Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
waynejs

Is this a good price on an American Standard HVAC in Chicago area

waynejs
13 years ago

Hi,

Sorry to post another HVAC price quote question, but I didn't want to thread jack an existing thread. I'm replacing my furnace and AC unit. I live in Schaumburg, a suburb of Chicago. I was quoted a price of $4545 pre tax rebate for an American Standard Allegiance 13 2.5 ton, 13 seer air conditioner (model 4A7B3030) and American Standard Freedom 95 Single Stage, 95% efficient furnace (model AUH0601B936). Is this a good price? Thanks so much in advance!

Comments (15)

• neohioheatpump
    13 years ago

Price is good. If you spend a bit more with the recommendations below you can really have a nicer system though.

Ask for the 2-stage 95% gas furnace. 2 stages makes a world of difference in comfort and may help with efficiency too. It shouldn't cost much more.

I would also ask for the next high efficient A/C model. It shouldn't cost much more unless he's taxing you.

If you want to get fancy ask about a heatpump instead of A/C with your 95% gas furnace. Another marginal price increase if the installer isn't taking a bunch of extra profit. These can be very nice on cooler days (above freezing) or when natural gas spikes again.

• waynejs
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks a lot for the response, neohioheatpump! I'll ask for the prices for those upgrades.

• waynejs
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I took neohioheatpump's advice and got the following installed today:

American Standard Freedom 95 Comfort-RÂ Variable Speed Furnace

American Standard 14 Split System Cooling  Single Phase 2.5-ton Air Conditioner.

The installer told me it's a 14 SEER AC, but with the variable speed furnace, it becomes a 15 SEER AC.

The installers seemed to do a good job and everything looks good. Thanks for the recommendations!

• dave0928
    13 years ago

I am also in the Chicago area and considering the same type of system with 4 ton air capacity.
    How much did you end up paying for your system?

Dave

• neohioheatpump
    13 years ago

nice job. That 15 seer A/C will cost very little to run. You'll also find that 2-stage variable gas speed furnace to be super quiet and efficient. 2-stage furnaces are a absolute-must even if they aren't variable speed fans.

• waynejs
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Hi Dave,

I ended up paying a little under $5,200 before tax credits and rebates for everything.

• dave0928
    13 years ago

Thanks waynejs,
    For those of you who know about this stuff, If I have the same system with a 4 ton air instead of the 2.5 ton, How much should the price increase? few hundred? or a lot more?
    Please advice since I am considering this system with a 4 ton air in the same area.

Dave

• roger100
    13 years ago

Hi,
    Can I get the dealer you used to install freedom 95 comfort r 2 stage furnace and 16 seer unit 4 ton. I got the quote from a dealer and it was much higher. $5,200 before rebate and tax incentive is very good price.
    Thanks

• bonansinga1285_comcast_net
    13 years ago

Hi-

I am researching this combination as well. Can you provide the contractor's name? Do you like the install and performance?

thank you in advance,

Jon

• cheesefood
    12 years ago

I just got a 4 ton 13 SEER American Standard compressor and coil installed for $2,800.

• tnres1
    12 years ago

I was quoted $5700 for 2 tom American standard in Nashville.
    Is this good price?
    Please please let me know.
    Thank you.

• tigerdunes
    12 years ago

Tn

This is nearly a 2 yr old thread that is dead.

Start your own with all details and you will have much better luck as to a reply.

IMO

• tnres1
    12 years ago

Ok Thank you. I am trying to look , how I can start that

• tigerdunes
    12 years ago

Go to first page bottom of page to start your thread.