Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lisaincalifornia

Does anyone know anything about Chatham Furniture?

lisaincalifornia
16 years ago

I just ordered a Highland Cocktail Table and matching side table for our livingroom. They are made by Chatham Furniture. I had never heard of them, but read that they are an American company and use only quality hardwood.

Here is the cocktail table:

http://www.studentmarket.com/Chatham-Furniture-6320-CX1102.html#additional

I like that it has a glass inlay so that I can display items in it. It was sort of pricey for a coffee table, but it seems like it will be well made.

Does anyone have any of their furniture?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Lisa

Comments (4)

• lisaincalifornia
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Sorry, here is the live link--I need to learn how to use this website. I know it is sort of a long shot that people know much about Chatham--I tried doing a search but not much popped up. The company looks good, but if anyone has bought one of their peices I would appreciate hearing your story :). Sort of a long shot, but thought I would try.

Normally I would never buy furniture online, but it is getting really hard to find furniture in light wood tones. We have a beautiful diningroom set (with china hutch and side board) from Ethan Allen's Swedish Home collection that is a light-golden natural maple tone. That room flows into our livingroom, which we have a substantial Stanley desk that is also a light wood, as well as a new Thomasville television console (Attache collection) in light wood. We are replacing the coffee table and side table in that same room, so we need it to be in the same light wood family. Thomasville no longer sells the Attache collection, but I didn't really like the style of the coffee table anyway.

I know that you can mix wood tones, but we also *like* lighter wood tones for our house. We have hardwood floors throughout the house that are a beautiful light honey color (wide plank). We also vaulted the ceiling when we moved in and covered it with Alaskan cedar, which is a beautiful blonde tone much like our hardwood floor. This is a California ranch house in the Bay Area. So the light wood has worked for us, obviously--but now is VERY hard to find in furniture. I keep telling my husband in 5-8 years we will be right in style!

We just ordered a new sectional couch and leather chair for the livingroom, and we wanted to replace the coffee table and side table, but were stuck as far as choices for our light wood tone. I found this Chatham furniture online, and it looks to be perfect for us. I love that I can display my seashells under the glass top.

Thanks for reading! Take care. I have learned a lot from lurking here lately.
    Lisa

Here is a link that might be useful: Chatham Cocktail Table

• furnone
    16 years ago

Lisa,
    You will be very happy with the quality of Chatham. Paul Kepela, the owner has been making fine quality furniture for over 40 years and has an enviable reputation here in New England.
    I'm not sure, but I think the price you paid may be a bit high. You can confirm this if you wish, by contacting American Accents in High Point. I know they are a Chatham dealer and ship all over.

Here is a link that might be useful: American Accents

• lisaincalifornia
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thank you so much for your advice! I will call them tomorrow. I did the the price was a little high, too. They offer free white glove delivery and no sales tax, so that was a plus, but I still am not sure this online store was the best choice.

I am so glad to hear they are well known for quality furniture. That part really puts my mind at ease.

Thanks again,
    Lisa

• sanborn5
    16 years ago

If it is the same furniture I am thinking of they are made about 20 miles from where I live. I think they are made in Salsbury, Ma. I live in Kittery, Me and they sell a line of Kittery Point furniture so that does lead me to believe it is the company I am thinking of. They are a good quality furniture. I don't think you will be sorry. I am thinking of getting the same line as you in the end table.