Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tasymo

Depression glass pattern?

tasymo
13 years ago

Hello! Can anyone identify the pattern on these sherbert glasses? I have not been able to find it. Thank you!

Here is a link that might be useful:

Comments (8)

• sunnyca_gw
    13 years ago

Looks like Hex Optic or Honeycomb by Jeannette Glass Co. 1928-1932. Color was "new brilliant green" also in wild rose &in 1930's Ultra Marine & in 1950's Iridescent. Page 96 Collector's Encyclopedia of Depression Glass 18th ed. Gene & Cathy Florence. It was a favorite pattern & much used so many pieces were chipped. Your pieces look new!!

• tasymo
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I was thinking it might be Honeycomb, but the sherberts I found online with this pattern looked a bit heavier, without the flaired rim. These glasses are quite thin, with no seam that I can detect. Did they make the different styles using the same pattern? Thanks for you help, Sunnyca!

• lindac
    13 years ago

"depression glass" as we think of it was pressed in a mold with a very low relief pattern. But there was also something classified as "elegant depression glass"...which was usually hand finished with more detail and finer glass...clearer.
    I think your sherbets belong in the elegant category. They appear to be hand finished and if I am seeing correctly have a bubble in the stem.
    Try searching for elegant depression glass.
    I have linked one site but haven't searched it.
    Good luck....they are lovely...that green is luminous!
    Linda C

Here is a link that might be useful: Just glass

• sunnyca_gw
    13 years ago

Try Googling Honeycomb pattern as that is what other glass companies called it. I went through my Ruby Glass of 20th Century thinking maybe someone made honeycomb items in ruby but didn't find any.Sorry!

• tasymo
    Original Author
    13 years ago

This is the closest I've been able to find to my sherberts. What do you think? Same pattern? Thanks, Kathy

Here is a link that might be useful: {{gwi:1390063}}

• lindac
    13 years ago

I think it's Fenton diamond optic....and I think the pink you posted are the same thing....but not positive that it's what is called "diamond optic".
    Linda C

• tasymo
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks Linda. Diamond Optic is what the seller of the pink glasses was calling them, but they didn't know the maker. The search continues!

• lindac
    13 years ago

I believe the maker is Fenton. I can find plates that look like that pattern but can't find any sherbets.