Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
faron79

Shoe shopping Ladies?!....new CL's

Faron79
13 years ago

Oh my....

E-mail from Saks this week. Thought you Gals would like to "shop" the new CL's!

Any fave styles?

I AM kinda curious though...what styles you guys like out there!

There's even some purses for Auntjen!

MY eye keeps getting drawn to the "Blue" ones!...or the Red "Lady Peeps"!

I THINK DW would like the Black "Pique Prive's". She tends to like classic styles.

Faron

Here is a link that might be useful: New

Comments (21)

• User
    13 years ago

There are some very cute shoes there, Faron - but I cannot for the life of me imagine what makes them worth those prices! As one who, no matter how diligently she tries to keep her shoes new-looking, is forever getting a heel caught in a grate or scuffing a toe on the curb, there's no way I'd ever spend three and four digits on footwear.

• golddust
    13 years ago

Yep. Auntjen, you could have your new washing machine for the price of those shoes. LOL!

Me? I am dying for a set of Le Creuset. Scouring Ebay and Etsy for some good used pieces.

• User
    13 years ago

Heck, considering the cost of the no-frills Kenmore we've chosen, I could have a new washer and a spare for the price of those shoes! ;-D

• kitchendetective
    13 years ago

I can definitely see myself wearing those Larissas while checking on a new-born calf. Right.

• golddust
    13 years ago

Kitchen, for checking on the calves, I think you may need more support than the Larissas provide. Perhaps the Madame Butterfly style would be better suited?

• kitchendetective
    13 years ago

You're right. I missed those the first time around. I'm off to order two pair. When one is drying out after the green poo has been hosed off, I can change into the other pair, don't cha' know (says someone whose days of fashion faux pas on the ranch are in the distant past)?

• newdawn1895
    13 years ago

I would take a Viking range any day of the week and twice on Sunday instead of five pairs of those shoes. And I love a great pump, not that high of a heel.

How do those Housewife's of Beverly Hills trasp around in those numbers, all the time?

• golddust
    13 years ago

While you are saving for that Viking, take some consolation in the fact that I must start my Viking burners about 5 minutes before I need them. They take longer to heat up than my old stove. I'll bet your stove can boil water much faster than mine!

• les917
    13 years ago

The only shoes I liked were the Simple Pumps, and then only if I could get 5 pair for the price of one. LOL

• newdawn1895
    13 years ago

Really Golddust? Wonder why most restaurants use them? Your not the first that I heard complain about the Viking but I thought maybe they didn't know what they were talking about, guess so.

• golddust
    13 years ago

I'm not complaining. Just saying that my Viking has caused me to be a more serious cook.

• Faron79
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Ladies....Ladies...

I'm just talking SHOES here...;-) !
    (not Viking range features!)

Of those CL shoes/boots, which do you find attractive/possibly buy?
    Purely a style-only question here.
    Does anyone here have any of these/similiar spendy shoes?

Faron
    (I noticed some of the knee-high+ boots....whoa! Those would be a knock-out on the right Woman!)

• les917
    13 years ago

As I said, the only ones I thought attractive were the Simple Pumps, and only if you could get 5 pair at that price.

Most of the the rest are either similar to things out there, or are clunky or bizarre - all about the shoes, not about making the woman look attractive, or working with an outfit.

And as auntjen said, there is nothing about them that makes them worth that kind of money, imo.

• Bumblebeez SC Zone 7
    13 years ago

Of those CL shoes/boots, which do you find attractive/possibly buy?
    Purely a style-only question here.
    Does anyone here have any of these/similiar spendy shoes?

I'm not sure why you are asking this here. The majority of the women here are interested in HOME DECORATING and while shoes are important, given the choice of an $800 dollar shoe or a beautiful piece of furniture, guess what we would pick. I would never spend that on a pair of shoes that are impractical and frankly, not that attractive to me.
    And designer brand names aren't worth the money to me.

I'm sure there are women who think those shoes are wonderful but not too many here, is my guess.

And, it's kinda a sexually harassing question.

• Faron79
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Wow. I never viewed it as any form of harassment!
    Simply a style/designer question...no more...no less.
    Just thought it was a nice subject.

I'll end the topic however, just to err on the side of caution/respect.
    To ME though, it was the equivalent of asking about car styles. Sorry if anyone was "put off" by the question.

Faron

• tinam61
    13 years ago

I'm guessing Faron thought nothing of asking this due to the recent purse threads. Many confessed to purse obsessions and I think shoes were also mentioned. There was another thread on here just this week about shoes and many times in the past. He's also shared with us before of his daughter's love for shoes. I have no problem with him asking this here.

Faron, there are some cute shoes on there but there is no way in he$# that I could wear those sky high THIN heels. Most of them would not work with my lifestyle and there is no way I would pay those prices for shoes. That said, I do like cute, stylish shoes.

Did your daughter find any she liked?

tina

• newdawn1895
    13 years ago

I am a shoe hound and if memory serves me right, many of us have 50-60 pairs of them.
    We have talked shoes many times on the site.

Not a problem Faron!

• les917
    13 years ago

Faron, I don't see any problem with you bringing up the shoes on this side of the board - that is what it is for, things that are perhaps a bit off the decorating topic.

Actually, dressing oneself is a form of decorating, is it not?

Anyway, I don't see how it was sexually harassing at all. Many women are shoe crazy (I mean that in a nice way, not a dis) and love to see what is out there. Not me - I think I have a total of 10 pairs of shoes to my name, including my slippers - but I don't mind the discussion.

Carry on!

• cooperbailey
    13 years ago

Faron, I have to admit- that the first time I had ever HEARD of CL shoes was on a post you did when you bought your DD a pair!
    So thanks for the edification!

If we can trash talk football, we can talk shoes.

• mrsmarv
    13 years ago

If I were a bit younger...a bit thinner...or at least as beautifully put-together as Helen Mirren, who is close to me in age, I'd choose the glitter peep-toe with a strap. They remind me of the beautiful clothes and shoes of the 30's and 40's. Think Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers.

I don't find your question offensive at all. Many of us have come to "know" Faron, and as well as being well-versed in paint, hardware and football, it seems he's also become quite the fashion maven LOL. I'd give my eye teeth to have my DH be as interested in clothes, shoes, handbags, etc. BTW, how many pair of CL's does your DD own now?

• work_in_progress_08
    13 years ago

I don't think the topic is at all harassing.

Faron, I am more interested in your DD's social life. Does she get to wear these CL's often? I guess she must go to some awesome events, parties, etc. I rarely see the CLs on our DD's age group - early 20's? With my own DD's friends (cash-poor college students), Ugg Classic Tall boots and Steve Madden flats are pretty much the standard attire. lol My own DD is 5'9", so she steers away from anything with too high of a heel. I feel the same way about that kind of heel. Makes me feel way too tall.

The CL shoes aren't for me, too much too high. I would be tetering on those spiked heels. I am more of a practical shoe gal. Comfort being the big criteria after style. When I need a pair of "formal" shoes for a party, I hate to admit that I usually spend less than what I spend on my daily shoes. I don't want to spend big $$$ on shoes that I may only wear once or twice.