Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sdionnemoore_gw

Signs with funny/thought-provoking text

sdionnemoore
14 years ago

It takes me forever to figure out what I want to do in a room. Usually. But about a week ago I had a brainstorm for our 1/2 bath and I'm SO excited. I have always loved those little (and big) signs that have funny sayings or offer a thought provoking quote from someone famous (or not). And that's when it came to me that I should fill the walls in my guest bath with these signs. Well, maybe not fill, but definitely hang a bunch of them up for the enjoyment of my company as they. . .well, you know.

Shew, I'm out of breath saying all that! Now my question is this, other than Marshalls (just got two signs last night for $3.00 a piece!), TJ Maxx and other such places, are there any places online that offer this type of thing?

Thanks!

Comments (12)

• nhb22
    14 years ago

eBay would be a good source for inexpensive signs.

• justgotabme
    14 years ago

Something to read, while in there doing ones duty is my guess. LOL. I love the idea and am I lover of near signs too. My latest find, though not a real as in hold in your hands sign, says "I have CDO, It's like OCD, but in alphabetical order like it should be."
    Another favorite of mine is "Today I'm going to be as happy as a bird with a french fry." Especially since it reminds me of when I helped our daughter move to Cali and we spent some really quality time together which included eating lunch in the shade of trees in a parking lot watching the birds thrilled to find tossed out french fries. Oh and ofcourse, we tossed them some of our fries too.

On could easily make them too by finding sayings you like (google whatever type of "quotes" "sayings" you are looking for) then write them up on Word using different fonts. Either print them out on paper and paste to plaques or make into stencils and paint them on plaques.

Check out the link below and look to the left for two different groups of signs. (bottom and third from bottom actually)

Here is a link that might be useful: Hobby Lobby

• jenfur427
    14 years ago

I just picked up a bunch of these for a STEAL of a price. The group in Dallas was going away for whatever reason, so they were selling all the display signs for $5 each. I bought 6 of them.

Here is a link that might be useful: Chick Lingo

• auntie_ellen boston
    14 years ago

OMG that chick lingo website has some hilarious (and adorable) stuff!! I am bookmarking it. Thanks for posting it!

• justgotabme
    14 years ago

I know, isn't that an awesome site!? I love it. Love the name too.

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    14 years ago

Ha! I just bookmarked it, too! Thanks!

• jenfur427
    14 years ago

Yay! My first helpful post! :)

• sarahmakes6
    14 years ago

Love that website and I love the powder room idea, too! Trying to decide where I could do that in my house.

• kiki_redo
    14 years ago

i like the "keep calm and carry on" sign i keep running across on the houzz website. it's a british world war two poster and i have it on my amazon wish list. lots of other posters on amazon. also if you have a marshalls, home goods or tj maxx around, they often carry those board signs with sayings ;)

• sdionnemoore
    Original Author
    14 years ago

OH! Thanks Jenfur for that sight. My fav is the one about the idea of cleaning being sweeping the room with a glance. Too funny! I can't wait to show you all pics of the completed room. It'll be a while though. Gotta collect those signs first.

• bestyears
    14 years ago

etsy!

• bestyears
    14 years ago

An example from etsy.com
    Just search 'signs'

Here is a link that might be useful: etsy sign