Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
imacurvygrrl

They done dug!

ImaCurvyGrrl
13 years ago

Well, it got pushed off one day because the excavator ran late on his previous job, but they started this morning. We were there at 7am to watch them measure and start the dig, in 30 degree weather! It was COLD! We got to see them start, which was exciting.

But it was MORE exciting when we stopped by at the end of the day while we were out running errands to find the guy still there at 5pm, and we could see the footprint of the house!

We have video on DH's work phone (the new camera's battery died before we could use it, so it's going back!) from the morning when they started digging, but he doesn't have the cable to transfer it. So that's a nix at the moment.

But we DO have pictures from this afternoon's visit. Here's one:

In the back you can see where the sunroom is going to be! Too cool.

The dig is supposed to be done on our property tomorrow, and then they start on my parents' property next door. Footings the end of the week or first of next week, depending on the weather.

We're not too excited, huh??

Comments (6)

• saune
    13 years ago

I remember that day, too. How exciting!

• ImaCurvyGrrl
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks! I wish we'd gotten better pictures, but there was no way to get a better perspective on it.

I'm glad we're not that far away (15 minutes) because I'm dying to go out at the end of the day today AGAIN. LOL

• steelerfan_2010
    13 years ago

Congrats! I understand the excitement. We knew they would break ground around Valentine's Day. On Valentine's Day, after a nice dinner with a bottle of wine and after dinner drinks, we drove by the lot and saw the backhoe equipment and were quite excited - could be the wine had something to do with the excitement level. :):) Framing started Monday, so it seems as though it is moving along.

Good luck with your build.

• worthy
    13 years ago

A former homebuilding partner of mine said the smell of fresh-tuned soil always reminded him of a new grave that was being dug for his benefit. What a barrel of fun he was to work with!

• ImaCurvyGrrl
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks Steelerfan. Good to hear your build is going well. Can't wait to see progress in the progress thread!

Worthy, it's funny you say that, because we went back today to see the progress and I could smell the fresh dirt on my parents' lot that they'd started scraping.

• newhome4us
    13 years ago

Congrats!!