Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
justgotabme

I need help please on how much should I price this

justgotabme
14 years ago

to sell on Craigslist? It's in very good shape. We are non-smokers. The mattress is foam. That's the biggest draw back. Seems most in our area are asking for sectionals, not asking for the sleeper, so my guess that isn't so important.

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

Comments (9)

• justgotabme
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I thought these might help.
    OMAHA CL SECTIONALS
    OMAHA SOFA & LOVE SEATS

• blondepegasus
    14 years ago

I would say you'll probably be able to get a couple hundred for it. Even though it looks to be in great shape, the color and fabric are pretty taste specific.

• justgotabme
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks blondepegasus. Not sure if you checked the link, but I posted it for three hundred and have had four emails which I replied to, but only one has gotten back to me. I really don't expect to hear from anyone else until this evening after all is home from work.
    The one that got back to me offered $200 and I said I'd get back to him if not sold to the others. It's tempting to just sell it to him since he seemed so nice in his emails.
    I'd be happy to keep it myself, but it's in hubby's room(the gentleman's parlor) and he's wanting something different. Not sure what yet, but he knows he wants different.

• rjinga
    14 years ago

What I always try to do (which you have also done) before I post something is to search CL for similiar items and see what they have and what they are listed for. Used furniture is always the hardest for me to decide on a price..gee thanks huh. I'm such a big help.

If you search the same location for key word "sleeper" you get a very different response, than couches and loveseats sectionals etc. So looking at that I guess I'd also say a few hundred, maybe start at $250 or $300? since it's in great condition, that will help.

• justgotabme
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks Rhonda. We were posting at the same time. I did put it for $300 figuring that would be a good starting point. My hubby won't help. He said whatever when I asked him what he thought I should list it for. I just want to really start decorating another room. I'm so tired of living with rooms that aren't finished yet! It's literally hurting my feelings/emotions.

• Lyban zone 4
    14 years ago

I wouls stick with 300.00 for at least one week. I think that is a good price for it.

• justgotabme
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thank you lyban. I think that's a good idea. I just need to be patient.

• dgranara
    14 years ago

justgotabme, I think your price is right on. I was going to suggest around $300, too. Also, I totally agree with lyban about being patient (tempting as it is to sell to the nice guy)! That extra $100 could buy a lot of paint/accessories/whatever it is you need to get rid of those hurt feelings!

• justgotabme
    Original Author
    14 years ago

LOL that's true about the extra hundred dollars. There is so much to do in our home to get it to the point where it wouldn't be so embarrassing to have company. Having a non-construction grade stairway for one! Though I'd rather have curtains and a new rug for the ladies parlor!