Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gillylily

looking for barstools

gillylily
14 years ago

i am looking for 2 barstools for the end of my island.. It is not a large space only about 30 in. so I would need square stools 15" or less. I know the space is tight, but it was the best we could do with our layout.. Any suggestions? I have looked in several places but due to the size have not had much luck.. Just curious if maybe someone knows of a great place to look!!

Below is my kitchen. The stools will be at the end of the island opposite the hood.

TIA for your help!

Comments (10)

• nskylark
    14 years ago

I ordered Sonata Leather Backless stools from Costco.com for my kitchen and i love them. They are small but well padded and they have heald up well. And I couldn't beat the price anywhere. i liked that they didn't have a back so that I could tuck them all the way under my counter and the table top would be useable.

From Kitchen Before & After

Here is a link that might be useful: Costco.com stools

• rockrisley
    14 years ago

The website allbarstools.com has a great selection of barstools. I currently have some in my kitchen and love them. They are made by Tempo. Apparently, Tempo does commercial goods so these stools are very sturdy but attractive. I saw Tempo model "Hermosa" on the website. It has a square seat and is backless. I think it looks very attractive and would look great in your kitchen. It comes in a few different colors. They also offer free shipping. You can read customer reviews for the stools. Everyone seems pleased. Good Luck! Let us know how you make out.

• Jodi_SoCal
    14 years ago

How about something like we have. Seagrass backless stools from The Pottery Barn.

Jodi-

• biochem101
    14 years ago

I was going to mention Tempo Hermosa too! I SO wanted them but they were too small, only 14" square. They are really cute and you can choose a variety of fabric seats.

• beekeeperswife
    14 years ago

Don't forget to look at Overstock.

Any chance the chairs from your table also come in a stool?

• Buehl
    14 years ago

15" per person????

• gillylily
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Unfortunately, yes 15" per person. It will mostly be for my little girls- If I had known better I could have done a corner wall oven and changed everything allowing for more space for island seating,.. but.. it was something I didn't think about until much after the fact.. so sadly only 15"/person. the stools are 14.5 each so i don't think it is that out of reach.. or is it????

Beekeeperswife.. we are using a really old table temporarily until our 4 and 6 year old learn NOT to draw all over the table "accidentally". Can't bear to ruin yet another new piece of furniture.. although now we have plenty of space for their art table in their playroom so it won't be as much of a problem..

Thanks for the overstock suggestion.. will look there too!!

• zelmar
    14 years ago

We have the Ballard Designs stools and really like them. The leg spread at floor level is just a hair wider than you want so maybe they won't work out for you but you're going to need some spread for stability. Ours are in the livingroom as often as they are in the kitchen. The flat top makes for excellent side tables. They're quite sturdy and they have weathered the last 4 1/2 years well.

Here is a link that might be useful: Ballard Stool

• crazyhouse6
    14 years ago

I purchased my smaller, square barstools from overstock.com. I believe they are 15" each. I have 4 stools on a 6 1/2 foot bar, so I needed them to be narrow also.

• plllog
    14 years ago

I was just noticing that The Artful Home had some great looking stools, including this one, which meets your requirements, though it's pricey.

This one is even smaller, 13.75"x11.5" and even pricier.

And there's this 12" square one, which also comes in counter height, and isn't nearly as pricey.

There's at least one other as well.