Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
shipmates

New Jade Range and Wall Oven

shipmates
18 years ago

Oh my how gorgeous. I just went on the Eurostoves website and they have the new Jade oven with French doors pictures up. It looks so fantastic! I called to find out if they are available and they will be coming out in 45-60 days. They said that people are putting in orders for them already and there isn't even an established price. The 48" Jade range is out also which they claim is gorgeous. I am glad that I waited to do my kitchen.

www.eurostoves.com

Comments (36)

• ellene613
    18 years ago

Shipmates, you may find the following to be of interest:

Businesses Using the Forums

If you sell anything, or have a ".com" commercial domain, you are considered a business for the purposes of this document.

If you have a business and post to the forums, please read this page in its entirety. If you choose not to, you will nevertheless be held to the consequences of ignoring what is outlined here.

Advertising is strictly forbidden in forum messages. This does not mean that as a business owner you cannot use the forums. It means you cannot use forum messages as a means of advertising. Even our paying advertisers are not allowed to that.

If you have a business, mentioning the name, providing a link, giving the phone number, etc., are all forms of advertising. Linking to an informational page at your site where items are sold is an advertisement. If you post such a message under a pseudonym, it is still an ad. In sum, if at least part of the reason you are posting is to let people know about your business, it is an advertisement. This is exactly what our paying advertisers are trying to do: get people to their site or business.

That Home Site offers a range of advertising options that include a very inexpensive listing in the Shopping Directory. Therefore, there is no excuse for even the smallest business that wishes to advertise not to do so legitimately.

By posting an ad, you will have ignored the instructions, the user agreement and this warning. If you proceed to post an ad, we will take these courses of action:

* You will be banned from the forums.
    * Your URL will be added to a list of forbidden links. No message linking to your site will be accepted, whether it is from you or another user.
    * We will use whatever means we choose to inform our users of your business practices and ask them not to do business with those abusing the forums.

Here is a link that might be useful: Businesses using the forums

• fairegold
    18 years ago

If the OP isn't related to the business in question, then a hearty endorement has never been a problem on this forum. We are constantly recommending vendors and products here, and providing links, as well. But if the OP is in any way associated with the biusiness in question, that is different.

I did not read the original post as an ad for the poster's company.

• Lisa
    18 years ago

Hmmm, I guess I didn't say how this was advertising either.

Anyway, REALLY??? I have been waiting and waiting for the new 48" Jade to come out. I was told it now wouldn't be out until the fall, so we have been planning on buying the 36" Jade instead. Oh my, this puts a new spin on everything. Do you have any other info at all? I would absolutely love to know more!

• mccall
    18 years ago

I also see no connection between the post and any notion that the poster works for Eurostove. Many of us post of companies we like all the time including links.

• shipmates
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Just to clear this up. I am not associated with Eurostoves in any way other than been a potential customer like so many others on the GW.

The reason I posted and named the company and the web site was that these are FIRST pictures of JadeÂs new French Door Wall Oven EVEN SEEN. An appliance that I understand won best new appliance at the recent Kitchen and Bath Show. unless you were at the show you would never have seen it. I felt that some people would be interested.

Maybe I should have posted "Jade has a new appliance out. Check it out at ********** or go to ***.**********.*** to see some pictures.

• fairegold
    18 years ago

Shipmates, don't worry about it. It's always fun to hear about and see pictures of innovative new products or new designs. Thanks for posting.

• Lisa
    18 years ago

Yes, thank you! I think it sounds incredibly cool.

Fortunately, or unfortunately (however you look at it), I just got a great deal on a 42" range hood last night, which kind of cements our current plan to stick with a 36" Jade range, so I'll just have to live vicariously through the lucky first person who gets the 48" Jade.

BUT, I have to admit that the French door oven is beckoning me in the worst way. I have plans to get something completely different, but I just don't know if I can stand it!

I know Jade doesn't have a huge following here, but I think they're about the prettiest appliances I've seen. I can't wait to get mine. :)

Handust

• ellene613
    18 years ago

Well, it appears that I over-reacted, so Shipmates, please accept my apology. I was suspicious because:
    1) This appears to be your first post,
    2) your post was enthusiastic but contained no questions, which is not typical of a first post,
    3) Eurostoves (which appears to be an excellent company) has been putting material from Gardenweb on their website,
    4) I have seen at least one distributor rep get away with masquerading as a consumer here for several months, trying to influence sales (he hasn't posted for a few months) and
    5) I simply pulled the trigger too fast.
    Eurostoves and Jade both get good reviews on this forum. Not the first time I've posted something less than brilliant here.

• luke2
    18 years ago

I saw the french door oven at the show. Very impressive. Took a while, but I finally got a Booth person to give $4,200 +/- as an estimate.

• Lisa
    18 years ago

I'm going to hope & assume that price would be for a double oven as shown (top with French doors, bottom with conventional door)?

