Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jeannespines

Cake Pedestal Bunny Vignette

jeannespines
14 years ago

Been working at Spring stuff...so "refreshing!" (altho there's lots of snow on the ground outside!) Here's the new cake pedestal I got last weekend at K-mart on clearance for $9 ...Martha Steward heavy glass:

You can see the cake pedestal cover better here in this pic...the crocheted doily is an old arm chair one & I crocheted a pink fuzzy little runner for the outside bunny...the 2 brown "chargers" DH repainted for me yesterday...great bargain at consignment store for $1...but scratched-up:

I used two bunny planters that I usually use in summer decor on the porch...added some pink trim from fabric store...some faux berries I cut from a garland & eggs purchased at HLobby for 40% Easter sale...here's a closer look:

I'm going to enjoy this vignette on my countertop thru Easter...thanks for the inspiration, Holiday-ers! Jeanne S.

Comments (19)

• luckygal
    14 years ago

Well - *thank you* for the wonderful inspiration Jeanne! I love how you've used the pink, cream, and brown - those decorative eggs look as if they are made of candy and almost too much to resist! ;-) I love how you've used the pink trim, such a great idea I will have to copy if our little fabric store has any appropriate colors. Must check my stash first, I might even have some.

Your covered pedestal cake plate was a very good price for new - I've paid $5 at yard sales for them. Containing an arrangement like that is a good idea I may copy for spring/Easter arrangement - the cover keeps everything nicely dust free and out of my kitties reach!

I must get busy and do a proper spring arrangement - just threw some things together awhile back but it's not up to a standard I'd dare post! I've been busy with gardening and don't have the energy to do both.

• Purplemoon
    14 years ago

That is beautiful, Jeanne! (I am definitely hooked on pink decor, don't know why it took me so long to 'convert'.) I love your vignette.
    Still snow there? You need to visit Phx, been mid 70s. Tho I envy your 4 seasons. We only have two. HOT and Nice.

hugs, Karen

• milosmom_gw
    14 years ago

It's wonderful Jeanne! So cute and very well pulled together.
    I contemplated using mine to do an Easter arrangement closer to time also in the name of combatting the cat off the easter grass. lol
    I bought 2 little choc bunnies and a lavendar one with some eggs from B.Lots and that was as far as my idea got.
    We'll see if I accomplish it or just look at yours instead. :)

• luvstocraft
    14 years ago

Love your bunny and eggs arrangement, Jeanne. Bet it will make you smile each time you look at it. Great idea using the trim and the berry garland too. Hang in there, Spring is bound to arrive someday! Luvs

• yachter123
    14 years ago

You should enjoy it, it's beautiful!! I did not see those eggs at H L today, they look like those egg cupcakes I've seen at bakerys at Easter, so they go perfect in the cake pedestal. Everything is so pretty, like I said in Karen's post, I wanted to do pink this year but so much of my stuff is greens & yellows & no room for more!!!

• phonegirl
    14 years ago

Jeanne, I love it too and am going to go play now that you have inspired me. What a great bunch of things you've used. Love the colors and this is so pretty.

Punk

• jeannespines
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks for the feedback everyone!

Luckygal & purplemoon..."pink" is not one of my ordinary colors either...am loving what I see on this forum & I wanted something "pretty" ...so could do this on my countertop & by adding the brown metal chargers, could make the colorscheme work in my house! The buffet is being worked on & will be more country (like Babydoll). Happy to know what cake pedestals go for at GS's...never have looked before...but do now! LOL!

MM & luvs...am looking forward to your Spring creations...since I didn't do St. P., I'm early...and I'll even be "late" cause I'm going to try another tablescape with my winter dishes before I put them away! LOL!

yachter...those eggs were in a bag tog. with the crafts & garlands, Easter eggs, etc. aisle ...they do look good enough to eat...that's why I've not bought any of those foil-wrapped bunnies...I'd be unwrappin' for sure!

punk...thanks & have fun playing! Jeanne S.

• oldalgebra
    14 years ago

Gosh, I have three cake domes. I never thought about using them like a wide cloche. I really like what you did. I see a lot of chocolate and pink or chocolate and light blue these days. After I put the green stuff away, I'm going to try a little Easter scene under glass. Luvs and I saw a number of faux chocolate eggs (just like yours) at the Craft Show. They look so real! I may have to go back if they're still open tomorrow.

• yachter123
    14 years ago

Definitely check garage sales, I bought mine at one, it is heavy as heck & I paid $5 for mine too. I have seen them cheaper but this was in a very upscale neighborhood & I knew it was a very good quality one.

My grandaughter now wants one, so we will be on the hunt for one for her this garage sale season!

Forgot to say earlier that I love the brown & pink together too!!! My gdaughter saw this page & said OH WOW, I love it!!!

• yachter123
    14 years ago

OA, we should all do an Easter Cake plate decor & all post ours under one thread! What a neat idea jeannespines had to get all our wheels turning.

• yachter123
    14 years ago

Forget my suggestion, I just tried a cake plate vignette & mine looked horrible!!!! My bunnies are too small & I'm just not getting the rich look that jeannespines did!

ARGHHHHHH! I just don't seem to have the right "ingredients" for this cake!!!!!

• oldalgebra
    14 years ago

I think your suggestion is a fine one. I'm game (after the 17th, though) if you're still interested.

• cinlo
    14 years ago

Oooh, I'll have to pull out my cake plate & see if I can come up with something, too. I love those eggs. They look delicious although I know they're just for looks!

• mo13
    14 years ago

Jeanne,
    Love, love your pink and brown easter decor. Looks soooo sweet. Nice idea about painting the charger!! I really liked how you described all the details. Makes me stop and look at the pictures more closely.

Mo

• excessfroufrou
    14 years ago

The pink and brown is beautiful and yummie looking, looks just like bon bons. I have the same rabbit planter that is under the cake dome, but I really neeeeed one like the pink pottery one. It really looks like Spring at your house. My buttercups were blooming this weekend (nothing picture worthy) and I thought of you.
    Syble

• jaybird
    14 years ago

That is lovely..and a great idea. I could foil Ms. Posie Cat...I just need to find a big dome of some sort...my bunnies are sort of tall :^)
    Thanks for posting.
    J

• stinky-gardener
    14 years ago

What a nice cake pedestal & dome... & for $9.00! I'm going to checkout my local K-mart asap! Those eggs look so scrumptious, then I realized they aren't edible, darn! They are really good fakes! The bunnies are adorable, & the plate behind the cake pedestal looks like its made of chocolate (I like edible decor it seems!) Very cute vignette.

• Marlene Kindred
    14 years ago

Very lovely Jeanne! And so soothing looking after all of the snow and "dead" stuff around outside....thanks for sharing with us!

• jeannespines
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks OA, yachter, cindylou, mo13, froufrou, jaybird, SG & marlene...such an influence & "enablers" all of you are on this forum! LOL! Love all the creativity here!

This was fun & I never (in my wildest dreams) would have decorated a pedestal cake plate (til coming over here)...so I had fun with it & appreciate your comments.

Still decor'ing for Spring...will share pics but getting nicer outside! See some crocus stems poking thru by the house! Yippee! Jeanne S.

Sponsored
More Discussions