Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
flogal_gw

Hoshizaki Ice Machine

flogal
16 years ago

I am looking for a ice machine that produces clear ice and is quiet. Recently, a few dealers have mentioned the Hoshizaki ice machine is a very good unit. Any owners of this machine? Please provide feedback on your experiences.

Thanks,

Comments (4)

• vonzie
    16 years ago

Flogal,

Our church just put in a Hoshizaki ice machine a couple of months ago and it works very well. But this brand primarliy makes commercial ice makers, not for residential. As far as residential ones, take a look at KitchenAid's - they make it in a 15 inch and 18 inch wide unit, but you must have a drain for it. Good luck!

• gigi7
    16 years ago

Ironically, our KitchenAid ice machine just died yesterday...after about 3 years. I am on the look for one today. Is that about the typical life-span for the KA? It's pretty frustrating to spend that much every three years! What other brands? I've not heard of the Hoshizaki..I'll check on this one! Thanks! By the way, the KA made great, clear ice! LOVED it, but it just stopped.

• gfrnd
    16 years ago

I install one; the model is AM-100BAE and it's about 24" wide
    it is designed for under counter
    makes great ice but is very noisy
    glad I put it in the basement; had I put it in the kitchen it would have been moved out of there pronto; way too noisy to live with
    they make narrower ones but cant speak about them
    had experience with Scottsman years ago; i remember it was quiet

• ice-vending-machine
    14 years ago

I would never buy a Hoshizaki Ice Machine as they have many issues and they are not the best out there.

Here is a link that might be useful: Ice Machine