• pudleboy
    15 years ago

I like venetian gold. Adds some warmth.

• jb1176
    15 years ago

Green

• houseful
    15 years ago

I vote the gold, even though I love both.

• User
    15 years ago

we have the green as in Peacock and love it

• mitchdesj
    15 years ago

I do love the green with your door; it looks fresh and clean.

• bellcrest
    15 years ago

I like the gold. Too me, the green is too dark with your cabinets, but that is just my opinion.

• sterlingsilver
    15 years ago

Definitely green. It looks very elegant with your cabinets. The gold is way too busy.

• lisalisa2009
    Original Author
    15 years ago

lukkiirish: do you have pics? of the peacock green?

• ccoombs1
    15 years ago

too funny....the votes are:

gold
    green
    gold
    green
    green
    gold
    green

well, does that help?? lol!

• susanka
    15 years ago

I have a very similar green, but with oak cabinets. I was able to find a piece with a lot of light green movement in it, but even so the kitchen is much darker than I thought it would be. I vote for the gold.

• nwpepper
    15 years ago

gold - unless you can find a lighter green.

• ccoombs1
    15 years ago

I do like the gold better. The green is a gorgeous granite, but I think it may be too dark for the cabinets and the "tone" is wrong. I think it's a little too cool feeling for the warm color of your cabinets. What were you planning to do for a back splash?

• sailormann
    15 years ago

The green will look richer/older/more establishment.

The gold is less formal, does not contrast as much and will probably be easier to resell.

I prefer the green but the darker counters will suck up a lot of light in the kitchen. You need to have windows or very good ambient lighting. Mirrors would help too but they can be high maintenance if you don't have a cleaning person.

• lisalisa2009
    Original Author
    15 years ago

ccoombs1:
    OMG i was just counting the votes. i'm so confused ... i'm the worst with this stuff

Here is a link that might be useful: my kitchen

• sterlingsilver
    15 years ago

Here's a link to the Peacock Green (aka Verde Peacock). The gold flecks highlight wood cabinets and the green is a very rich, deep green, with some blue-green toned crystals.

Here is a link that might be useful: Verde Peacock granite sample

• jen19083
    15 years ago

I vote gold. It's gorgeous!

• trudymom
    15 years ago

They both look gorgeous. Kind of depends on if you need some light in the house. I'd probably choose the gold--the green may go too dark.

• marjen
    15 years ago

Gold, the green just does NOT go with those cabinets. I am installing a very similar cabinet in my remodel and will be using a color very similar to the gold for the countertop.

• ccoombs1
    15 years ago

I think auchmedden may have nailed it.....neither of the choices are perfect which is why no one can agree. While I do like the gold better, it isn't perfect. A granite like auchmedden describes with a bit of maroon in it and less gold might be a much better match.

• auchmedden
    15 years ago

I believe I was thinking of Bianco Romano.

Here is a link that might be useful: Bianco Romano

• kitchendetective
    15 years ago

I prefer the green. I love the color of your cabinets and I think the green offers a classic look. However, as others have already said, it may make things dark in that room, so you have to evaluate your light, how much glass, and how many reflective surfaces you will have in there. Try running a search for yanalg's kitchen for an idea of how a similar combination looks.

• auchmedden
    15 years ago

Also, what are the other colors in your kitchen? Floors, appliances, backsplash? If those aren't yet decided, you will have an easier time finding a granite.

• auchmedden
    15 years ago

At the risk of becoming a pest, how about giallo venezia? It is a little warmer, which may be what you were looking for, given the venetian gold.

Here is a link that might be useful: Giallo Venezia

• lisalisa2009
    Original Author
    15 years ago

auchmedden:
    i'm going to go down to granite place to take some pictures and get another sample. i will post in a while.

• susan4664
    15 years ago

The green is not only warm, but very rich looking! It will be gorgeous with your cabinets.

• pbrisjar
    15 years ago

Yeah - I agree with auchmedden. The green is absolutely gorgeous but the tone is off for your cabs. So's the gold.

Are you bringing a cab sample with you to the granite yard? That really is the best way to see the match potential. Bringing a sample home is important, too because light values change.

Yanno what's funny? Those cabs are really close to the color I wanted (but Hubby vetoed). When we did ours, we picked the granite before the stain color as we figured stain is much more changeable than a granite slab.

Our granite:

From Kitchen

(it's Arcobaleno and is probably a quartzite and is hard to find)

• steph1602
    15 years ago

I like the green and I have a very similar granite in my kitchen along with a similar color cabinet. I do have many windows and lots of light in my kitchen though. My floor is also fairly light.

• lisalisa2009
    Original Author
    15 years ago

ccoombs1: i appreciate your honesty and want you to be brutely honest. thanks.

auchmedden: You are so not a pest - i appreciate your honesty also.I did see giallo vencenza but it looked very dull in color at the yard (very beige) the link you show is kinda pinkish for me maybe just the picture. check out my link now. i went back to the granite yard.

Be truthful
    thanks

Here is a link that might be useful: My kitchen

• lisalisa2009
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Floors are neutral pics on my link and appliances are stainless steel w/ some blk in stove and microwave

Here is a link that might be useful: My kitchen

• pbrisjar
    15 years ago

That looks like a very nice slab of Bianco Romano.

• lisalisa2009
    Original Author
    15 years ago

pbrisjar-love your Arcobaleno - we should have picked the granite first and i'm sorry i didn't

thanks everyone for your comments and pics.

Here is a link that might be useful: my kitchen

• petra_granite
    15 years ago

green never have to seal ever!
    I like the Peacock and the Butterfly: Peacock better:
    Emerald Pearl even the best!

• petra_granite
    15 years ago

was posted by someone on here few weeks ago:
    green looks great with darker cabinets: and not too dark!

• auchmedden
    15 years ago

Lisa - I really like the ivory granite in your file. I think it would look great with both your cabinets and your floor tile. You should take a photo with all three together in the same room with the same lighting to make sure.

Also, another poster just posted pics of a beautiful typhoon bordeaux slab. It might also work for you and is worth a look.

Here is a link that might be useful: typhoon bordeaux - scroll down