Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
john492n

Kenmore Elite Oasis vs. Maytag Bravos and Whirlpool Cabrio

john492n
13 years ago

I have owned a Kenmore Elite Oasis washer and dryer for about a year now with no problems. Getting ready to move soon and the washer and dryer are staying, so looking to purchase a new set.

Debating on going with the same thing or is there any difference in the Maytag Bravos and Whirlpool Cabrio series?

Guess there were problems with the Kenmore Elite Oasis when it first came out years ago, but they have since addressed the issues.

Comments (8)

• mboston_gw
    13 years ago

Do a search on this site. Lots of info on all three here over the last year or so.

• cynic
    13 years ago

They're sibling machines, essentially the same. There's a few features that vary from model to model. The Oasis and Bravos have models available with a heater while the Cabrio doesn't yet as far as I know.

• john492n
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks cynic! So besides the heater, no real difference in reliability? Noticed the Maytag Bravos was rated #1 in the Feb 2010 comparison in Consumer Reports, Cabrio was #5 and #6, while the Oasis was #13.

• dadoes
    13 years ago

CR reliability ratings are a hack. Sure there are more Oasis models reported having trouble ... there are more Oasis washers out in the wild because the new machine design was introduced to the market through the Kenmore Oasis brand a year or more before the other brands ... plus consider how many more consumers buy Sears than other brands. CR also only asks about machines that are five years old or less as I recall from years past when I subscribed to the magazine and received the annual questionnaire. Following their rules, my appliances that have had NO repairs and are 6, 7, 11, 13, 18, and 19 years old don't qualify to be included in their statistics.

• john492n
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Was just looking at HomeDepot.com and they have 4 different Maytag Bravos:

MVWB750W
    MVWB450WQ
    MVWB750WQ
    MVWB750WR

Only real difference is one of them has a soak cycle while the others do not and 2 come in white, one in red, and one in black.

• shirl51
    13 years ago

Hi John
    I have the MVWB750WQ and love it. I was tempted to buy a front loader but after reading complaints about mold, etc plus I am not a young chicken so bending over to do laundry was not my cup of tea and spending a couple of hundred dollars for a pedestal was a no no. Anyways I bought mine from Home Depot at a great price and 4 year warranty in November 2009. Washing was a learning experience. I know now to put the clothes around the impeller in small piles and I use HE powder detergent. Tried the liquid detergent but did not like the residue it left in my tub. Regarding the soak cycle yes I do have it along with extra rinse, etc. Just never needed to use it. Wish you luck on your decision.

• HU-621622486
    3 months ago

I have had a Kenmore Elite Oasis King Size Capacity for over 20 years and I love it. Just the other day the ol signal kept coming on and the machine was not overloaded. Just drained. Tried it several times and same thing kept happening. I was going to have someone come out and look at it, but was advised that even if the problem got fixed, something else could go wrong and then something else, etc. because of it's age. I am looking for a washer with the same features, since I can't find the Kenmore Elite Oasis anywhere. I absolutely love my current machine, but having no luck finding one with the same features. Help!!!!!!!

• dadoes
    3 months ago

There are none.