Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
wobbly1905

KitchenAid Website 0/10 Rating

wobbly1905
15 years ago

KitchenAid's website is not the place to visit to efficiently compare refrigerators. Unlike many appliance websites, there's no method to select by feature, except for freestanding, built-in, drawers, outdoor, etc.

When I tried to compare to models, the only comparison info given was electrical supply.

Comments (6)

• friedajune
    15 years ago

I know! KA used to have a great website, easy to navigate, and which sorted the appliances logically, and allowed you to compare features easily. What were they thinking when making this change? I just saw the redesigned website last week, and it was THE WORST!! Even the photos are BAD. It's like they've gone out of their way to make shopping for their appliances difficult - not a smart move in this economy!

• dalerb66
    15 years ago

Oh my god, that's just jaw-dropping. They've rewritten the whole thing in Flash and now you can only see three items per page! If you're interested in their built-in refrigerators you're expected to click through nine pages just to see the full line. Then if you manage to find something you're interested in the first thing that grabs your attention is a big red "FIND DEALER" button. Oh, then to the right of that there's a demure gray "VIEW" button. Clicking on that gets you nothing but a picture and a list of finishes available (with model #'s and MSRP). If you happen to glance up to the far right you'll see a tab that says "FEATURE & SPECS". Click that and you'll see that they've, again, crammed everything in to the same small sliver of screen space and that there are now eight expandable/collapsible lists you can click through to (perhaps) find the information you were interested in.

Just dreadful.

• alwaysfixin
    15 years ago

I saw this change last week too. I was looking for a toaster for my Mom (KA makes great toasters BTW), and lost patience with the new format. I actually emailed KA via their "Contact Us" tab, and wrote that I thought their website changes were poorly thought-out and a competitive disadvantage big-time. The way they're showing their products on their website would make anyone lose interest in them, even if they were gung-ho on KA before.

• abbierose
    15 years ago

Glad I'm not the only one who was disappointed in the website. No nice pictures of the ovens, difficult to compare. I sent an email and requested a brochure. They did respond quickly and tell me it had be put in the post, so that was at least a good thing. I give the website a big fat Zero in a ranking.

• Fori
    15 years ago

Agree!

It was nice and straght forward before while still looking current, but now...terrible.

• rhome410
    15 years ago

The funny thing is that when I was interested in a KA fridge a couple yrs ago and visited a major appliance store in Seattle to ask further questions, the salesman went to his desk, pulled up the web page for that model on the KA website, and turned his monitor so I could read it! What's he going to do for people now?!