I also assumed that the French door oven would be available as a single wall oven. Does anyone know if this is so? I sincerely hope that it does and for a lower price. I fully understand a Jade wall oven is more than many ovens, and that you will most certainly pay a hefty premium for the whole French door coolness factor, but I hope it's not $4,200 for a single oven!

• susanandmarkw
    18 years ago

Wow, wow, wow ... My intial instinct on just seeing the pictures of this is that I want it. I was already impresed by Jade ovens (it was kind of between them a Dacor), but this would just put me over the top, if it's anything like their others, or even better. I'm drooling already ... I just love appliances! (Some women like shoes, this is it for me. Of course, I like shoes too.)

• susanandmarkw
    18 years ago

I emailed Eurostoves for more information on the new Jade French door oven and to check their prices on Bluestars and someone (Trevor) called me in less than 30 minutes, on a Sunday even. Very impressive.

He was extremely helpful and the prices he quoted me were very fair. They don't do free shipping (if I get a Bluestar, I'm going to have to do an online or mail order, as there's no dealer within 500 miles), but they do offer three-year national warranty service, which I felt like was a decent trade off.

Anyway, I've only heard of Eurostoves via this forum and now I'm thinking of going up there to "visit" the Bluestar and the new Jade (I'm in Oklahoma, so it's no small trip) and maybe get the bulk of our appliances through them.

• luke2
    18 years ago

$4200 was the new double.

• shipmates
    Original Author
    18 years ago

ellene613

Thank you for the post above but no need to apologize. You are right this is my first post although I have been a reader for sometime, and yes I may be over enthusiastic about the new wall oven. It is just so unique and sleek looking, my excitement I may not be so enthusiastic once the price is announced.........lol.

My reason for no questions was I was only guiding anyone who was interested to see first pictures of the wall oven. I didnÂt ask any questions because it is so new that I didnÂt think anyone would know the answers.

But anyway no offense taken.

• guadalupe
    18 years ago

There has been no disclosure of pricing or availability on the new Jade French door wall oven, single or double. Any pricing on the internet is pure speculation. I spoke with Eric Agren at Jade and they are working on pricing and production now, but have not finalized either.

• susanandmarkw
    17 years ago

I visited Eurostoves earlier this week and while I couldn't look at the French oven, since it's not out yet, I did look at the existing Jades and what they thought would be the specs for the French Door.

Size is important to me, so I measured (they're supposed to be the same size as the current line) and came up with the following: 16-3/4" deep x 23" wide x 16" h.

Other tidbits on the French Door ...

-Both doors will open when you open one they both open (you can pull on either handle)

-doors open to a 135 degree angle and, supposedly, stay open at any distance you leave it at (springloaded from 90 degrees to fully open, according to Jade)

-pre-heat to 350 degrees in eight minutes

-multi-mode convection like current Jade ovens with programmable "favorites"

-extra-large oven window

-cook and hold feature

All the above (more or less) came from Jade's press release on the French Door issued at the Kitchen and Bath Show.

• susanandmarkw
    17 years ago

Just FYI for those interested (I still am considering it), the Jade French Door oven should be available in September, according to the latest from Eurostoves. The double 30" will be available first (in the $4,999 price range), with a 30" single following and, possibly, a 27" double.

• susanandmarkw
    17 years ago

Alright, don't know if anyone cares but me, but I got this email from Jade in response to a request about whether the French door oven would be out before we move in, in November/December ...

"I'm sorry. At this time, I can't guarantee when this product will be put
    into production. It's still slated for fourth quarter of 2006 but I
    wouldn't plan on it. The pricing isn't set at this point either. If I hear
    something more solid in the upcoming weeks, I'll certainly let you know."

• fairegold
    17 years ago

Ohhh, vaporware, as they say in the software industry.

• susanandmarkw
    17 years ago

It's only vaporware if it NEVER ships, but I totally see your point "fairegold" and kinda' thought the same thing.

• catbird
    17 years ago

Shipmates: I just saw the French door wall oven on HGTV and came straight to the computer to check it out. Thanks for the info. It would surely be a help for the DH's bad back, but we may not be able to wait for it. We may just shift the kitchen to the last phase of the remodel and see how things look then.

• catbird
    17 years ago

Another thought. Have you ever had something jump out of your hands as you took it out of the oven? Made a mess on the door, didn't it? What if the door hadn't been there to catch it? Ouch! ;-(

• moe_szyslak
    17 years ago

I have to confess I don't understand the willingness to pay what appears will be a 80 - 100% premium for this wall oven. It is a Jenn-Air oven. It will not cook any better than a Jenn-Air oven. Myself, I really like the brand, but I could not imagine spending over $4k (pushing $5k?) for this wall oven!

• guadalupe
    17 years ago

moe szyslak I have seen both the Jade and the Jenn-air wall ovens, they have different color porcelain, Jade is blue, jenn-air is grayish black, they have different racking systems, different convection fans and different control panels, so you must have some inside information or is just that they are owned by the same company sort like Lexus and Camaray. Do you work for the company and can you share some more information with us. Thanks.

