Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
canyonhome_gw

Electrolux Washer rubber boot problem

canyonhome
13 years ago

Anyone else finding rubber shavings in their loads, with the rubber coming from the rubber boot as it's rubbing against the drum and pieces breaking apart?

Here's a few posts on the problem:

http://www.washingmachineadvisor.com/electrolux-washing-machine-reviews.html

Comments (6)

• sshrivastava
    13 years ago

I read some of the messages from your link - scary stuff! I wonder why so many people are having this problem. It can't be a design flaw common to all of these machines, that would appear to be a very boneheaded oversight on Electrolux' part.

Have you called for service?

• oregpsnow
    13 years ago

Gasp!! Can it be true - Electrolux has a flaw? Just goes to prove you shouldn't buy a first-generation appliance, even if it is from Europe and sold by the perky Kelly Ripa. There are boneheads in every company and they are all trying to make more money.

Seriously, good luck with your washer - I know how irritating these things are. My Duet set is almost 4 years old and doing great but you never know.........

• rosesark
    13 years ago

Had problems with quite a few just delivered machines. Finally gave up on one brand, got another. First one prob. Second great. I don't care how many i have to try , i will until i get one that works as it should and that i can tolerate. People who bought Miele,s have had a problem. There are going to be some bad apples in anything that is mass produced.

• mieleforme
    13 years ago

I also had this problem with a couple of loads in my Miele but it was my fault. I found I was overloading the machine. When it would spin, the laundry would rub against the laundry push back flap on the door seal and be unable to actually get pushed back into the tub for the spin because the drum was so full. The laundry would continue to rub against it during the high spin speed, rubber shavings would be everywhere and a hole would be worn into the item stuck around the gasket usually.

• rosesark
    13 years ago

I see that i didn't say what brand that i had the boot problem in, but it was the first Electrolux Wave Touch that was delivered. I refused to have the boot/seal replaced after owning it a day. It rubbed really bad on the left side about a 6 in area and a 2in area on the right. It could be seen that there was more space between the seal and the drum on the right and on the left the drum was tight aginst it. Rubbed an 1/8th groove in the rubber. I was not sure if replacing the seal or boot would fix it, or if the drum came too far forward on that side. After spinning there would be a hot rubber smell, and the rim of the drum was coated in rubber dust, plus flakes all over. I told Electrolux that i had read of others having this problem too, so maybe whoever thay have who installs the rubber should be checked. Sometimes it seems like you should ask for anything you buy to be inspected before shipping from factory. I had to wait over 3 weeks to get another washer, but they did send me $100.00 for having to go to the laundry. Got a good one the second time.

• sshrivastava
    13 years ago

There are bad apples with every brand. What matters is that you now have one that works and that you're happy. I went through four Dacor ovens before I got one that wasn't damaged or faulty, but the one that did work has been working flawlessly and turned me into a master baker! :)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio