Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cmmarch_gw

Single Wolf L-series wall oven with Miele speed oven above

cmmarch
12 years ago

Hi. Kitchen renovation to start over the summer. Plans moving ahead smoothly but need help.

Anyone have pictures or have done a Wolf single L-series wall oven with a Miele Chef/Masterchef Speed Oven above it?

I am trying to consolidate wall and not do double oven but go with concept of single wall oven and speed/micro/convec oven. I am also doing a warming drawer under my induction cooktop. I am interested in knowing if the "look"(wall oven(Wolf) under speed oven(Miele) will match as it can be seen immediately upon walking into the kitchen.

From what I have read Wolf oven better due to some complaints re: Miele single oven temp problems.

Help?

Comments (10)

• dodge59
    12 years ago

I think you made a good choice. I suspect "Our Oven Expert", (Rhome) will most likely "Throw some heat" on the subject matter too.

First try "Googling" "Wolf Wall Oven Miele Speed Oven" and select "Images".

If Nothing turns up, Here (GW) Or there (Googling) let us know, and I will see if I can do "Something Creative" with my photo software.

Myself I have the single Elux Oven and the Speed oven and alto they "Match", I don't have one above the other as I feel we have "Better Assessibility" with them in different locations----No "Close Dancing" required if Wife (DW here) is using the oven and I the speed oven.

Of course that does not fit your pending setup, and I only mention it, as I think you made a great decision to get a Speed Oven rather than a 2nd or double ovens.

Those of us that have the speed ovens tend to use them a lot, some of us, more than our regular oven, in fact, as it is much faster and the majority of things we bake or speed cook fit the Speed Oven.

Lotsa Luck!!!

Gary

• cmmarch
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks Gary.
    Did the images search but can't get one that shows what I am looking for - Miele Chef Speed over Wolf L-series single. The cost of this setup will alleviate me having to take away cabinet space for micro and give me oven backup for when I need 2 and keep me on budget. I did explore doing 2 single Wolf L-series singles and was shocked at the difference in price over the double which was still limiting my layout so now I am back to the idea of one single wall oven w/speedoven....just want to make sure it will look good. I think the single Wolf has better "rating" than single Miele (?????) anyone know as I could do the single Miele and Miele speed oven which I know will match........ugh....this is last applicance decision and I want to put it to rest and move onto countertops! Any other help out there?

• rhome410
    12 years ago

Love my Wolf E-Series, and ruled out Miele for the same reasons you are. Also, my sister has Miele and says she wouldn't spend the money for it again...She's just not overly impressed.

These are rough, but I tried to stack the Wolf ovens under a Miele speed oven. Is there a reason you want the L instead of the E? The L are more expensive and, I think, the singles offer the same features. The double E has a non-convection oven on the bottom, but you avoid that difference by getting the single. It seems the E-series is a more compatible style with the Miele?

Shoot...Now I see I should've found some frameless Wolf ovens to pair with the frameless speed oven. I don't know which speed oven is right.

• dodge59
    12 years ago

First , let me be the FIRST to say, I do not claim to be a Kitchen Designer or Kitchen Architech, alto I did design our curved kitchen--soooo----keeping the "above" in mind, here are 2 things that would "bother me" about stacking a Miele Speed Oven over a wolf Oven.

(1) The wolf seems to have a bluish to white display, whilst the Miele Speed Oven is definitely on the
    orange-reddish side. That would probably really bug me.

(2) The Wolf Control panel-display is about the same width as the black & glass area of the door
    (IE appears as "full width"), whilst the Miele has that smaller window type display area. Again one being directly above the other probably would bug me a bit.

As I said , there are far more talented ppl here (design-wise) so maybe they can chime in.

To Me the Elux Speed Oven would be a far better match (Lookswise),It has the full width display/control area
    the display (when lit is blue) and only a white clock shows when the display disappears (if not used for a couple of mins).
    The Elux Speed oven does not broil and uses a turntable---not a problem for me, but of course , I can't answer for you.

You can see both Speed Ovens in use baking potatoes, Mojavean with his Miele and Me with my Elux.

I put a link to the GW Post, where you can find
    The Great Potato Race.

Again good luck on your decision and I hope my eye
    (Old as it may be), will encourage others to either
    agree with me, or tell me to take a KD Course!!!

Gary

Here is a link that might be useful: Miele and Elux Speed ovens in Operation

• cmmarch
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thx. Gary and Rhome410.
    I was going for the L because it did not have as "modern" a look to it. Our home is pretty traditional and I liked the look of the L (including the handle, glass, controls, etc much better. Thanks for setting up the photos - that helps - think I will make another trip back to appliance store this wkend.
    I have not looked at the Electrolux speed oven but thanks for the suggestion Gary.
    I will take another look over the wkend and wait to talk to my Kitchen Cabinet/builder person on Monday to discuss layout change w/him and see what he thinks.
    If anyone else has thoughts - keep them coming. This forum is invaluable for info.........

• User
    12 years ago

but.......did you stay at a Holiday Inn last nite ???

sorry - couldn't resist.

agree with you on (1) but the wolf "e" series is more teal in color and doesn't really match anything.

disagree with (2) because the miele is 60 cm wide and therefor much narrower than the Wolf. See rhome's last pic. So, the proportions are correct as the bottom or base is larger / wider than the top portion.

Coming from someone who places a lot of weight on how things LOOK, I'd really weigh the function more heavily in this case.

Nice job w/ the pics BTW.

• cmmarch
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks. What are your thoughts on going with the Miele single oven w/Miele speed oven on top? It has a sleek look and might solve my problem, it is just that I was "sold" on the Wolf L wall oven.
    Give me your thoughts on the latest Miele wall ovens - would be getting this summer so current models.

• sprtphntc7a
    12 years ago

i am stacking the miele speed oven (m.c.) over the wolf "e" unframed oven. we are not using the s.s. kit , to make the speed oven 30". we are having the cabinet made to fit it.
    i did consider "looks" but it was what i wanted so i went with function over looks. i am not a matchy matchy person anyway so i think it will look fine. and when time goes by, you really start to not notice all those little things you agonized over. eg. i did a painted border around my kitchen about 13years ago. loved it and noticed it for about a month and then it just blended in over time and i really didn't even "see" it anymore. i hope that makes sense. get what u want, and it will all work out, you will be happy in the end. imho!! best of luck!!

no pics yet, won't be installed for another month or so, but all bought!!

• littletbt
    12 years ago

I'd love to know how the Wolf wall oven/Miele speed oven combo worked out for those of you who were going for it. I think it's my first choice, though I'm still spinning with all the options. Does anyone have a picture of the two installed together?

If I don't do a speed oven I will likely just use a micro/convection to ensure I have a second oven in a pinch. It's a cheaper option but maybe not as versatile?

Another option is to install the speed oven under counter in the island. Is that a good/bad idea?

Thanks for any/all of your help!!

• sprtphntc7a
    12 years ago

littletbt: if you email me, i will send u a pic of our combo, not good at loading pics here.

we used the miele speed oven, masterchef (no dials) over the wolf E single oven.

love both appliances,looks not that important to me but i think it looks fine... both unframed.

e.