Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
conifers_gw

Gallery Photos (25) Home Nearing Completion

16 years ago

Just wanted everyone to know I posted my new home's work in progress. There are 25 photos so beware of that.

Enjoy please,

Dax

Comments (11)

• 16 years ago

Here it is:

Dax

Here is a link that might be useful: Link to Gallery Thread

• 16 years ago

Nice place Dax!

What is the wood on the walls and ceiling? Pine? It is tongue and groove with a beveled edge? That's what we have in our current home. In then ew house I'm trying to convince DH to go with something flat but he says the bevel is needed for when shrinkage occurs.

• 16 years ago

Looks great! Love all the wood. I have your dog's brother, btw. :)

You posted the tv would be going above the fireplace with stone "surrounding" it. Be sure and put the bracket the tv hangs from, then the stone, then the tv. The stone will actually be behind the tv too.

When is your projected finish?

• 16 years ago

Hi ajpl,

That's exactly the product. It's an outdoor item usually but we used it indoors. Here you can see the board and it has some roundness and is not flat. I forget about the shrinkage situation but we're using non-tongue & Groove (same Pine, Knotty Pine) for the deck and my contractor jammed them as tight together as possible. Sorry I can't answer that for you.
    {{gwi:1484649}}

Got a nice dry-wet stream. The water runs right down and into this poplar and red maple & Ash dominated section of trees and flora.
    {{gwi:1484650}}

Allison, thank you too. I got some contractor lady. He'll do the job right. He's done the same in his new log cabin. We're expected to the last week of August - end of the first week of September. I'm anxious to hear more grasshoppers than Harley Davidson's raging from my four-way-stop!

Dax

• 16 years ago

Looks great,Your wife looks happy. LOL When will it be completed?
    Thats the fan I want for my MBR. PLEASE let me know how it works.

• 16 years ago

Will do cyandjon - You cappin' on my mama?

My contractor never called me back to those that asked questions here and on the gallery, but I'll talk to him Friday.

Dax

• 16 years ago

Is that fan on a high ceiling? I would think with the big paddles it would really push some air.
    your stream/woodlands is pretty. Ours is the same, dries up especially when we dont get rain like this year.
    Is that wood finished? If not not kind of finish will you put on it?
    cyn

• 16 years ago

I should first clarify we bought tha fan at Lowes.

Hi Cyn,

Everything is getting a stain and then varnished. The ceiling is done. Everything else has only been stained but supposedly either this week (my contractor took a vacation until yesterday, not working Monday thru Wed.) Anyway, the varnish is going on either as I write or will be completely finished mid-next-week. The ceiling is cathedral and pretty tall. It runs directly through the middle of the house so other rooms have slanted ceilings. I love it by the way. I don't know how tall to the peak, but yes it's up there I'd say; maybe 15 feet??

I love my stream. Gonna plant the entire 6 acres and I believe I'll add hostas in and around the stream as well as plants that bear fruit for animals.

I've got my questions prepared so I'll ask him tomorrow. Have a nice day or night Cyn and others.

Dax

• 16 years ago

I've got answers to the question here and the one posted on the Gallery of this forum.

cyn,

The finish on the pine is miniwax stain and miniwax varnish.

aipl,
    The beveled side can either be facing or up against the wall. That has nothing to do with shrinkage. The board is tongue and grooved and you simply choose which side faces you.

I'll answer the Gallery question I guess over there.

We're a month now it seems from being done. I brought my camera today but no battery. Genious.

Anyway the stone is almost up to surround the fireplace. And wouldn't you know it that he didn't put the flat-screen bracket tilt system on. Dangit. It appears the tv will be sitting on the mantel. I have to ask him about that next friday.

Dax

• 16 years ago

The TV is fine. The guy's putting the mounting hardware on later he said so if I ever want to sell or get a new TV, the next guy isn't stuck.

I've also answered more questions (link above) to your posted questions.

Take care & have a nice weekend!

Dax