Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rubyvine_gw

any thoughts on (Summit) refrigerator drawers

rubyvine
14 years ago

Just wondering if anyone has the Summit three drawer undercounter frig. I am interested in it but can't find any reviews. I actually can't find many reviews on Summit in general. I am looking to spend 1000-1500$$ for some type of undercounter frig for beer/juice box/water. I like the idea of refrigerator drawers but am priced out of many brands. I also was looking at a Marvel undercounter frig (not drawers) but don't know much about them either. Any thoughts?? And thank you in advance.

Comments (7)

• davidro1
    14 years ago

I've searched high and low for more than a year and come up dry just like you have.

I've learned a lot about refrigeration in the process. And kitchen design too. I think the 3 drawer fridge should be a hot seller once it catches on. Today, I'd send an email to mark AT summitappliance and ask him to say who makes it for him, i.e. it's based on which other world class design (like Vestfrost, or some Electrolux subsidiary), how it handles condensation-frostfree-etc, and how it compares to the fridge drawers available from "Indesit / Ariston / Hotpoint-UK" , or from ULine, Perlick, Marvel, etc.

He'll tell you something at least.

Summit Appliances seems to have good fridges made by firms that sell large numbers in Europe but that have not chosen to go to market stateside. Summit imports them and relabels them as Summit. I'm not an expert on the appliance market so I could be X% wrong and will always be glad to learn more if anyone else has anything to add.

HTH.
    -david

• rubyvine
    Original Author
    14 years ago

David-

Boy, do I have a lot to learn!! I am not sure what Vestfrost is and have not heard of some of the brands you mention ( Indesit/Ariston ETC). I wish the good kitchen fairy would just get her butt to my place and finish this kitchen reno. Too many choices! I will try to email Mark at Summit and pick his brain.

Joboxes-

Thanks for your insight. It sounds like you have some good experiences with them. Is the loudness of their frig a big issue or maybe just a light background hummmm?

• davidro1
    14 years ago

rubyvine, Summit has fridges from various sources (relabeled) so it will be hard to ascertain loudness unless you go by each individual model and even then you may not find someone who has bought it and installed it in a typical kitchen and is signed in somewhere reachable.

Fro example, I know the tall thin bottom freezer CP-171 model fridge is quiet. I've heard it operating ful blast and under various other conditions. ((Btw, this one was also available from Home Depot as a Vestfrost 350 or 375 model, and is available also from ConServ))

Ask which make the 3 drawer fridge is; whose design it was. Just for fun, ask which compressor it uses (Embraco, Danfoss, etc), and how much the fan runs. You'll get an idea how solid the design is. The real answer sought after is user-experienced noise, the sum of many small noises, and that may be what Mark will talk about, if he has ever spent time alone with one in a closed room together.

: - )

Or else he will tell you that the fridge has the same guts as some other one, which he knows better. Etc. Etc. Etc.

Some manufacturers discuss their fridge noises freely and openly. On the Fagor web site you can locate the PDF for their tall 24" wide fridge and see what they say about all the possible noises. Since fridges move a coolant liquid through tubing, they can make sloshing noises, and since they have compressors they can make humming buzzing noises. Etc, etc, etc. Fagor is very open about their fridge noises. Most other fridge manufacturers are very guarded.

Hoping you can locate some similar information for the 3-drawer one.
    HTH.
    -david

• PRO
    KC Design
    3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

We have a Summit Three Drawer refrigerator unit and it actually is hot inside since the first month we purchased it. Not sure what to do as no repairmen know anything about it. Purchased it brand new from Lowe’s, and we are using it under the counter for storage as it has never worked. Any insights on the operation of it, as the instruction manual is not specific to this model’s functioning?

• Shahab Tabrizi
    last year

We purchased a Summit undercounter panel-ready refrigerator and freezer and it is extremely loud and have to remove it and scrap it and currently we are trying to find another brand, Summit and the online retailer Walmart will not take the device back and will have to sue them in a small claim court for our money. Do not purchase Summit appliances, they will not stand behind their products and don't purchase a device online and especially from Walmart online. Work with a retailer that will assure 100% satisfaction and stay away from Summit appliances under all circumstances.

• Shahab Tabrizi
    last year

Stay away from Summit, they have loud appliances and will not stand behind their products.