Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
raee_gw

Does anyone have Burled Beach Corian?

The samples that I have are very attractive, but I wonder how a whole counter looks. Pictures from google haven't been very helpful. The color is intriguing, at first glance it is a beige, but sometimes it looks greenish.

It would be a stretch, more expensive than the lower cost granite or solid surface(something like corian Granola or Sahara) that I had planned, but I do keep coming back to it!

PS if anyone knows a budget-friendly online source for countertops, please share!

Comments (13)

• charlottegirl
    11 years ago

Have you seen this site already http://solidsurface.com/burled-beach-dupont-corian? They also have lots of other brands at all different "budget-friendly" prices.

Here is a link that might be useful: Corian

• raee_gw zone 5b-6a Ohio
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Yes, I have! that is what got me considering it. But, sadly, I just saw that they are down to only one slab, not enough for the whole kitchen (but so close.)

• charls_walker
    8 years ago

I have just had John Lewis install a Burled Beach work top. I would strongly advise against the product. The appearance is one of nicotine stains mixed with a mechanics oily fingerprints...not a good look for £3,000. The random marks are utterly inconsistent, with areas of the work surface being acceptable and others having awful smears that give the look of a very grubby surface. I was only shown a small sample which did not give any idea of the overall look. Best to avoid in my book!

• carolyngw
    7 years ago

I just found this post and last week I ordered Burled Beach for my new kitchen. Please tell me it will look as good as I think it will? Does anyone have photos of the finished product?

• cmma01
    7 years ago

Yes I can send a photo if I can work out how to upload a piccy. Will try tomorrow when I have some time.

• cmma01
    7 years ago

Here are some photos of our new en-suite sink with a white Corian basin moulded into a Burled Beach Corian worktop. The wall tiles are a soft white/grey matt finish and adding some interest are some matt multi colour mosaic tiles that tied everything together.

There is an area where there are swirls of that grey grimey-looking pattern that charls_walker mentioned above, but the fabricator made sure these would be at the back of the worktop where they are hidden by the things stored there and a large curved mirrored wall cabinet set above the back of the worktop.

Colour-wise, you need to choose your decor carefully as the worktop without the surrounding colours could look quite dingey. Without the mosaic tiles I don't think it would have worked as well, so I was thankful to find that particular mosaic in a Topps Tiles outlet closing down sale.

By the way, this design was our solution to a huge staircase bulkhead taking up a large section of our bathroom floor. We raised the floor to reduce the size of the bulkhead and increase the floor area. That gave us a step up from the toilet and bidet area to the corner shower and basin area.

• practigal
    7 years ago

If burled is too dark, comsider sandalwood or witch hazel.

• Jolene Palmer
    7 years ago
    I have 6000 worth of burgled beech countertops to be installed Monday July 18, 2016. Hope it looks good. Choosing the countertop was the hardest part of the whole Reno. It is the elephant in the room, but you have to choose from a small sample. I found a demo kitchen in our local Rona store using burgled beach. In the photo I have added our flooring (left hand sample) and the yellowish laminate in the rest of the dining living room. I will try to post a pic when it is all done.
  • Jolene Palmer
    7 years ago
    Sorry. Burled beach.
  • Jolene Palmer
    7 years ago
    Here's another section of that same demo kitchen.
  • Jolene Palmer
    7 years ago
    Here is my Burled Beach Corian countertop. I love it. It is a little less yellow and a bit browner than I expected, but it fairly neutral and the swirls of grey pick up the colours on the wall and what will eventually be in the slate look tile floor.
  • Jolene Palmer
    7 years ago
    This is the Burled Beach Corian countertop with the Blanco Rondo sink in anthracite and the Blanco Solon compost bucket. Faucet to come.
Sponsored
Miller Woodworks
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars21 Reviews
Franklin County's Trusted Custom Cabinetry Solutions