Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
twogirlsbigtrouble

Which faucet do you like better?

twogirlsbigtrouble
15 years ago

We are putting Hansgrohe in our master shower. Im trying to decide what to do for the two sinks and bathtub. I found two opyions that I like, but one isnt Hansgrohe.

Hansgrohe Allegro

American Standard Green Tea

I like the American Standard styling a little better. It seems to even be more expensive than the Hansgrohe. Is the Hansgrohe quality going to be way better than American Standard? What do you like?

Comments (14)

• ritamay91710
    15 years ago

well, the first one seems more traditional, the second more of an asian feel...are you going that way with your bathroom?

• writersblock (9b/10a)
    15 years ago

The second one is more distinctive, IMHO.

• faucetman886
    15 years ago

I had not seen that American Standard unit...thats beautiful! and Im a Grohe fan..not the same as Hansgrohe BTW

• jjaazzy
    15 years ago

I love the 2nd one. Very clean lines, love it!

• twogirlsbigtrouble
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hmmm.... Well Im not sure Im going for an asian look. Trying to mix modern & kind of a craftsman style. Im think of hex tiles or maybe basketweave on the floor. So Maybe I shouldnt get the green tea? Its pretty, but it might not work. I never thought faucet shopping would be so hard...

Should I go with something more traditional/victorian? Got anything you recommend?

• ritamay91710
    15 years ago

It is very pretty, but I would not say that it screams craftsman!!

Good luck...I know it's hard....too many choices!! LOL!!

• redroze
    15 years ago

I'm sorry to say that I don't like the lines of either one...I can't put my finger on what it is. I don't know what Craftsman style is either so I'm not sure if they qualify.

Here is one transitional style that I was considering before...Selection 25 Eiffel faucet:
    {{gwi:1390703}}

I also googled "craftsman" bath and found this photo:
    {{gwi:1396074}}

• twogirlsbigtrouble
    Original Author
    15 years ago

redroze - I really like that Eiffel faucet! I cant seem to find anywhere to buy it online. Do you know who sells it?

• twogirlsbigtrouble
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Ok so Ive looked at some other faucets and have narrowed it down. I dont want to spend a fortune, kind of mid range.

Everything would be in polished chrome. We got the Hansgrohe Raindance fixtures for the shower already.

Roman Tub & Widespread Lavatory faucet sets....

JADO Illume

TOTO Clayton

MICO Wilson

HANSGROHE Limbo

Anything stand out? I know its kind of a personal preference thing, but I have the worst time making decisions and I appreciate any feedback :)

• hudsonleigh
    15 years ago

twogirls, I like the Green Tea, but it really doesn't go with a craftsman style. THE Mico has a better look, imo, but I can't say anything about quality...I know nothing about them. We are ordering the Delta Dryden in polished chrome for our family bath. I think the lines might work nicely with craftsman style.

Here is a link that might be useful: Delta Dryden

• redroze
    15 years ago

It's from Selection 25 (a brand I never heard of before) and I've seen this brand at a kitchen and bath store in Toronto, Canada called Taps. So sorry, I don't know where to find it online or in the US. On their website it turns out that they're a Canadian company. If you're still interested, perhaps you can contact them? Here's the website.

I LOVE your new selections though...again, since I don't know what Craftsman is, I don't konw which one to recommend. Do you have a photo of your vanity or any other elements in your kitchen? I'd love to try and help.

• redroze
    15 years ago

Also, do you have a tub, and is it oval or rectangular? If you have an oval tub, perhaps a fixture with softer lines (like the Hansgrohe Limbo) would work better, whereas an architectural faucet (the others you narrowed it down to) would work with a more rectangular tub.

• twogirlsbigtrouble
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Our tub is rectangular and the sinks are either square or rectangular, I cant remember. We went with Kohler Archer for the tub & sinks. I dont have pics of vanities or anything because this is a new build. The vanity is going to be 7 ft long which includes 3" flutes with plinth blocks on each end. I'll probably do a darker stain.

I think Im leaning toward the TOTO Carlyle. Seems to be classic but yet has cleaner lines, not too ornate. I think it might help marry the modern & classic Im going for.

hudson - Thanks for your suggestion! Ive looked at the Delta Dryden before and I think its almost too rigid and boxy for our purposes. The MICO is nice, I just know nothing about that brand.

• bluekitobsessed
    15 years ago

I like the Limbo a lot better than any of the others, but it's a totally different look. The others are all architectural/modern.