Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
luvstocraft

Playing around with centerpiece ideas!

luvstocraft
16 years ago

In the midst of my boxing things up today, I decided to take a little break and "play" with some of the things I had out.

I have absolutely no idea what dishes I could use with any of these, but I loved all the sparkly things and pretty colors, and it was fun to try to see what might go together.The fabrics are just some I've used for tree skirts or other decorating.

Keep in mind that I was just "playing"--and it just felt good to have a little fun with it all. If you see anything that might actually have possibilities, let me know. ;o)

Wish I were a better photographer!

Luvs

Comments (12)

• Purplemoon
    16 years ago

WOW, Luvs, you sure play NICE. I love all of them, and you've really got a knack for the stacked plates it seems!!
    I think I'm quite jealous, LOL.
    My plates are sitting empty and I hate that, but no clue what to do with them for now till Valentines! I'm leaning towards using some of my bird figures but HOW or with WHAT I am a blank. Need to go to Michaels and see if that might jog my poor ol' brain someway.
    Your sparkly gold things are beautiful too.

hugs, Karen

• thrift_shop_romantic
    16 years ago

Each one I saw I was thinking that was the one I liked best. The color combinations are all so nice. You have some terrific sparkly pillar candles. They're like a party all by their little ol' selves.

-Jenn

• kathleen_li
    16 years ago

I think you could do a Valentines table with the first stacked plates! Replace the silver balls with something maybe.... Go for it!

• lynnencfan
    16 years ago

Every one is very very pretty but I love the first one - what a beautiful transition into Valentines day. I am going to have to start scouting the GW, SA and flea markets for some plates that can stack and jars that can be filled - love it - love it......

Lynne

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hmmm! Kathleen, for Valentines, I have collected quite a few cupid pieces that I plan to use in the stacked plates. I will probably use my red roses since I have quite a few of them already and the white cupids will show up good against them. I'd better start thinking about what I want to do since I will probably need to shop. ;o)

Jenn, those gold sparkly candles were on sale at Marshall's and while really pretty, I don't know what to do with them, Just seems they need to be in some kind of an arrangement.

Lynne, the thrill of the hunt is half the fun! Surprising what we can find sometimes. I'm trying to look at things and think how I could use them in a vignette or centerpiece, but I don't think I have a knack for it! ;o( But I'll keep trying just because it is fun. ;o)

Karen, you are doing great with the stacked plates. Bird figurines sounds cute, hope you come up with a plan so you can show us a new "creation". ;o)

I just have to keep "playing" and "experimenting" partly because it is sort of fun, and partly because I am really trying to learn what things go well together. Hope you all had a little fun looking. Now back to the packing up and putting away Christmas decos! LOL

Luvs

• Bright199
    16 years ago

It was very fun looking!! I wish dh wasn't such a paper pack rat. My dining room table always looks like a sloppy desk!!! Tons of mail and such. You all are very talented at decorating tables and place settings.

• paintingfool
    16 years ago

Luvs, love your apothecary jars. It looks like you have a lot of fun decorating your tables. I have not used my stacking cake plates yet. I did see several pretty white ones at Hobby Lobby yesterday. They had pink ribbon running through the eyelet edges but I already have a set. It is time for us to decorate for Mardi Gras. I love those colors but am not sure if I will do anything this year since I have so much to do with our painting chapter.

• Sandi_W
    16 years ago

Luvs, All 3 of your centerpieces are very pretty. You could use any of them for a vignette on another table for Valentine's Day. I think my favorite is the 3rd one. It is so sparkly.

• jaybird
    16 years ago

The centerpieces are all pretty, but I love the stacking plates!!!
    Your ideas are always lovely!

• prosperity66
    16 years ago

I particularly love the second centerpiece. But I think that, with some cupids instead of winter decorations, your stacking plates would be great on MY table for Valentines ;-))

Otherwise, the second one is so lovely and not only reserved for the holiday season!

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks ladies, glad you enjoyed seeing my experiments. I probably won't do anything with the stacked plates until Valentines now. They are just sitting empty in the middle of the dining room table--looks so blah and sort of sad! ;o(

Luvs

• black-thumb
    16 years ago

What a great job I love those!

Sponsored
Snider & Metcalf Interior Design, LTD
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida
More Discussions