Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jsmith23_gw

Opinion on Heil HVAC proposal

jsmith23
10 years ago

Hello,
Just received a proposal for a Heil HVAC system and a few other items to be installed. The sizing and what not is appropriate for my home and bid includes a completely new ducting system (current home has 35 year old ductboard throughtout!). Couple of questions:

1. T-stat models not specified....have asked contractor to revise. Any recommendations?

2. The furnace model is a 2-stage communicating furnace but the condenser unit is not. This was actually my choice based on the fact that this model uses an all stainless steel heat exchanger...communicating function was not the priority. With that being said Heil has a model down that is also 2-stage, non communicating, and aluminized heat exchanger. The communicating furnace has a better "no hassle" replacement warranty of 10 years rather than 5. Question is...Is it worth paying the communicating furnace although it won't be paried with a communicating condenser strictly because I prefer the all stainless heat exchanger?

3. Total cost for this install is $20K. I am in NJ so prices on HVAC are dodgy. I previously posted about a Trane bid I received for near identical work and it was only $1K more....so this is basically market value for the work in these parts. Now I have to make a decision. All things considered for apples to apples to comparison this Heil bid or a Trane bid for an XV-95 and XR 16 with all other work being equal. Thoughts?

Thanks in advance for your comments.

Comments (3)