ill, and their customer service was excellent. And they love Blue Stars! Our local contractor, who was doing the kitchen remodel, did the installation, but once the gas line was in place, it didn't look that difficult. Oh yeah, except the weight. Moving it from the garage into the kitchen was a heruclean effort for two burley guys.

Here is a link that might be useful: Kessenichs

• jimjanhenry
    Original Author
    16 years ago

mama mia,

thanks for the response. I'll contact Kessenichs and see what they have to say. I assume the price you got from them was satisfactory (stupid comment). We're remodeling and a new 30" door will be right next to where the range is to go. Probably don't want to move it over our existing composite floor. It seems the more you plan, the more you have to plan. Any advice on vent hoods. And I'm really in the dark regarding air return requirements and how that's done.

Thanks much for your repsonse.

Jim Henry

• mama_mia
    16 years ago

yes, their price was competitive (I'm cheap, er, frugal). And right, once you move that thing, you don't want to move it again.

Oh, and by the way, we did have a problem early on (with the ignitor switch) so I called Kessenich's, and they hooked me up with a local repair shop that works on all kinds of ranges, including bluestar. I didn't have to pay a thing, so either Kessenich's or BlueStar picked up the tab for the repair.

• jimjanhenry
    Original Author
    16 years ago

mama mia,

Thanks. It seems from the forum discussions that BlueStar's biggest flaw is the ignition problem. At least that is one that can be fixed without too much problem.

• cmg01
    16 years ago

We're in SW Illinois and purchased our 48" BlueStar rangetop and all our other appliances online from Eurostoves last year, after looking all over St. Louis. Trevor Lawson was a huge help and I would not hesitate to do it again.

• mama_mia
    16 years ago

Jim Henry,
    regarding your question about venting, we chose a vent-a-hood. There are many threads on this forum about ventahood and general venting. You'll get lots of info by reading through those. good luck!

• jimjanhenry
    Original Author
    16 years ago

All responders,

Thanks very much. The more I see of Eurostove, the better they look.

Jim Henry