• susanandmarkw
    17 years ago

Heard today from a dealer that Jade French Door oven may not be out until 2007 now. (Not terribly surprising, considering earlier news.)

• laotzutj
    17 years ago

One of my customers asked me about getting a Jade French Door Oven and I contacted Jade today and asked them about it. They essentially said they had no idea when(or if) it will be available. The Jade Customer Service department said they have not even been told it actually exists. The individual I spoke to gave me the impression they were irritated to keep getting calls about a product they had no knowledge of. Obviously, we have all seen pictures of it and some of us have seen it in person at various shows but I would not hold my breath waiting for this product to come to market. Jade purports to be a "high-end" appliance company and you would think they would be handling this delayed product introduction a little better. This company has put forth a significant marketing effort for this product by taking it to shows and having it appear on HGTV but is unwilling to give their Customer Service people any information about the product to tell potential buyers that call them. What's wrong with this picture?

• luke2
    17 years ago

I don't know if this is part of the problem, but they are tangled up in the Maytag to Whirlpool sale. Whirlpool boutght Maytag but doesn't want them. I know someone that is a supplier to Maytag and he thinks that they may be already sold or in the process.

• happydinks
    17 years ago

I don't know if anyone is still following this forum - but the new owners of Jade will not be producing this oven this year - if at all. Talked to the Jade distributor in NJ who told me this. He did say that they expect that BlueStar or American Range will probably be coming out with a similar model in the next few months. I for one - am really disappointed!

• rmkitchen
    16 years ago

For whatever it's worth .... Based on what I'd read on GW and then seeing the American single electric french door wall oven, I called Eurostoves and spoke with Trevor. He told me that the Jade oven isn't going to happen (because of all the back-and-forths with being bought-out), full-stop. However, American will be making a double (wall) oven with BOTH ovens having french doors; it's due to arrive in showrooms later this month. Trevor said the price will be ~$6,600. No, that is not a typo (I wish). He said it could be $300 more, $300 less, but essentially $6,600. So, for those who can afford it (I cannot), look for it late-July. Trevor also felt based on American's history that it will be good quality with quick and reliable customer service. Happy baking!

• merryfield
    16 years ago

The Jade French Door oven is gonna happen!

From Jade Appliance's website:

"An improved wall oven with Speed Glide sliding racks will be available for shipment on November 1 and the French Door model is undergoing development will be available for delivery by mid next year. We have 160 double ovens stocked available for immediate delivery."

"The Jade business has recently been acquired from Whirlpool by the Middleby Corporation, a global leader in the worldwide restaurant and foodservice cooking business. Middleby, known for its innovation and new product introductions in the Commercial market intends to fully support and grow the prestigious Jade Range brand, manufactured in Brea, California."

Since the acquisition was completed in April 2007, the oven is planned for mid-year 2008.

• decolady01
    16 years ago

So has anyone gotten one of the Jade French Door ovens?

Becky

• dannem
    16 years ago

I just saw the jade double french door wall oven on HGTV this very afternoon. I thought it was the oven of my dreams until I saw all these posts. So has ANYONE bought an affordable double french door wall oven from ANYBODY?

• rococogurl
    16 years ago

American Range has a double French door oven. I don't own it. There's an American range thread on the forum which may provide sources. It would be best to search the Jade threads on this forum to catch up as the brand has been controversial to say the least.

• mccall
    16 years ago

Doesn't Bluestar now have a double french door oven as well?

• toche_howard_hotmail_com
    15 years ago

Does anyone know if you can purchase french doors to replace a pull-down door on a standard oven?

• nick59
    9 years ago

Well unfortunately the residential Jade Oven as good looking as it is and how well built as it is..(a Viking looks like a TOY compared to this thing)..has it's problems.
    We have had the 36" Natural Gas oven for 3 1/2 years and I sit here tonight at 11:07 hungry while my wife is Stove Top cooking a dish that needs to be cooked in the Oven.This will be the third Jade failure in 3 1/2 years but..
    mainly the problem has to do with the igniters, which are made by Norton..and made very cheaply indeed.
    They are the same igniters which are in most Ovens today.
    So its not really Jades fault.
    Those Norton things need to be improved.
    It is just too ridiculous that in a residential environment that they should fail every 2-3 years.In the old days an oven went on with no issues for 3 0 years.
    The 1 year warranty is just not long enough but Jade does stand behind the oven often anyway.
    These ovens ARE beautiful and you know what..I'd buy the same one again..but they should make they're warranty 3 years and find a more durable igniter.
    They have the beauty & the build but have to have a more durable.. or snap in customer interchangeable Igniter.
    I like the Oven enough, Id buy a another one all over again but those Norton Igniters which are in most brands of Oven are RUBBISH...and it makes life hard where it need not be, for what..?

This post was edited by nick59 on Tue, Aug 26, 14 at 15:04