Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
marylmi

I feel so bad.....

marylmi
16 years ago

I found some pink dessert plates and some matching small bowls but the price was too high! The plates were marked $12 a piece and the little bowls were $6.50 a piece. They were so cute and I wanted them soooooo bad but I couldn't justify paying those prices. The plates looked like a flower with the petals, same for the bowls. I'll check that store when I'm in that area again. (80 miles from me) *sniff* *sniff* Anyone else ever have that happen?

Comments (8)

• Sandi_W
    16 years ago

Oh Mary, I'm so sorry the pink dessert plates and bowls were so high. And yes, I've had that happen to me and it is very discouraging. I hope you find something else you like just as well at a better price. And I hope you feel much better soon.

• marylmi
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks sandi! This place was called "The OldSpud Warehouse" and they had a lot of nice things but a little pricey. I do have some pink plates I ordered online at TenderHeart & will post a picture on Monday of them along with a couple of things I bought today. Maybe if I'm lucky I will have found something else too by then. But, it's just that these were so dang cute!!! I think I need a bowl of 'comfort' food....like a dish of ice cream with some hot fudge topping...yep, I feel better already! lol!

• kathleen_li
    16 years ago

Oh, Mary , you scared me..I thought something really bad happened. Not that depriving yourself of dishes isn't bad, LOL. But ice cream will do it! You will find something, just you wait!
    I don't have anything to post for Monday, unless Mother's Day brings a surprise! Prob not, though, I usually ask for plants for outside.

• marylmi
    Original Author
    16 years ago

kathlen, I'm sorry, I realized after posting that I should have used a different title or added 'No dishes'.
    Yes, the ice cream is helping! :)

Happy Mother's Day to everyone!!!! Hope your day is great!

• judithva
    16 years ago

Mary, don't feel bad that has happened to me a number of times. Sometimes you really like something, but the prices can be simply out of reach. I'm a pink nut too, so I feel your pain. I am sure something else will come along, but in the meantime, I definatly agree icecream is a very close second in making one happy!

• Sandi_W
    16 years ago

Mary, I can't wait to see your pink plates from Tenderheart. They have such pretty stuff. And more goodies you bought today.

I had a bowl of ice cream earlier today. It worked! LOL

• luvstocraft
    16 years ago

Okay, that does it--guess I need to go buy some ice cream because I haven't bought any dishes this week either! LOL

Sorry you really loved them Mary--but just think, when you do find something else, you will feel like you can buy more because of the money you saved not buying these. Anyone else understand that logic? LOL

The pink dishes at Tenderheart look so pretty, know you will feel lots better when they arrive.

Luvs

• marylmi
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hey girls, I really do feel better now...all the good thoughts and that ice cream really saved the day!! :)