Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lincolnduncan

Help me find a similar shower

lincolnduncan
11 years ago

So as I'm scrolling through the Waterworks site, I find THE shower that I want for the master bath. It looks perfect in every way. Then I scroll down further for the price and want to cry. The cheapest finish is almost 15K (matte gold is 41K) Since that clearly isn't going to happen, I am trying to find something similar. I came across a brand called Hudson Reed and the stuff looks great but I'm finding lots of terrible reviews. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Comments (8)

• allison0704
    11 years ago

Do you just want an exposed shower set, or one that looks exactly like this - with the box and all?

• enduring
    11 years ago

I think the shower looks dangerous. I have never seen something like this but it looks like the hot water pipe is exposed and bare skin could get scalded on it. I wonder too, if the exposed bars are grab bar worthy. I you slipped and grabbed it would it come out of the wall?

• raehelen
    11 years ago

Re: Hudson Reed. I have had a HR shower for nearly 4 years, and love it! Very good quality and the price couldn't be beat! Will definitely use them again in our next 2 bathrooms. (However, we are DIY'ers, and my husband is an Electrical Engineer, who has a knack for figuring out how things work. Many of the complaints I have seen are for poor directions for installation, honestly can't remember if that was an issue for us).

Sweeby, here on GW has a HR exposed shower set, and has been happy with hers for years too. You could do a search...

• allison0704
    11 years ago

DD2 recently gutted her MBath and used an exposed shower set, linked below. It's very heavy and well made. She's been happy with it the past few months. The plumber that installed said it was easy - wasn't his first exposed set to install. She didn't get the hand held in the shower, but has one on the tub.

{{gwi:1400447}}

Here is a link that might be useful: exposed shower set

• lincolnduncan
    Original Author
    11 years ago

allison0704 - Thanks. That's pretty!

raehelen - You're right. Many of the complaints were about the instructions, but there were also some about water pressure. i almost feel like it's just too good to be true. The stuff is so pretty and so relatively inexpensive. Glad to hear you're happy with yours.

{{gwi:1400835}}

I've found some that I like from Watermark and Hansgrohe - any thoughts on those brands?

• writersblock (9b/10a)
    11 years ago

Hansgrohe is generally considered an excellent brand, perhaps the best, especially their Axor series. Don't know much about watermark.

• azwildcats70
    11 years ago

My Hudson Reed exposed just came in today. I took a peek and it looks... awesome! My first comment was "that's serious business stuff". Won't be installing it for a month or so... but so far, it's very pretty!

• HudsonReed_Dan
    11 years ago

Please do let us know how you find it once you have installed it. We're still quite unknown in the states, but generally once people have tried us they are not disappointed.

Thanks
    Dan
    Hudson Reed USA

This post was edited by HudsonReed_Dan on Wed, Feb 27, 13 at 11:25